TMM Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Ken Minniti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Employee"

I worked at TMM Publications full-time

Pros

Very Comfortable & professional work atmosphere. Not a big office which means not a lot of quick advancement soon but the company did offer a lot of unique perks and flexibility for all of the staff.

Cons

The company was not big enough to offer and health care or medical or dental benefits for any of the employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing to open new markets so you can expand to the point of being big enough to offer a comprehensive health benefits to your employees.

2. "Needs some work"

Former Employee - Publisher's Representative
    Former Employee - Publisher's Representative

I worked at TMM Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility when it comes to outside appointments. Great coworkers.

Cons

You will be asked to do a lot, and your pay will not reflect it. You will be asked to intimidate the contractors into doing what the CEO wants and those morals do not add up to any ones.

You will find yourself feeling defeated when your job is based off of other people flying to AZ and staying on their own dime for something that wont make them money for the first couple months.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a change in recruiting, and there needs to be a better work environment. Make your employees feel valued and that they are doing a good job and they will make your business profitable.

3. "Full-time"

Pros

Some of the people who work there are nice. The good ones don't stay. Everyone is looking to get out of there after about a month.

Cons

The CEO feels superoir to everyone. He asks employees to do things, never in an email, that are illegal and jokes behind closed doors that the employee can go to jail for him. He hires inexperienced workers on purpose so they won't understand what is hapening.

4. "You will get thrown under the bus"

Former Employee - Graphic Design in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Graphic Design in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TMM Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat a good environment to work in. I didn't have problems with the CEO, maybe cause I didn't have to work with him much. Overall if you want the experience go for it. But don't expect to be there long term. The only people that have been there long term is the CEO VP and Editor.

Cons

If someone above you doesn't like you. You will definitely get thrown under the bus quick. When I worked there it was a lot of sneaky undermined things that went on. The gossip and drama is thick in that office. And the favoritism is too. If you make a mistake or have a bad week and the person in charge don't like you kiss that job good bye.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at your turnover rate and adjust accordingly. Or you will always the same problem you have now with your employees. Possible add some benefits or something that will help them stay cause the work environment is not that great.

5. "DO NOT TAKE A JOB FROM HERE!"

I have been working at TMM Publications full-time

Pros

NONE! Consider this a red flag.

Cons

The problem is 100% the owner. It is really sad how his business will never reach it's full potential because he doesn't understand basic business ethics. There aren't any benefits/ retirement and he has been in business for over 20 years. He relies on hiring people who are desperate for a job, can't speak english fluently, or just moved to the US. If you expect to be valued as a human being, I promise - TMM is not the place. It is not a warm environment and there will never be a day where you feel appreciated. The last straw for me, was when he showed he did not care about the safety of his employees as well.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns; provide benefits and try to be a decent human being.
    VP is awesome! but the editor should try and just wear one face instead two.

"in-house employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great place to work for new experiences and challenges.

Cons

A bit disorganized and no hands on training.

Advice to Management

Keep coming up with new strategies to better the company, it's awesome. Definitely improve on having hands on training and motivational coaching.

7. "An Opportunity to Grow"

Current Employee - Domonique - Executive Associate
    Current Employee - Domonique - Executive Associate

I have been working at TMM Publications full-time

Pros

There is room for growth, I love the magazines that are created by a great team of employees, and love meeting the new publishers during the training sessions.

Cons

We just have an overload of magazines that we need to get rid of, and we're trying to clean house!

"New Management Needed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TMM Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The VP and Editor really know what they are doing. They strive to make the best they can with the resources they have.

Cons

The biggest problem with the company is the CEO. He does not know how to properly run a business. He is very unprofessional. The CEO has no problem solving abilities as it is the VP's job to solve every mishap. When hiring new employees the CEO does not hire base on qualifications or experience but based on who will do the job at the lowest wage possible. Instead of hiring an above average candidate who deserve a decent salary, he will hire two below average candidates who will work for almost minimum wage. He does not value employee opinions,

The pay is ridiculous. I am not sure how people survive on the wages paid at TMM. Raises are a joke as they aren't given on how much value the employee bring to the company or how hard they are working. They are not given at reviews like it's common.

There are no benefits with TMM. There is also no retirement plan. There is no overtime paid.

New employee hires are not properly trained. They are just pushed along with everyone in the company as an orientation. There is no hands on training for them. Inside Sales have it the worst as they are not given proper materials to works with. The product they are supposed to be working on changes every couple of days.

Employee turnover rate is by far the worst I have ever experienced. In my time at TMM there was: 5 different outside sales reps, 7 different inside sales reps, 2 different bookkeepers, 3 different recruiters, 4 different receptionist and 5 different designers.

Advice to Management

The best advice is invest in your employees. Create a good environment for happy employees. Provide better training for new employees.

9. "Sales"

I worked at TMM Publications full-time

Pros

The pay was good decent people. Always something new to gwt into...loved that paet

Cons

Owner is rude..very unprofessional..belittles...not the type pf place where u feel ay home...ever

"I had a great experience working for Target Market Media Publications. I was an employee, i.e. not an independent contra"

I worked at TMM Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working for Target Market Media Publications. I was an employee, i.e. not an independent contractor as some of the below reviews seem to be. I saw great room for growth and my opinion was valued. I was able to see growth while employed there, both in salary and position, and enjoyed everyone I worked with.

Cons

When I worked with the company there was some disorganization, as there is with any start up. This actually gave me a great opportunity to grow my responsibilities, and help to implement new strategies.

Advice to Management

No advice - I thoroughly enjoyed my time at TMM and valued my relationships.