TMP Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "TMP encourages autonomous work which allows for an excellent work/life balance" (in 23 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and great people to work with" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance and no constructive criticism or help from colleagues" (in 11 reviews)

• "Bonuses and promotions only benefit upper management" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great ad agency"

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

good environment, good coworkers, market pay

Cons

after hours work sometimes needed

2. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Account Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting training program. Great work-life balance. Employees are very encouraging, helpful and supportive of each other. Casual work environment with intelligent individuals that are very skilled and knowledgeable. Free parking and comprehensive benefits package including free access to the gym onsite.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to work with departments in other offices.

3. "Good people but no room for growth"

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Nice teammates, good team support, easy work

Cons

No room for growth, petty coworkers & gossip. CEO is never around to show support for what she is doing to grow the company. Bonuses and promotions only benefit upper management.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more to keep quality people

4. "There's a Reason They Have Such Poor Ratings"

Current Employee - Senior Account Director in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Director in Glendale, CA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little oversight and a lot of big brands.

Cons

Next to no professionalism with some of the harshest and most juvenile management coming from the very top. Our clients are constantly being "upsold" with little interest in what's actually right for them and there is no sense of investment in the team trusted with accounts. Positive feedback is nill or negligent and the bottle neck frustration of any effort kills the ability for an individual to accomplish anything of merit for our clients.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at you obscene turn over, poor communication skills and irony of being a Talent Brand Management agency with such poor feedback on your own Talent Brand.

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

I have been working here over a year and there is always more to learn. Leadership is always willing to help explain processes and help guide your career growth. If you are interested in Account Services, TMP gives you good amount of experience in all areas of account service.
    Paid time off is a plus too.

Cons

Pay is much lower than average. This is a good stepping stone to get quality experience in advertising and account services, but it can be difficult to support yourself on this salary. Typically the only way to make a higher salary is to be promoted- even if you take on more work, projects, and time. The position can feel stagnant if there is no room for upward mobility within the team.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

The people are very nice, and I'm still friends with them to this day. I also learned a lot while I was there but it's not a company you can be at for more than 1 year. It is not sustainable.

Cons

The turnover at this company is unlike anything I have ever seen. I’ve watched so many people leave in such a short amount of time. There are no perks, and compensation is very low if you come in as what they call an “entry” level position. When you start, you get told your job is from 9-5pm, and that’s what they pay you for. However, managers will text you after hours asking where you are and why you aren't working. Leaving the office late is normal, not a rarity. Everyone is over worked, and they make the entry level people feel undervalued. They are always understaffed, and with turnover being so high, the accounts suffer.

Advice to Management

Make the necessary changes to retain employees. Hire more people to help not just to backfill a role. Do not text or call your employees after hours unless it really is an emergency. It can wait.

"Ugly Attitudes & High Turnover"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big name clients, interesting software

Cons

The people. It’s a really unprofessional and toxic atmosphere from the top down.

Advice to Management

The boys club days are coming to an end and your detached management style of leading through snyde remarks will take you nowhere.

8. "Horrible Place"

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Unless you're a selected favorite, nothing.

Cons

They pick HEAVY favorites. If you are not one, you are SOL.

Advice to Management

stop with petty nonsense and your turnover rate wouldn't be through the roof

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was at TMP for 9 years and it was a FANSTATIC company to work for! Management was always willing to help further your career within the company. Benefits were PHENOMENAL! Work/Life balance is amazing!

Cons

It's advertising so there are some late nights or early mornings but all in all that is normal in the advertising industry.

"Account Services"

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros: You'll learn how to navigate the waters of a company that values selling new business over maintaining long-term client relationships/managing overall employee satisfaction.

Only other pro--the compensation. It was the only thing that kept me hanging on, as I realized very shortly after I started that the environment was incredibly toxic, and there is absolutely no work-life balance.

Cons

Cons: I would not recommend a position at this company to my worst of enemies. I couldn't have had a more disturbing experience throughout my time here. In the time I was here, I watched many bright, capable employees leave this company due to the simple fact that Human Resources/higher executives continued to turn a blind eye to incredibly blatant AND DISTURBINGLY FREQUENT abuses of power by management.

From verbally assaulting employees that don't "drink their kool aid" to promoting completely undeserving individuals under the "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" mindset... this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the disgusting chess game being played in this company.

Every single person is forced to watch their back because of the toxicity/competitiveness being spread by management. Many people that you may view as your "teammates" in account services will waste no opportunity to throw you under the bus to make themselves look better. Absolutely NO performance review will be given to you while you work here. Your computer activity will be heavily monitored. You will be automatically blacklisted by management/deemed ineligible for a promotion if you don't buddy up to the "right" people in their eyes. I could keep going but I'm certain you get the point by now...

Advice to Management

Absolutely no advice for management. Apparently, they have been given free reign by the senior executives to run the office into the ground. If there isn't a change in leadership soon, you will continue to see employees leave after less than a year, and you'll also continue to see your clients attempt to sue out of their contracts/RFP us for other vendors.