KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews

Updated May 9, 2022

Found 784 of over 792 reviews

3.7
TMX Finance Family of Companies CEO Tracy Young (no image)
Tracy Young

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good if you get a large store that you do not need to fix.(in 98 reviews)
  • "Good benefits .(in 33 reviews)
  • "You get to learn from really great managers and people.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Good salary and the projects always were challenging.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Good bonus, closed Sundays, steady clients(in 15 reviews)
Cons
  • "Upper management does not care at all about their store level employees.(in 53 reviews)
  • "The company works the General Managers a minimum of 48 hrs a week so there is no work/life balance.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Hours were long and schedules varied.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Everything ..... Poor management.(in 30 reviews)
  • "12 hour days, 6 day work weeks if you don't have another manager working at your location, you as the GM are held accountable even if you were not working that particular day, high turnover(in 21 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TMX Finance Family of Companies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great company

Jan 24, 2022 - District Director of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a part of this great company for 10 years. TMX has afforded me opportunities that no one else in any industry has offered. From real performance based pay incentives, to unmatched room for advancement you will never regret a decision to join this organization!

Cons

There are no cons. This company always adapts and overcomes.

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! We appreciate you leaving a review!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company to Work For!!

Dec 7, 2021 - Multimedia Content Producer in Savannah, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company really cares about their employees, great benefits, flexible schedules, passionate and driven co-workers, competitive pay, paid downtown parking, company events

Cons

Lots of multitasking and quick workload turnaround rates

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people

May 9, 2022 - AP Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, decent pay, offers Flex Time

Cons

Turn over- people leave constantly

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

High school

Mar 9, 2022 - Contract Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m try to think of one good reason. I can not.

Cons

There are so many to list Mainly the hours you are expected to work are ridiculous. Calls and texts and emails all night long. No personal time what so ever. The corporate office is a joke. Leadership thinks they are better than everyone else Leadership doesn’t motivate or want you to excel, they just yell and threaten. I felt like I was in high school at the corporate office. There was a lot of drama and gossip. Alot of behind your back talking about people it really got to me. The nepotism is out of control, Now way you can move up or better your career unless you are related to someone one or your sleeping with them There is alot of inter office relationships Even at the executive level. It did not feel like a career it felt like a soap opera I left couldn’t stand it anymore Not a healthy work place at all

2 people found this review helpful

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not a good work/life balance

Apr 10, 2022 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, but that’s about all.

Cons

Lots of strenuous long hours. Most of the time working alone.

2 people found this review helpful

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love my job

Mar 10, 2022 - General Manager in Bedford, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not physically hard. But mentally, yes.

Cons

We work long hours and saturdays

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

No job security

Apr 7, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for the job

Cons

You can be let go for no reason at any time

1 person found this review helpful

Communications & Social Media Specialist

We value your honest feedback. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve and will share your concerns with our management team. Thanks so much for leaving a review.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Some pluses, some minuses

Mar 21, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn about personal loan business

Cons

Pay is below par and benefits are very below par

1 person found this review helpful

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Career and Family

Apr 20, 2021 - District Director of Operations in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for the company 7 years and I have loved every position I’ve held. TMX has provided me an abundance of opportunities and has allowed me to develop and grow. I have encountered many amazing leaders that strived to make me better, that pushed me hard and allowed me to make mistakes and learn. TMX is more than just a company it builds foundation for family, the company strives to ensure you have a work/life balance and is consistently involved in your community. This has been the best job I have ever had I get passionate just talking about the company and the opportunities we possess.

Cons

TMX has provided so much for me and my family to say something negative would reflect something that I don’t believe. I could input something in this cons area, but it would not be true and not be from the heart. What I can say is the only con would have been not joining the company earlier.

4 people found this review helpful

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! We are honored to hear your positive feedback and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Crazy Hours

Feb 2, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Job, solid pay and great training

Cons

The hours are the worst.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 784 Reviews

TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews FAQs

TMX Finance Family of Companies has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 792 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at TMX Finance Family of Companies to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TMX Finance Family of Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TMX Finance Family of Companies. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

63% of TMX Finance Family of Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TMX Finance Family of Companies 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TMX Finance Family of Companies to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with TMX Finance Family of Companies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at TMX Finance Family of Companies? Share Your Experiences

TMX Finance Family of Companies Careers

Cover image for TMX Finance Family of Companies

What We Do We Help People. It’s what our business was built on and it’s what we do every day. We strive to create new and better...More

• Culture
  • Corporate
  • Store Operation
  • Why Join?

Company Updates

Logo

0 days ago

Culture
Operation Care & Comfort: Help us support the military communities where we live and work! Through May 31st, donate necessities like toiletries and nonperishable snacks & drinks to any TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, or InstaLoan® location for our #TMXCares Military Care Package Collection Drive!
Shared image

TMX Finance Family of Companies Photos

+ Add Photo
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: Our Legal team takes dressing down for holidays seriously! During the winter holiday season, we encouraged our Team Members to dress down and donate to our TMX Cares Fund.
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: We're committed to celebrating diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: Our Bankruptcy team remembering others for breast cancer awareness.
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: Working at the TMX Finance® Family of Companies is your opportunity to make an impact on your career, your team, and the lives of our customers.
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: We love to celebrate our Team Members' anniversaries!
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: Teamwork makes the dream work!
TMX Finance Family of Companies photo of: Energetic, dynamic, and just plain fun! We work hard, but we always have a good time doing it.