TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I had wonderful managers, a great work/life balance, the benefits are good, and the pay is great" (in 23 reviews)

• "Laid back work environment, good pay for the amount of work you do" (in 48 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Organization built to last with top talent and Solid Mission"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome opportunities to advance! Work hard and obtain your goals. It's all about driving results and we win! I love that! This is an organization designed to reward! Absolutely expect to work hard and drive performance! Hands Down best place I have ever worked and best people!

Cons

Not an impressive benefit package, not that they really exist in today's environment!

Advice to Management

Maintain current Top Three strategies. Stay grounded for the long haul! We are seeing so many great opportunities due to embracing a solid strategy!

Apr 11, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

2. "Opportunity Awaits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open communication, flexible schedule , work together to achieve personal and professional goals. Always positive and enthusiastic feed back.

Cons

Benefit information and eligibility. Constant changing market.

Advice to Management

Work smart, communicate with your team divide task to ease goals.

Nov 16, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are all about building relationships with our customers and our team members, and developing a family-like atmosphere. We wish you continued success!

3. "DIstrict Director Of Operations (AZ)"

Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great rewarding company to work for, great paying job, Great Team & Leadership at every level and HUGE career opportunities.

Cons

None, been with company 6 plus years and company has always accomplished to improve what’s needed. Be positive and positive things will always happen.

Advice to Management

Great addition to The Team, welcome RVP Nick R. to the Phoenix AZ market! Great to hear your positive approach on continuing to drive Great culture and talent development.

Nov 12, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

4. "My time at TMX was informative, grueling, and ever changing."

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Titlemax will train you to run your own business.

Cons

It does not allow for good work home balance.

Advice to Management

Provide greater stability and support to all levels of your employment force.

Nov 6, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and... More

5. "Average"

Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally a desk job with a lot of time to grow the business.

Cons

The opportunities to bonus within Illinois are limited. Illinois is one of the most regulated states in terms of non-traditional lending in comparison to neighboring TMX states as Wisconsin and Missouri. TMX is not in Indiana or Iowa due to respective state regulations.

Advice to Management

Review the salary structure in Illinois.

Nov 16, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

6. "CSR"

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

Opportunity to advance in company

Cons

Your Schedule is always changing,to accommodate GM

Oct 16, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce... More

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make 120K in Bonus if all KPI's are met or exceed is just about the only benefit of working here. Leave your Heart at the door and it sometimes is best left at home.

Cons

It is a tough business to be in. Completely once side transaction, the only true beneficiary is the company as interest rates would be deemed illegal if not for the legal loopholes utilized. You can provide for your family increase quality of life for them but at the cost of destroying the lives of people in your neighboorhood.

Advice to Management

A 30K base pay is a joke when compared to the workload expected of a General Manager. Working 50 plus hours a week for an $800 dollar post-tax, 401K, and medical contribution is the reason why this place is a revolving door of people. Give people a reason to stay and be loyal and they will.

Oct 22, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! The Company is committed to creating a positive working environment for... More

8. "Great Work Environment - Great Teamwork and Collaboration"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Savannah, GA

Pros

I had wonderful managers, a great work/life balance, the benefits are good, and the pay is great. There's lots of room for growth, and I was always able to find new challenges and projects to keep work exciting and fun. The environment is wonderful. Everyone uses the hashtag "TMXFamily" in their twitter and IG posts, and they mean it! Everyone is so kind, and so willing to help out a co-worker in need. I never had any trouble finding someone to help me with a task or project, or teach me a new skill.

Cons

There's a lot of stigma associated with the industry TMX is in. The truth is, we help people that need our help and are running out of more traditional options to find that help. Seeing the positives in this industry isn't always easy for some people - but there are huge positives to the service we offer!

Aug 30, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The pay is good, the hours are decent if you aren’t salary.

Cons

It’s is a very high school like atmosphere. Upper management has favoritism towards certain stores and people. Rumors are always circulating (NV4, NV12, NV6, NV16) High turn over rate, always a GMIT to replace your position. If you aren’t liked you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism, don’t fire people for not meeting their new loan goals, when the company doesn’t provide the nessercry tools to succeed. How can you fire people for not meeting new loan goals. We can not force people to take title loans.

Oct 3, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! In terms of the specific points you’ve raised, as a... More

"Simply the best"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

-Family like culture and encouraging atmosphere. They are rooting for you and want to see you grow!
    -Pay! Pay is great and most roles have a bonus potential for performance. If you can perform, you can make money.
    -The schedule is better than retail. It may not be a 9-5 but the hours are for customers since we're here to serve them.
    -Always changing and improving, the outlook for this company looks great.

Cons

None, they are always working to improve processes based on employee and customer feedback.

Aug 22, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to... More