TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This would help with work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Upper management needs to be more involved (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great District Managers that actually care about you and want to see you grow within the company. Great opportunity for promotion within six months. Great people

Cons

sometimes the hours and work can be overbearing, but its easy. Easy process to follow, great company to work for

Advice to Management

Great District Managers that help guide the general managers

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you continued success!

2. "Fired up for Titlemax!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We just had a town hall meeting hosted by our dvp James Placek. It was so good. The guy is a genius and a mastermind at inspiring people. I left the meeting so fired up and so did my colleagues. Everybody was talking about the passion he has for each of us and how bad he wants us to do great things. It was refreshing to hear him speak to us like human beings.

Cons

No cons at this time. I do wish we were open later on Saturday because I feel we are missing some business. We should beat our competitors on all levels.

Advice to Management

Give us back hours on Saturday. Keep giving us great leaders like James. I love working for TitleMax. After our town hall I am motivated to grow my store, get noticed and promote in this company. I am now truly am talent obsessed.

3. "Great place to be in 2017"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Bernardino, CA

Pros

I love working at TMX. I have been here for about a year. I was inspired again today after we had a town hall meeting with our vp james placek. He told us a story about the main thing and it just hit home for me. Tmx is the main thing in my life and he helped me see it. This is where I'm supposed to be. What a meeting. He should do ted talks and inspire others because he is great.

Cons

The only con i have is that we are not salary in California. I wish we could be so we could work more hours. This is my home away from home.

Advice to Management

Open more stores in California so we have more opportunity to become a dm.

4. "Awesome Customers"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to help people during crisis. Soft collections practices

Cons

Middle management running amuck and does not communicate corporate initiatives correctly, its a roll of the dice, some Regionals are awesome others not so much.

Advice to Management

Be aware, ask the right questions your vision is not being implemented in the field

Aug 22, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; we will keep them in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience!

5. "Assistant Store Manager"

Current Employee - AssistanStre Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - AssistanStre Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Benefits, PTO right off the bat, Pay is good

Cons

Long Hours, High interest rate

Advice to Management

None

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!

6. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

Pros

The leadership cares for their people. The team brings passion for helping others and driving the best possible performance daily. Great company to learn how to manage every aspect of the business. Training and development, mentor program, and career learning paths are some of the best I've seen. We change lives and make a difference in the communities we are a part of. You are rewarded for your performance and pay is very competitive.

Cons

If you are a proven performer you'll love this company.

Aug 11, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with the Company! We're so glad and wish you the best in your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

"No Direction"

Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA

Pros

The company is getting better with the technology that they are using. It is easier to get people the money they want.

Cons

They sell you a pipe dream about how much money you can make. Collections is very difficult and the way bonuses are set up it is difficult to attain them. The repossession process is absolutely horrible.

Advice to Management

Fix the repossession process and develop some type of repercussion for the customer not paying the money back. Collection expectations are somewhat unrealistic

Aug 7, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive work environment for our team members and an excellent customer experience, so we are disappointed to... More

8. "Unstable Environment"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

The pay was good compared to the industry.

Cons

The owner doesn't know how to delegate effectively and trust the people he hires. There was a lot of cronyism and distrust of specialists. It was the owner's way or the highway regardless of the fact whether he understood how things worked or not.

Advice to Management

Let the specialists do their job, eliminate cronyism.

"Overall a good company to work for. The tools are provided for you to have a successful position."

Current Employee - General Manager in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fenton, MO

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Knowledge in the finance and collections industry. The ability to control your earnings and run your own business. Ability to learn from multiple management styles through working at multiple locations as you move up.

Cons

Long workdays, and demanding schedules leaves little for employees to be able to plan for their holidays. No coaching available to be promoted after GM.

Advice to Management

A plan for GMs to be able to be promoted is a must. There is little incentive to do your best month after month if there is no other steps after the GM role. Also, show your appreciation for your employees more than an email template on a Birthday. Some companies give gift cards after years of service. I've been here 5 years and have received nothing but a paper certificate (which was delivered months after my anniversary). Let your employees know they mean more than a body to open your doors for business

Jul 28, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you are overall enjoying your experience with us!

Regarding training, we have been striving to implement new training... More

"High Competition & Performance Based"

Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Room for career growth and advancement based on your performance.

Extremely competitive base salary, earning potential based on store performance.

Upper management personally invested in individual employee growth.

Cons

A lot of personal investment in "building your own business" is required, could upset work/home life balance for some.

Long hours, typically a minimum 48-hour work week for salaried employees. Often more. 8:30am to 7:30pm shifts are standard.

Despite room for advancement, the majority of the time you must be willing to relocate in order to advance to an upper management level, (District & Regional Management.)

Processes and company directives are consistently changing and can be frustrating.

If your store doesn't perform (i.e. beat your previous year numbers) your job security could be jeopardized.

Advice to Management

Continue giving employees the tools to increase their business thereby increasing their salaries.

Ease back on employee social media presence, especially having them be connected to upper management it comes off as awkward and the employees have their work life suddenly faceted into their personal life.

Bring back salaried store managers.

Jul 18, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to see that overall you are having a good experience with us.

Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they... More