TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This would help with work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Upper management needs to be more involved (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great District Managers that actually care about you and want to see you grow within the company. Great opportunity for promotion within six months. Great people

Cons

sometimes the hours and work can be overbearing, but its easy. Easy process to follow, great company to work for

Advice to Management

Great District Managers that help guide the general managers

TMX Finance Family of Companies Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you continued success!

"Great company if you want to work hard and be rewarded for it!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Savannah, GA

Pros

Managment is flexible enough to allow you think outside the box but rigid enough that you can still get some structured feedback. The best part is the pay structure. Most companies pay you the same no matter how much work you do but here, when you affect the bottom line you can increase your income. Fun, fast paced working environment and the growth is amazing in this economy.

Cons

Direction of you position is constantly changing. This could be a pro or cons I guess. If you get bored doing the same thing its great but if you want to come in to a company where you do the exact same thing day-in day-out, this is not the company for you.

"A great working environment."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great management support, easy programs, fair, pays mileage, availability for growth

Cons

upper management does on the job training which caused our particular district to have different management every few months therefore causing a little confusion as far as direction

Advice to Management

upper management should not be changed so often

"Corporate Office is a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate Hours (8 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday) good for Work-Life Balance
    - Company is expanding rapidly, so plenty of opportunity for upward movement
    - Relatively new company, so you are free to improve processes if there is a better way of doing things
    - Focuses on keeping associates happy (Welcome Breakfasts, Birthday Celebrations, Great Break Room)

Cons

- Rapid growth can make for a bit of disorganization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Fantastic experience working with a caring company."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Savannah, GA

Pros

Upward mobility, pays well, works with you if your moving.

Cons

There are not any cons

Advice to Management

No advice to management

6. "Growth and Opportunity at TMX"

Current Employee - Corporate in Savannah, GA

Pros

The company is growing so quickly that employees are visibly rewarded for their efforts and success. I see promotions every week. Excellent work environment with smart, young professionals. I feel very secure and well supported to succeed in my career by my management team and get to have fun while working, too.

Cons

Overcoming the negative reputation of the company is probably the biggest challenge, however, it's easy to see the good as well. Employee benefits could definitely improve, especially in regards to unpaid maternity leave.

Advice to Management

Store growth and profitability is important, but don't forget about the employees who make it possible! Invest in keeping your workforce happy with more progressive benefits packages, scheduling options, resources, and perks!

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TMX Finance is a stable, growing company. We receive emails very often highlighting new employees who have joined the TMX Finance team and employees who have been promoted. All of the technology is wonderful and a step ahead of most companies. I left the company at one point and came back. The grass was not greener.

Cons

Responsibilities and processes change often, and you just have to roll with it. This is a good thing for me, as I tend to get bored easily. This can be a con for others.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well. Everyone performs better for people they like and respect and will stay with the company longer.

"Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

This is one company where your hard work is rewarded! There are tremendous growth opportunities and the visibility of hard work is apparent through promotions in each department, week after week! The people, executive management, and location in downtown Savannah makes this company a joy to work for!

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard and strive to be better at every aspect of your position in order to work for the greater good of the organization, then this is not the company for you! However, if you like to be compensated with both recognition and handsome rewards such as trips to Italy, Mexico, Spain, etc then this company is definitely for you.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - GMT in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - GMT in Kansas City, MO

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people on both sides of the desk

Cons

Very poor GMT training program, set you up to fail.

Advice to Management

Don't let anyone train that has not been through the ENTIRE STARS Program so they know better how to develop the candidates you assign them

10. "Most thrilling professional experience so far- tons of opportunity for performers!"

Current Employee - Director in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TMX provides a performance-based culture, and promotions based on performance. I personally have been promoted several times since joining the company and have received a lot of support in each new role. This is a growing company that offers a fast-paced environment. There is never a dull moment! The earning potential far exceeds most companies and compensation plans in many areas are based on performance. The better I perform, the better my pay. There is no way I could go back to a flat salary. Lastly, TMX Finance focuses on hiring top talent so I'm surrounded by co-workers who help me become a stronger professional and employee.

Cons

This performance-based culture is only a match for those driven to be successful. If you want to sit back and relax, this company will leave you in its dust due to such rapid expansion. Because the company is growing so rapidly, change is the constant. Anyone resistent to change would have a difficult time here.