TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This would help with work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Upper management needs to be more involved (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great District Managers that actually care about you and want to see you grow within the company. Great opportunity for promotion within six months. Great people

Cons

sometimes the hours and work can be overbearing, but its easy. Easy process to follow, great company to work for

Advice to Management

Great District Managers that help guide the general managers

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you continued success!

2. "Concerned CA employee"

Current Employee - Concerned Employee in Calif City, CA
    Current Employee - Concerned Employee in Calif City, CA

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are closed on Sundays! that is it.

Cons

All of these reviews from employees are correct, it is a predatory company, that preys on people that need financial help and there is no way the customer can win? Ultimately the customer will lose their car due to the high monthly interest. The leadership lacks professionalism and the company is leaving themselves to a huge labor audit due to the way they manage California meal breaks. They do not have sufficient people to conduct timely breaks, so they do corrections on a weekly basis. It's BAD!

Advice to Management

Lead by example and exhibit leadership, empathy and guide the teams, how to succeed in the business! Don't just send e-mails asking where the loans are or to lower the percents on the slow accounts. Teach them how? Be a leader, don't just point out the obvious.

Aug 18, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that as a current employee you are having a negative experience with us, as our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our... More

3. "The most horrible working experience."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO and that's it. Nothing about the company has any pros. Store managers doesn't really have an actual role. General managers are inexperienced and hard to work with.

Cons

All bad from frontline managers, general managers, district managers and even the corporate office. Nobody cares about their employees. And those general managers are out of control.

Advice to Management

Do a better job, reprimand general manager when they're at fault.

Aug 18, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us, since our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

While we... More

4. "helpdesk"

Former Employee - Sale in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sale in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

nothing to review with it

Cons

alot of issues and problems

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

5. "Save Yourself The Misery"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

There are no pros working for this company, In a business that takes advantage of the poor and is opening car lots to sell the repossessed cars from the unfortunate (yes they learned how to skirt the law on this practice), how many pros can there be.

Cons

This is a private company run on fear and antagonism. Expected to perform a job with no support or autonomy to be successful. Leadership is the worst of any corporation I have ever seen. Corporate support groups are absolutely a joke. Facilities support is a joke, unethical and almost non existent when truly needed. HR is the most unprofessional, unethical group I have ever seen. Who ever is responding to all these reviews should be ashamed and embarrassed to even work for this company, more less, defend it.

Bottom line, DO NOT believe the hiring tactics, lies, lies and more lies. The bait and switch kicks in the first day. Save the stress and keep moving past the TMX job openings at any level.

Advice to Management

Success begins with employee engagement!!!

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. As a current employee, we are sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with us, as our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all... More

6. "Assistant Store Manager"

Current Employee - AssistanStre Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - AssistanStre Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Benefits, PTO right off the bat, Pay is good

Cons

Long Hours, High interest rate

Advice to Management

None

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!

7. "Horrible ethics"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid well.... that's about it.

Cons

ZERO MORALS! Will try to recruit you from your solid company with the salary carrot and it's a trap. Most unethical thing I ever did. RUN the other way.

Advice to Management

Do not drink the koolaid! They will get you too!

Aug 16, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

We're so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us since one of our main goals is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members.

We are committed to helping our... More

8. "Not what I thought"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

Interview proces was wonderful. The whole process was very encouraging. Recruiters were excellent and very informative. Training manager was outstanding. Training material needs to be updated.

Cons

Communication is not a strength of this company. They would like to believe that it is, but it is not. Management above the store level is totally oblivious. The company micro manages down to the very insignificant details. EX. there are only 19 creamers for the customer coffee station, there is supposed to be 20. REALLY.
    DDO and RDO of stores have no interest in anything but themselves. It is all about numbers that effect them, not you. They are very self absorbed.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out your rump and become involved and knowledgeabe of what is really going on outside your office. We all want to walk around with attitude, unfortunately some of us actually have to work. Wake up. Competition is out there. Teach your DDO's and RDO's have to use the WIFF and the STARS program with their people. Upper management knows nothing about the people they employ and nor do they care.

Aug 11, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us, especially since we are dedicated to providing a positive, engaging work environment... More

9. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership cares for their people. The team brings passion for helping others and driving the best possible performance daily. Great company to learn how to manage every aspect of the business. Training and development, mentor program, and career learning paths are some of the best I've seen. We change lives and make a difference in the communities we are a part of. You are rewarded for your performance and pay is very competitive.

Cons

If you are a proven performer you'll love this company.

Aug 11, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with the Company! We're so glad and wish you the best in your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

"No Direction"

Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA

Pros

The company is getting better with the technology that they are using. It is easier to get people the money they want.

Cons

They sell you a pipe dream about how much money you can make. Collections is very difficult and the way bonuses are set up it is difficult to attain them. The repossession process is absolutely horrible.

Advice to Management

Fix the repossession process and develop some type of repercussion for the customer not paying the money back. Collection expectations are somewhat unrealistic

Aug 7, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive work environment for our team members and an excellent customer experience, so we are disappointed to... More