TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance as the organization expects you to give 100% effort even though they will not do the same for you (in 40 reviews)

• The stress level from upper management is toxic (in 43 reviews)

"Disgusting Company"

Former Employee - Corporate Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a corporate employee in mid level management there are no Pros. Underpaid, average to poor benefits.

Cons

Leadership leads by fear and it trickles down through the ranks. Fired with lies for reasoning. If you are not kissing the right tail or dare to offer suggestions you WILL be terminated. The owner plants people throughout the company to spy on employees, this is fact not some conspiracy theory. HR is a joke, absolutely no support from them when you need them the most. Recruiting hires only females that deliver an awesome bait and switch tactic to hire good people. Once in, you realize the mistake you made.

Unethical, immoral, cut throat, life draining company, DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD YOU ARE TOLD while interviewing, you will be sorry at best.

Remember, If you work here your name and brand will be associated with the company!!!!

Advice to Management

Karma will be knocking on your door all too soon, enjoy it wile you got it!!!!

Apr 5, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened and disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with us. We ... More

2. "Lots of changes lots of surviving on your own and if you can't make #s your out."

Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Calm environment if you have good workers in your office.

Cons

No outside life, your schedules are long and your pay is poor.

Advice to Management

Better make sure your "location" does well because location does matter.

Mar 8, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "Great leaders"

Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that allows you to use your talent and shine and make as much money as you can.

Cons

Only way to get promoted is tone pack your family up and move out of state, No Bueno!

Advice to Management

Don't let technology substitute humand intelligence, I get it who wants to own a business and not make money right! Just keep in mind that you have the ability to help millions of people every day, and that's why the company was founded in the first place.

Mar 8, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

5. "Great place for technologists!!"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large computer screens, ultra thin fast Asus, IntelliJ, Free Sodas, working with Smart Kids!!

Cons

Could more PTO. A Foosball table would help. Two large monitors insteas just one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Feb 24, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

It sounds like you are having a good experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a Company review!

"Java Software Engineer 2"

Former Employee - Java Software Engineer II in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Java Software Engineer II in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people who work in IT. Great place to learn and contribute with a really good a supportive environment. It gets demanding as you will have a release every week but that again its excellent for learning. Managers push you to achieve more with lots of responsibility.

Cons

Horrible CEO with constantly changing requirements and deep distrust of the entire IT department. Do not expect any sort of Job security. You can be fired any day and any time regardless of performance. Just recently they layed off 90% of the IT department and then some. Avoid this company if you are looking to make any sort of financial obligations as they will leave you in a soup.

Advice to Management

Stand up for the IT folk. Compliance in the CEO's ear spreading false hood is never good

Mar 10, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. Sometimes, as a Company, we are required to make changes that ... More

"IT Department"

Former Employee - IT Department in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - IT Department in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First and second level leaders within IT was a pleasure to work with as were the majority of the individual contributors.

Cons

Executive Leadership does not understand, respect, or value anyone in IT. They can offer people all the money they can, but it will not help the moral when no one wants to work for the owner or the company.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to run your $1 billion dollar business like it's a $1 million dollar business or it will be a miracle if you can even keep anyone working for you and your company.

Mar 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

"It can be very stressful at times, long hours."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Augusta, GA

Pros

Potential bonuses if you reach your monthly goals. When you have a great team it's possible to meet goals. You'll have every other weekend off.

Cons

Long hours, no matter what you do seems like it's never good enough for the higher ups. If you're not performing well they will definitely get rid of you.

Feb 14, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

"Iffy"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Beaufort County Landing, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Beaufort County Landing, SC

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hourly pay, full time, small supplemental bonuses

Cons

RDO amd DDO and up are crooks

Advice to Management

Get some integrity

Feb 21, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened to hear you had a negative experience with us. We take compliance ... More

"It was a job not a place you would want to stay for long if you are a family person. It consumes your life"

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You sometimes work with people that become friends because you are with them literally all day you become family. You can bonus if your in an amazing location and profitable store.

Cons

The hours 8:30 to 7:30 sometimes no lunch. Very performance base high turnover

Advice to Management

Show employees appreciation

Jan 30, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

"Impact from external competition for every emplyee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Senior Project Manager for investment banks projects

Cons

External competition passed the presure to every employee with impact

Advice to Management

Keep team stable so that the employee will not focusing in keep their position everyday.

Jan 18, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!