TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice Place"

Former Employee - Management in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Management in Savannah, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upward mobility definitely is a plus

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 20, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Sounds like you enjoyed your time with us! We're so glad to hear this, and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor. We wish you all the best!

"Manager"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent but not enough to deal with all the corporate bs and politics

Cons

Talk about a company that gives no recognition. The EVP is only looking out for his personal interests. There's no loyalty to successful veteran employees. It's all about who they know and bring in vs promoting within. Good luck if your a minority.

Advice to Management

Stay away from this company. I give it a few years before they sell the business or close down.

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you are not currently enjoying your experience with us. If you have more specific feedback, we encourage all our team members to reach out via the... More

3. "Poor work/Family Balnace"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Alabaster, AL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Alabaster, AL

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is good and the job is hard. Easy process and enjoy working with customers. I enjoy the people that I work with which is good because I see them more than my kids.

Cons

No amount of money will return the time you lose with family.Normal hours are hard to juggle with a family and during the Holiday Season they decided to take away more time. Not we are here 2 extra hours on Saturday and opened till 8 on Monday and Friday. When you already have complaints about work/family balance you do not add more hours to your employees work schedules. We have children that we would like to see and spend time with! Absolutely unacceptable to change the schedule for greed. I think they will lose a lot of employees over this choice.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of your employees over your wallet

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with us as our goal is to provide all our team members with a positive and engaging work environment.

Our... More

4. "Assistant Store Manager"

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and pleasant coworkers

Cons

Everyone is paid the same low rate without raises.

Nov 16, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a 100% positive experience with us, especially since our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team... More

5. "Informative and supportive"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

I haven't even started and I've had access to managers and acquisition talent managers for support

Cons

None that I can speak of so far

Oct 11, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

We're so glad to hear you're having a good experience with us so far! We can't wait to see what you accomplish and wish you success in your career with us!

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

Career growth and development, performance based

Cons

long hours but the pay compensates that

Advice to Management

Awesome upper management team

Oct 9, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

It sounds like you're enjoying your career with us! Thank you so much for your review, we wish you continued success!

7. "Tmx"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, the customer base is great,

Cons

The hours are long, insurance to high, they should do more advertising on tv and radio, stop firing people and train them more

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Help them understand the business side of things.

Oct 4, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and review.

Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business... More

8. "Oh TitleMax"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, with the cost of selling your soul to do so. Two years ago I would’ve been a lifer, thanks for the lessons

Cons

This company used to be fantastic to work for. Lots of room for growth. Really geared towards the “customer experience”. As of now I’m really not sure they know if they’re coming or going. Something is changing and new everyday, emails go out then conference calls come telling you to disregard the previous email and then an email follows telling you to do the same of the call. Upper management past Regional have no clue and are more worried about a small stain on a ceiling tile then the way we treat or clients and staff. You cannot run people based on fear and it’s a sad way to try to. Hopefully you’ll find your way back to what’s important, the people we help.

Advice to Management

Worry less about ceiling tiles being stained and more about creating a better training program

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience while you were with the Company, as our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment that... More

"Training Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and the projects always were challenging.

Cons

Negative work environment from the top down. It was a churn and burn; hire and fire environment. I worked there a year but every day felt like a gamble, and every week had turnover. The CEO threw temper tantrums.

Oct 11, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

We know that our competitive culture may not be for everyone, and that's okay! Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work... More

10. "Depends on your boss/department"

Current Employee - Learning Experience Designer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Learning Experience Designer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is higher than average. Coworkers are nice, down to earth people. I personally enjoy the work I do but it depends on your job description.

Cons

Very performance based. Upper management can be very harsh and emotional, even bullies at times. If you don't constantly show your worth, you will be let go. Upper management often makes decisions based on who they like versus who is the best for the job.

Advice to Management

A little more communication with lower level employees. Listen more to the goals and needs of the department, because we want to do the best we can, and sometimes that requires the cooperation of upper management.

Oct 3, 2017 – Talent Strategist, Special Initiatives

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Regarding your comment on communication, we are currently working on initiatives to streamline and deliver more accurate and timely messages and to... More