TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance as the organization expects you to give 100% effort even though they will not do the same for you (in 40 reviews)

• The stress level from upper management is toxic (in 43 reviews)

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a GM, you can earn up to 140k. That is great pay. Upon experience and proven success, there is room to move up in the company. They also provide great benefits and 401k.

Cons

Company protocols are not uniformed, and the company doesn't provide job security. GM average turnaround time is 1 year 1/2. Office personnel is also moved around in the district uncontrollably. Makes it hard to keep an established team.

Advice to Management

Provide higher job security, make staff feel appreciated. Establish a more firm company protocol in order to allow GM to provide more focus on performance.

Dec 16, 2016 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

"RUN,RUN,Only accpet if you need to make a quick dollar"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building (Downtown), close to restaurants, off on the weekends

Cons

Do not make this a career. They have fired the most tenured and loyal employees just because a Manager didn't like them. (What a joke)! Every time I see TMX's commercial I get sick to my stomach and quickly change the channel. I accepted a position against my better judgment and comments received from natives of Savannah. The Corporate Culture or should I say "CULPRIT" CULTURE is BROKERN, FULL OF RACISIM, NEPOTISM and EXTREME HIGH TUNOVER. RUN!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Embrace Diversity and STOP Intimidating employees. We are not in a dictatorship. The employment at will goes both ways.

Jan 16, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to creating a positive working environment for our team members and are disheartened to hear you had a negative experience while you were with the ... More

"Terrible Company - How can they still have a score over a 1?"

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great people you will work with. Wonderful people in fact and the pay for a corporate or IT job is usually pretty alluring. Don't be fooled.

Cons

The people running this company are not nice people. It's not just business. They are happy and eager to take advantage of both their customers desperate circumstances and their employees. This man wants money whether he takes from poverty stricken customers who need to pay rent or buy groceries or from overworked employees who can't make numbers because he won't pay for reliable network circuits or dependable applications. If a store misses their numbers because of an outage, oh well, TY won't have to pay a bonus so he's still profiting.

Corp jobs seekers? Say hello to 60-70 hour weeks. You'll work like a dog and the top brass will just demand more.

It's about money. His money. Remember that. They don't share and you won't benefit.

Advice to Management

Ha! TY & his minions don't take advise.

Jan 12, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We value your feedback! We are committed to helping our communities by providing access to credit for consumers who are not able to use traditional lenders, and to create a positive working ... More

5. "Run"

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Pay and fast advancement opportunities

Cons

Long Hours, huge turnover rate, inconsistent management

Advice to Management

If you have a family and want that balance then keep looking

Jan 10, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

6. "General Manger"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall compensation was decent in comparison to comparable manager positions offered in Las Vegas. The time off was a huge incentive since this retail business was not open on Sundays', most holidays, and store hours were basically bankers hours.

Cons

Company growth in the Las Vegas area was too aggressive for the market. The market expansion happened in a very short period of time and many stores were in too close proximity to each other and impeded on the growth of those stores. Many new stores struggled if they were in close proximity to an established store.

Advice to Management

Give your General Managers a real chance to build the business and find a more equitable way for stores that are in close proximity to established stores to make their numbers. Should not have a store within a specified and defined radius in order to ensure each store is successful.

Dec 16, 2016 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

7. "5 years"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austell, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies (More than 5 years)

Pros

Room for growth. I started as a CSR and made it to a Store Manager. Good pay if you are in a good profitable store. PTO is pretty decent, builds as you work each pay period.

Cons

A lot of back stabbing. Lost my job because someone did not like me any more. I have never been fired. I worked hard and have my all to that job. If you decline to be a General Manager you may never get promoted again. Work life balance is a joke. No holiday pay unless you are a GM and benefits were expensive.

Advice to Management

Do not let people come into a business in upper management and make changes because they don't like people. Give credit to people who work hard and is dedicated.

Dec 5, 2016 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks for your feedback. At TitleMax, we are committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed and disheartened to hear that you had a negative experience ... More

"Loved the job, hated cooprate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, IL

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you meet are wonderful, your customers and you really build a bond.

Cons

Cooperate is very unreasonable and confusing. Worked there for 2 years and every week at least a half dozen rules or dos and donts got changed, half the time you were told, the other half better not get caught or they fire you. I watched excellent managers be fired over nothing and their jobs given to morons. As a csr I was only required to do basic work but I was running the entire store on little knowledge and under pressure to not screw up, I had to train my own managers and when they learned their job they reported me as out for a power struggle and I got fired.... For going above and beyond my job description! They tell you they want to train you and build you up but when a person in the position you are aiming for gets annoyed with you your gone. I've watched this happen to over a dozen people some who had been there for years until they did it to me. Don't work here. Save yourself the stress please. Trust me.

Advice to Management

Please learn to respect your employees like you tell them to respect their customers. Stop being double standard.

Jan 10, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and ... More

9. "Tmx Finance Family of Companies"

Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Tmx Finance for over 4 years. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

I cant think of any at this time

Advice to Management

I love the fact that upper Management takes the time to coach you to advice into a higher role

Nov 28, 2016 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to ... More

10. "Okay but..."

Former Employee - Csr1 in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Kansas City, MO

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Friendly environment, Loved my General Manager.

Cons

The CSR does not get medical insurance

Advice to Management

This advice is toward corporate and please doe not give me the cookie cutter response
    Since your CSRs had to do field visits and put themselves on the line. The company should provide health insurance. The CSR can't get reasonable care if they got into a car accident or get assaulted by delinquent customer that you have the CSR to go to do a field visit on.

Nov 28, 2016 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

TitleMax takes compliance with its policies and procedures very seriously. The Company has policies and procedures in place including an employee hotline for reporting concerns designed to promote a ... More

"Arizona Leaders fear tactics"

Former Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sundays closed, pay is good, great coworkers, benefits are ok but expensive, that's about because of the Arizona's horrible leadership.

Cons

Fear based management that starts from the top down. The senior management is always putting out fires and that's how they think business should be run. The leadership also expects all dm's to be puppets. This is very evident in Arizona. The leadership wants you to do unethical behavior but under your name so they don't get caught. If it goes the wrong way you are fired. Dallas management is right there with them, and they try to pretend that they care. Don't fall for it. The worst mistake ever made was to join this company. You are horrible and treat people like dogs. How do sleep at night?

Advice to Management

You can't sell this business as ever trying to help people this is predatory lending and your greed screws people period.. try being honest with your customers and employees. Tell it like it is you pay a lot of money therefore you sell your soul.