TNG Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Larry Gaynor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at TNG Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday! The DC team is an awesome group of people to work with daily.

Cons

Can't think of any!

"Not a dream job Don't get stuck in a nightmare"

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are talented and supportive of each other.

Cons

- You do get a bonus twice a year (if you do many extra things outside of work), and prizes throughout like gift cards and movie tickets, but the truth is that does not make up for the extremely low salary employees get paid, and while movies may be fun, tickets don't help pay the bills or support your family.
    - You may grow in your skills, talent, and responsibilities, but you won't get paid for them.
    - There are reviews every year, but even if they are great you will not get a raise. Even if they are great for 5 years.
    -The sad thing is people are so dedicated that they don't realize the other opportunities they are missing out on at other places where they will be recognized and rewarded for their hard work.
    - CEO can be a jerk and call you names and then 2 seconds later talk to you like he is your best friend. He also makes inappropriate comments, but people are to scared of him to do anything so they deal with it.
    - PTO and vacation is terrible
    - Only reason it is continuously voted top places to work is becasue the questions asked are made to be answered YES like "Are you rewarded for doing a great job? (movie tickets). If the questions were "Are you paid accordingly? Are you treated with respect? Do you feel like you are in a prison?" The results would be different.

Advice to Management

Management is in the same boat as lower-end employees. They are not treated with respect and do what they do becasue they have no choice.

3. "Customer Service Sales Rep"

I have been working at TNG Worldwide full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Awesome perks! Have been here for almost 9 years.

Cons

Not great pay, have been here for almost 9 years, work the 8-4:30 shift, and now am required to work 10:30-7 shift every so often, and I am not a fan.

4. "packer"

Former Employee - Packer in New Hudson, MI
    Former Employee - Packer in New Hudson, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time

Pros

free beauty products if you like. Deanna the team leader was the best part, she did a great job.

Cons

terrible management, have to write book reports, they treat temps like crap, hours are terrible, would be a good first job for a high schooler who talks alot and doesn't work. underpayed

Advice to Management

you shouldn't have to write a book report. you shouldn't get mad if people don't donate money OUT OF THEIR PAYCHECKS for charity every week. we go to work for a reason, to get paid, and I'd rather donate to a charity on my own time for something I believe in. It's not Highschool.

5. "Don't donit"

Current Employee - Packer in New Hudson, MI
    Current Employee - Packer in New Hudson, MI

Pros

Friendly co-workers, some rewards, Larry gaynor is great

Cons

Terrible management, favoritism, crappy hours, crappy pay

6. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frankenmuth, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frankenmuth, MI

I have been working at TNG Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment, flexible hours

Cons

Mandatory community service and continuing education to bonus

"Logistics Specialist"

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Wixom, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, especially management. They really care about employees and keeping morale high. Lots of little perks like barbecues, prizes and fun things.

Cons

Pay is low although slightly higher to start than comparative companies. Work itself gets pretty monotonous quickly. Very hot in the summer.

"Great people, questionable culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good hours, no weekends except for occasional meetings, end of year bonuses and goodies. A lot of great people- but a handful of bad apples in management make it unbearable.

Cons

If you want to qualify for a bonus or pay increase you MUST participate in community events and learning for life- even though it has nothing to do with your performance. Sometimes even if you do participate in everything- your "Rebel Rating" will be lowered for no good reason by HR. When people leave the company- usually their jobs are eliminated and the work gets piled on to another hourly employee with little to no pay increase.

"Some great people, CEO is inappropriate"

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made some great friends there and management was generous with gifts during the holidays. Got lots of cool free stuff and the store discount was nice.

Cons

CEO was constantly making inappropriate comments about women. He seemed not to realize that in a professional environment, it's unacceptable to ask women why they've gained weight, insinuate they would be a "fat" pregnant woman, insist they wear more mascara or inquire as to why they haven't been going to the gym. Although I liked my job, there was poor work-life balance and forced extra-curricular activities determined bonuses and recognition. I often felt like I was in a cult with a highly tense atmosphere. If you didn't act like you loved everything management said or did all the time, you were painted as negative or a complainer.

Advice to Management

Make some real changes at the highest levels of the company. Objectifying women in the workplace and then hiding behind the fact that it's a professional beauty supplier is still harassment. Do away with the mandatory outside of work activities and forced attendance at Saturday quarterly meetings and nonprofit events. People can feel connected to their job and colleagues without being intimidated into doing so.

10. "Skip this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a really nice person there that I'm still friends with to this day.

Cons

Constant change, redirection, poor managment