KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The only people who were cut from our summer training were either totally unprofessional or clearly had no idea what they were doing in the classroom after 6 weeks of training.(in 7 reviews)
  • "TNTP emphasizes classroom management a great deal, which enables its teachers to nip behavior issues as they arise and ensure that students are on task and on track (this seems minor, but when I compare my classroom to those of TFA teachers, the difference is noticeable).(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I would recommend teachNOLA to ANYONE ready to dive all in to serving students in the classroom!

Sep 25, 2020 - Performance Development Coach in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TeachNOLA is a tightknit program with great hands on support and a targeted curriculum to prepare Fellows for communicating content as well as building strong relationships and learning partnerships with students. Fellows are taught transferable skills that can be used in any teaching capacity as well as specific instruction in the area in which they will be certified. They have direct access to some of the best teachers in the city and learn from them day in and day out, while receiving intentional feedback to further their personal development. Most importantly, Fellows are taught to be culturally responsive teachers because at teachNOLA we know no significant learning can be done without a relationship between the student and teachers.

Cons

This program is intentionally designed to be intense so that Fellows will be prepared for the everyday rigor of teaching students in the classroom. Fellows will have a full day of teaching summer school and being developed and still be expected to finish assignments in the evenings. This truly mirrors what will be expected of them as full time teachers.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Difficult, Please Read

Sep 18, 2021 - Resident Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will meet some impassioned educators and people at BCTR. I won't drop names, but over the PST in Summer 2021, I met some very lovely and helpful people. This goes for the managers, the coaches, and your fellow peers as well. BCTR will support you the best they can. They want you to succeed and grow as an educator. Teaching in Baltimore isn't easy (more on that in Cons) but they want you to do your best. Teaching in Baltimore is an act of great service and selflessness. If you survive and thrive here, may you receive great praise from your family and friends.

Cons

Teaching in Baltimore is extremely, certainly difficult. 6 weeks of training is not enough (BCTR knows this and acknowledges it). You will be expected to give your life to teaching here - this looks like overtime everyday, early mornings, late nights, and managing classrooms all by yourself. Plenty of schools in Baltimore have supportive staff, but no matter what, you will have a lot of work on your shoulders. PST is intensive, and will push you to your limits. That is not a bad thing, but prepare to have no free time for some of June, and all of July.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

CTF

Sep 8, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place for college students looking to be teachers

Cons

only part time, have to be enrolled in college to attend

4. 2.0

No support past the 5 week program

Feb 18, 2021 - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good information may be provided during training.

Cons

No support past the training

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This program is garbage.

Nov 17, 2020 - Cohort Member in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is the people I met in the program.

Cons

The program is extremely unorganized and very time-consuming on material that is irrelevant and will not help you in the classroom, which results in lots of valuable time wasted. They just want your money.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run fast!

Aug 30, 2020 - Resident in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

You meet some amazing people who have a passion to teach.

Cons

They are completely bias to any Baltimore native. Even if you have zero teaching skills. The coaches are liars, unprofessional and show favoritism. Its an expensive program that you really dont need because its not hard to be a teacher in Baltimore. They also lie to you about job placement.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Dishonest and Unorganized Company

Aug 8, 2020 - Pt Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teams have a strong bond and understand employees generally aren't given what is needed from those who manage teams.

Cons

Managers are unorganized, non-responsive, and ask employees to complete unethical tasks just so each team can attempt to reach the unrealistic goals that are developed by the company.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teaching with teachNOLA

Mar 4, 2020 - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good development and additional support for Black teachers

Cons

Intense summer training and hard work

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved my experience at TNTP, would not be where I am without it!

Feb 19, 2020 - Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

The summer I spent with Roots LA under TNTP was hands down one of the best experiences of my life! It was certainly a tough 6 weeks in that I had to work very hard and learn a lot of material in a short period of time, but it was worth it in the end. The amount of knowledge and confidence I am taking away from this program is amazing, and I truly feel like the field experience I got reinforced my passion for teaching. We were matched with a mentor teacher during the program who was a master teacher in whatever subject we were teaching, and got to co-teach for four weeks in an actual summer school classroom. During our field experience, we got constant feedback from our mentor teachers on how to improve, how to lesson plan efficiently, and how to overall be the best teacher we can be. The last two weeks of the program included visits from charter schools, who watched us as we taught, and then invited the ones they saw potential in to interview for teaching positions at their schools after graduation. Overall, this summer was one of the best well spent for me, and I would not be where I am without it!

Cons

This is a program that requires a lot of commitment during it's 6-week duration, and a lot of time will be spent receiving constructive feedback and working to improve.

10. 5.0

Great Experience, a Lot of Work

Feb 19, 2020 - Teaching Fellow in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Establish Connection Great Career Opportunities Superb Skill/Resume Builder Connections to Students

Cons

Large Time Commitment High Workload A Lot to Learn in a Short Period

Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews
</>Embed

TNTP Teaching Fellows Reviews FAQs

TNTP Teaching Fellows has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 89 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at TNTP Teaching Fellows to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TNTP Teaching Fellows employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TNTP Teaching Fellows. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

54% of TNTP Teaching Fellows employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TNTP Teaching Fellows 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TNTP Teaching Fellows to be compensation, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits, career development.

Popular Careers with TNTP Teaching Fellows Job Seekers