Cover image for TNTP Teaching Fellows

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

216.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TNTP Teaching Fellows~790984
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about TNTP Teaching Fellows? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TNTP Teaching Fellows employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I would recommend teachNOLA to ANYONE ready to dive all in to serving students in the classroom!

Sep 25, 2020 - Performance Development Coach in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TeachNOLA is a tightknit program with great hands on support and a targeted curriculum to prepare Fellows for communicating content as well as building strong relationships and learning partnerships with students. Fellows are taught transferable skills that can be used in any teaching capacity as well as specific instruction in the area in which they will be certified. They have direct access to some of the best teachers in the city and learn from them day in and day out, while receiving intentional feedback to further their personal development. Most importantly, Fellows are taught to be culturally responsive teachers because at teachNOLA we know no significant learning can be done without a relationship between the student and teachers.

Cons

This program is intentionally designed to be intense so that Fellows will be prepared for the everyday rigor of teaching students in the classroom. Fellows will have a full day of teaching summer school and being developed and still be expected to finish assignments in the evenings. This truly mirrors what will be expected of them as full time teachers.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not what I thought it would be

Nov 21, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Benefits are great ! Pay is okay

Cons

No work life balance , you get time offf but still have a ton of work to do . Not great support either because your project managers are usually busy themeselves

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Difficult, Please Read

Sep 18, 2021 - Resident Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will meet some impassioned educators and people at BCTR. I won't drop names, but over the PST in Summer 2021, I met some very lovely and helpful people. This goes for the managers, the coaches, and your fellow peers as well. BCTR will support you the best they can. They want you to succeed and grow as an educator. Teaching in Baltimore isn't easy (more on that in Cons) but they want you to do your best. Teaching in Baltimore is an act of great service and selflessness. If you survive and thrive here, may you receive great praise from your family and friends.

Cons

Teaching in Baltimore is extremely, certainly difficult. 6 weeks of training is not enough (BCTR knows this and acknowledges it). You will be expected to give your life to teaching here - this looks like overtime everyday, early mornings, late nights, and managing classrooms all by yourself. Plenty of schools in Baltimore have supportive staff, but no matter what, you will have a lot of work on your shoulders. PST is intensive, and will push you to your limits. That is not a bad thing, but prepare to have no free time for some of June, and all of July.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

CTF

Sep 8, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place for college students looking to be teachers

Cons

only part time, have to be enrolled in college to attend

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Seriously, Go a Different Route

Mar 26, 2021 - Fellow in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll probably get a job.

Cons

This program promised support during the first year of teaching. Instead, the entire year is full of deadlines and intimidation tactics. Your position in the program is threatened constantly while your "coaches" ignore you and provide no support. The director and hiring manager completely blow off feedback from Fellows letting them know that something is terribly wrong with the way things are being run. Around 50% of my Fellow class quit. They told someone that they'd like more people to step forward with concerns and then risked his job by setting a meeting against his will with his principal. My stress levels are on high, and it has nothing to do with the stress of my school. The stress from this program has had me near a mental breakdown for months. This is not support.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ehh

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Prepared me well for the classroom

Cons

There were so many things that happened that threw me off of what I was there for. I ended up dropping because they were rude

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

TNTP Teaching Fellows is a demanding and highly effective alternative teacher certification program.

Jun 28, 2014 - Classroom Teacher in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I entered this program with some prior teaching experience, but having never received any formal training and in need of a teaching certificate to move forward in my career. TNTP academy provided extremely practical, hands-on training that prepared me for success in my kindergarten classroom. The coaching and mentoring was excellent. I was given clear and specific advice and feedback and I was consistently challenged to do my best. I really enjoyed that, through my weekly classes, I became part of a network of peers. I learned so much just from talking with other teachers. I also enjoyed the emphasis on practice and self-reflection. Teachers are extremely busy and can easily become isolated, forgetting to take time out to examine what they are doing well and what they need to do differently. TNTP Academy provided the structure and support I needed to make sure that I was pushing myself, which ultimately benefited my students. I am very happy with my choice to enroll in TNTP Academy. I love my school and I love teaching kindergarten. I am really excited about this new stage of my career and I owe my success in large part to the training and support that I received through TNTP Academy.

Cons

This is a highly demanding program that requires a serious commitment. There is an expectation that teachers devote a significant amount of time to their planning, to their coursework, and to making their classroom highly effective in the first year. If you are able to embrace feedback and get comfortable with constructive criticism, then this is the program for you!

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

No support past the 5 week program

Feb 18, 2021 - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good information may be provided during training.

Cons

No support past the training

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run fast!

Aug 30, 2020 - Resident in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

You meet some amazing people who have a passion to teach.

Cons

They are completely bias to any Baltimore native. Even if you have zero teaching skills. The coaches are liars, unprofessional and show favoritism. Its an expensive program that you really dont need because its not hard to be a teacher in Baltimore. They also lie to you about job placement.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

This program is garbage.

Nov 17, 2020 - Cohort Member in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is the people I met in the program.

Cons

The program is extremely unorganized and very time-consuming on material that is irrelevant and will not help you in the classroom, which results in lots of valuable time wasted. They just want your money.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews

TNTP Teaching Fellows Reviews FAQs

TNTP Teaching Fellows has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 102 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at TNTP Teaching Fellows to a friend and 25% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TNTP Teaching Fellows employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TNTP Teaching Fellows. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

39% of TNTP Teaching Fellows employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TNTP Teaching Fellows 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TNTP Teaching Fellows to be compensation, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits, career development.

Popular Careers with TNTP Teaching Fellows Job Seekers