KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TNTP

Engaged Employer

TNTP

Add a Review

TNTP Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 1, 2020

Found 7 of over 115 reviews

3.6
TNTP CEO Dan Weisberg
Dan Weisberg
Pros
  • "Most work from home but the work is quite organized with weekly meetings(in 11 reviews)

• "Smart hard working committed people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is a challenge(in 27 reviews)

• "Work/life balance, contract-based, long hours - there were definitely more pros than cons with this organization(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Review Title

Nov 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart colleagues, engaging work, great benefits, bonuses, amazing conferences - what more could you want?

Cons

Work/life balance, contract-based, long hours - there were definitely more pros than cons with this organization.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great place to work

Nov 1, 2020 - Senior Effectiveness Coach in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and systems; they invest in and develop their staff

Cons

Long hours, some nights and weekends, depending on your role

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0

Long Hours but Great People that are Mission Motivated

Oct 19, 2020 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart hard working committed people

Cons

Long hours they start with a standard 50 hour work week

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Challenging Work, Great People, Good Cause, Long Hours

Jun 17, 2020 - Finance and Accounting in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of ways to add value. Lots of great people in programs. Doing amazing work.

Cons

Management does not value support teams. Insanely long hours. No Work/Life Balance. Does not promote from within.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0

"all or nothing"

Aug 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work, caring staff. We worked crazy hard long hours, but we really believed in what we were doing and it was clear every single employee cared about the work and was passionate - or at least deeply invested - in the mission. No one just clocked in/clocked out; it was not that kind of place.

Cons

long hours w mediocre pay, hierarchical structure, too many meetings, little personal flexibility/individuality. Folks here were a little cult-like in following the organization, and the people "at the top" seemed very pleased with themselves for reaching those ranks - like "you can get here too if you really drink the cool aid." because there was such a focus on mission and the "way," you didn't have any room for your own projects or to interpret the way you wanted to handle things your own way, which got frustarting at times. It was like "if you don't like how the bus is being driven, get off the bus."

9 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people; too much change and hard to feel like you're succeeding

Sep 3, 2014 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, very driven and invested in the organization's mission to help all students get a great education. The leadership is strong and they talk a good game on work-life balance and supporting staff development, but it's not always realized in practice. Many staff work from home, which I really appreciate, but just know that it can be isolating at times and also it's hard to stop working...ever. There are good opportunities for growth for some, but not all employees (even those who do well in their roles) because more senior staff do tend to stick around a long time and there doesn't seem to be a real focus on helping talented people transition to new roles outside their core experience area when there are no growth opportunities within their current departments.

Cons

The organization has always been adaptive, but the pace of change over the past few years has been disorienting and at times demoralizing. Long hours are the norm and expected (they tell you 10+/hour days on hiring, but that can often be low) and it can be difficult to unplug. Given how hard we work and how much we care, it can be frustrating to feel like the organization keeps switching gears to keep up with market developments - it makes you feel like all that hard work has been wasted effort. It also feels like they are pushing into new areas of operation because they see needs and business development opportunities, but the expertise to deliver on those is not necessarily in place. The organization is in a really good place right now, but it's hard to predict how this is going to play out (which is why I rated neutral on organizational outlook and would not recommend the organization to a friend). TNTP has a a feedback-intensive culture, but it can be difficult to feel like you're succeeding because the focus is often on areas for growth. One year, I was incredibly worried about my performance (despite working 70-hour weeks for months at a stretch) because I got so much negative feedback. My annual performance review was mixed, saying that I'd met some but not all of my goals. And then I got a large bonus with a note indicating that I was among the very top employees that year. I almost quit multiple times because I felt like I was working so hard and still not succeeding. Don't get me wrong, the tangible bonus was great, but it would be nice if it was accompanied by encouraging words during the year so that I wasn't riddled with anxiety about my performance when I was apparently seen as doing exceptionally good work.

Continue reading
      16 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Mar 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive colleagues -Challenging (in a good way!) work -Well-developed talent management system -Decent pay -Good benefiits

Cons

Long hours. You have to set clear boundaries and do what you need to do for work-life balance.

3 people found this review helpful