TOLMAR Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, People, and solid job opportunities.

Cons

Maybe in invest more money in the employees that make the place successful.

Advice to Management

Would like to see the company initiate profit sharing and bonuses.

"Mixed bag"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tolmar has good benefits and decent pay for Fort Collins. There are some very nice people in the company.

Cons

HR is inept. They don't know who to hire or promote and seem to think that free coffee mugs and other give aways are a substitute for treating people like they matter. Hour expectations are unreasonable, especially for exempt employees.

Advice to Management

Look more at who gets things done right than whose personalities you like when you are considering who to hire or promote.

3. "Sorority Member or Jock"

Former Employee - QC Analyst I in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - QC Analyst I in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at TOLMAR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and Vacation time. There are few pros. Maybe looking for a new job while you are here is the best you can do.

Cons

Management has blatant favorites and if you are not one of them you are treated like trash. To get any recognition you need to be physically hurt or screw up in your job constantly. I have worked endless hours and the only time I got thanked was by a manager who got removed the next week.
    HR is a nightmare. They say they are there to help and protect the employees but they will punish you for someone else harassing you.
    When you at Tolmar sell your soul and give up on life because there is nothing else for you after that.

Advice to Management

Remove the CEO and place most of upper management. You are worthless at your job.

"Great Benefits, Terrible HR"

Former Employee - Packaging Tech I in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Packaging Tech I in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at TOLMAR full-time

Pros

The benefits are fantastic!
    The employees in general manufacturing are great to work with.

Cons

HR is a nightmare. I had an injury and they treated me like a criminal for following my doctor's orders.

Advice to Management

Get new HR staff that actually care about people

6. "Good Employer"

I worked at TOLMAR full-time

Pros

Everyone wants to succeed at Tolmar. In my experience, not a lot of in-fighting.
    Good attitudes, for the most part, throughout company.

Cons

Some parts are pretty political (Who you know > What you know).

Advice to Management

Reading other reviews, it sounds like there have been issues since 2014. Maybe address some of those complaints.

"Horrible"

Pros

There are very very few pros to this company

Cons

Extremely Cheap, Long term employees look down and do not appreciate the new talent, Talent is limited to this company in all leadership roles, treat employees with little to no respect

"Solid Company"

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time

Pros

Benefits are fantastic and when things operate smoothly it can feel very rewarding.

Cons

Communication between the many departments often breaks down and is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Make work between the three shifts consistent with one another.

"Full of egos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at TOLMAR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small US company. Salary is high.

Cons

More executives than employees. Everyone's ego is so big they are all walking over each other. It's the misfits company, all the executives came from companies that did not want them. As an employee, you are required to wear many hats, which is the reason for the high salary but don't make a mistake, you'll be punished for the remainder of your time there.

"Tolmar is only a job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO

Pros

There are a few good people left but the smart ones are leaving quickly. The 401k match is above average. The week off for Christmas is nice if management doesn't require you to work it. For salaried employees there is no extra pay, no bonus and no comp days.

Cons

All of the cons posted in prior reviews are true i.e... Unrealistic expectations from upper management, employees are treated as if they are disposable, very little promotional opportunities, low pay for pharma, the list goes on and on. Bonus is only paid out to director level and above and all upper management cares about is the payout of their bonus. Corners are cut and falsifying of validation and other documentation occurs to meet unrealistic timelines. Most long term employees are poor performers with bad habits. Instead of addressing these long term poor performers management piles on more work and responsibilities onto the employees who try to make a difference and actually take pride in their work. The engineering group including management is worthless. They will throw anyone under the bus to protect their image and in turn their bonus. If you are unemployed then Tolmar can be a job but that is all it is and will ever be.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees! Reward the top performers and get rid of the dead weight.

"Making Strides"

I have been working at TOLMAR (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management seems to be listening to employee feedback and responding to improve the issues that the rapid growth has brought with it. I see new training programs and new systems coming online and I appreciate the efforts that are being made. I've been in the workplace long enough to know that companies this size can't turn on a dime - it takes time and effort to implement efficiencies. Those who want it all perfect, all the time will not be happy anywhere, is my guess. I see movement in a positive direction, which is more than I've seen from some other employers. I, for one, will continue to support efforts that continue to bring improvements instead of complaining about the things that aren't optimal.

Cons

Dynamics between groups can be less than cooperative, and it seems like it is sometimes a struggle to keep all departments rowing together.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The sky is the limit for us if we can keep everything moving in the right direction.