TOUS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I have full responsibility in the store leading the brand in the Area, covering many States and cities."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TOUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand in expansion. The title covers different roles to manage, such as, human resources, placing orders for future collections, inventories, customer's branding, budgets between others accepts developed.

Cons

Brand needs more advertising and marketing in the USA. The fashion market is very broad and dynamic, and is the way that we have work.

Advice to Management

Get involve in the new technologies and strategies that have being implemented in the top / competitors that we have nowadays and also from some other companies that do't even belong to the same sector

2. "Bad Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexible Hours were great; good for school schedules

Cons

Management was horrible. She needed more experience

Advice to Management

Needs more experience

3. "Worst job To be at but great pay"

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at TOUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount we got half off in the items in the store, you were able to build a relationship with your local and touristy customers. Some really cute collections would come out here and there. Depending who your co workers are you build a good relationship with them. They pay pretty well!

Cons

Working for Tous has been one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had!! The management team is very immature and they show favoritism to there employees. You can complain all you want but nothing every gets done!! If your able to put up with high school drama and petty issues than this is the place for you!! Even though must of us are out of high school already. Some of the upper management team do not know how to speak to other employees.

Advice to Management

When you have multiple employees complain about a certain issue in the store, please attempt to work it out! They are not complaining for fun they are actually serious!!

"AWFUL PLACE TO WORK AT!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at TOUS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing unless you can kiss up to the managers and become a favorite amongst them then it is a good idea to work at Tous!

Cons

Working at Tous was an awful experience not because of the clients but because management and other employees were the most incompetent people I have ever worked with. First of all, it felt like high school with all the favoritism and cliques the manager had created by teaching employees one way and contradicting the next way if you don't know what your doing. There is no real structure amongst TOUS the company with other stores in other states and basically they were operating on their own systems. Another major conflict within the store how competitive certain stores are with retaining their items, I understand if it's somewhat selling but come on at least let the other store's have it because the client is willing to pay for it. Also, ordering items from other stores that we can't sell is completely dumb, and this is where the hostility comes from other managers in other TOUS stores come from. The jewelry is not fine jewelry if it breaks when you try it on after the 5th time. Nobody in the USA will ever know who TOUS is if it's not advertise and hiring people who solely speak only Spanish and not being bilingual Spanish/English will hurt making a sell. Also, managers tend to make fake accounts to reserve items within their store so other store's can't track it and ask for the item. You will be so surprised how much management love to give discounts to their family and friends!

Advice to Management

Word of advice, hire people who are not incompetent and who act like high school children with the bickering and drama they create! As well as, where is the regional manager? I have not seen this regional manager for the USA in over 3 years and goodness gracious I'm sure she is not aware of what truly happens in the store. And close the stores that can't make their monthly goals it's time to cut them loose! To those managers who think you are above others and can't take constructive criticism and won't let you state your opinion, find another job because your time is up!

5. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at TOUS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun company and good employee discount

Cons

Management in U.S. Stores is a mess. No supervision from corporate. No room to grow if you are a sales associate. Even though the merchandise has several price increases throught the year, the salaries stay the same yearly. No evaluations from corporate.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to make regular surprise visits to stores to control the managers.

6. "Excellent job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at TOUS full-time

Pros

Employees discount
    Drama free environment
    Good management
    Get to know important people
    Good customer service
    Time flies
    Excellent training
    Employee points system

Cons

sometimes stock room is too messy because it is small.
    Commission process

Advice to Management

To increase the hourly rate payment
    Not to have to achieve your commission rate to get your bonus
    Get insurance plans for your employees

7. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at TOUS full-time

Pros

None I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone

Cons

Everything from hours to training and management

Advice to Management

You guys need to learn how to run a company & train your employees before expecting anything from them. Find people who speak English here in America and actually have experience & know what they are doing!

8. "HORRIBLE COMPANY"

I worked at TOUS full-time

Pros

50% off if you actually feel inclined to purchasing any of their "jewelry" as an employee.

Cons

Literally everything. Commission structure. No management structure. No marketing. Some stores had NO BATHROOMS FOR EMPLOYEES.

Advice to Management

LEARN HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS IN THE UNITED STATES!! Also don't call your product "Fine Jewelry", it's not anything special, and most of it is highly displeasing to the eye.

9. "Wonderful"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TOUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people, good Spanish brand

Cons

Low structure, a Little bit more trainings on site

10. "Headquarters located in Spain, so they had different points of view in retail."

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at TOUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New to the United States

Cons

New to the United States. Not a lot of traffic.