TP-LINK Reviews | Glassdoor

TP-LINK Chairman and President Jeffrey Chao
Jeffrey Chao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Everyone in power positions are puppets, placed in position from China HQ because of their nationality, not talent" (in 4 reviews)

• "females will not be taken seriously and HQ employees will not listen" (in 4 reviews)

"Great Experience working with the San Jose Team!"

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay 100% medical, dental & vision
    401k matching
    Great staff

Note: there are two TP-link offices. One in Brea (SoCal) and San Jose. My comments apply to the San Jose office. I felt compelled to write a review after I read a couple added in the past few months that do not reflect my experience with this company.

I had an excellent interview experience. Very professional and thorough. I was looking for interesting work, good compensation and a manager who would truly listen and value my input. The manager’s “open to input” attitude came through loud and clear in the interviews and since joining this has been my experience. I am able to bring up opposing viewpoints, have a productive conversation and come to agreement. My viewpoint is valued and accepted. I trust my manager (who is Chinese), my team and co-workers. (Note: I am not Chinese.) I have found a great group of people who enjoy coming to work together, enjoy celebrating success and relaxing with each other, too.

This is a small company with a start up feel. I enjoy the challenge and learning of projects outside of my job description. This is actually something I like and look for. It’s one reason I prefer to work for small companies. I want to roll up my sleeves and dive into a problem outside of my normal role and learn. I enjoy the interactions this brings my way with staff outside of my normal interactions.

In the time I have been here we’ve been exploring new technologies, high velocity processes and I love working with such a tight team. My contributions and impact are seen immediately. I feel very appreciated and I like it here. I think the future is bright!

Cons

More modern office space with more conference rooms.
    Office location within walking distance to restaurants.

Advice to Management

You are on the right path. Continue listening to your employees and keep going!

2. "New Hire"

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful environment. Managers care about you.

Cons

I'm a new hire but I have been having a good experience

Advice to Management

Good onboarding. Great benefits and perks!

"Warehouse slave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few employees who make your time working at TP-Link worth while.

Cons

They have unqualified so called managers in place who all happen to be Chinese there is no direction what so ever. They dont know what anyone actually does, but they will micro manage you. They make you feel like a second class citizen because one you dont speak their language and two you will never meet their standards. Oh the HR people if you can really call them that. This place a fire pit true hell on earth

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees instead of ignoring them.

4. "support staff"

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time

Pros

Great benefits; the management is really trying to grow the business.

Cons

However, the company changes direction quite frequently and doesn't really care about employees when making changes.

"Though people might have their own opinions, I feel the company is running better, especially the operations functions."

Current Employee - Shipping Lead in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Shipping Lead in Fontana, CA

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pay is fair.
    Great benefits! Much better than previous companies.
    Since new Operations Management came on board last year, the work environment has greatly improved.
    Over the 4 years I’ve worked for this company, I feel my hard work has been rewarded here.

Cons

A lot of changes, which can be challenging for some people to adapt.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full medical, dental, vision insurance plus 50% off dependents
    Free lunch Fridays and additional allowance to snack room
    Quarterly team bonding events
    Work/life balance, somewhat flexible scheduling
    Open door policy, supportive managers and HR

Cons

Cultural differences between US employees and China HQ are difficult for some to handle. As long as you communicate there are no issues.

Advice to Management

Comingle departments for some of the team bonding events. Getting to know each other apart from emails and conference rooms helps everyone get along and understand eachother's way of doing things and how to better communicate with them.

"Fake reviews are the 4 and 5 stars- it’s really bad here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at TP-LINK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer Free lunch fridays

Cons

China rules. They bring kids out of college and make them in charge.

They had people from great companies that were told they could do something and was then told China people will manage it.

New marketing leadership is from China and does not understand local language, writing skills and thinks TPlink can “buy” press reviews like they do in China.

Advice to Management

Allow local managment to run the local division- curb the China managment as they are running the brand into the grown.

What works in China does not work in the America’s.

Make sure every one is legal on correct visas- I would not want a ICE raid to happen.

"Don't Leave Your Current Job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at TP-LINK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quarterly team meetings
    Free Lunch Fridays, but the food quality has been dwindling.
    Spending money for snacks.

Cons

Cultural difference between US and China HQ employees. Turnover rate is high due to mistakes with management. Wished I heard about the reviews before I applied.

Advice to Management

No advice. It's either my way or the highway from my manager.

"Dont recommend at all"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at TP-LINK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

can't think of any

Cons

1. No management , people comes from china control everything. Random people come and tell you how to do you work .
    2. No schedule. HQ employee listens to their manager about everything, like primary school teachers and students.
    3.No fair salary, and they hide everything.
    4. If you are not chinese , you dont get a change to speak to the managers because they ignore you. Part of the reason is that their english is poor.
    5.compensation lower than other places.

"Prepare to be underappreciated and overworked"

I have been working at TP-LINK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They cover medical, dental, and vision.

Cons

This is strictly for the San Jose office.

You may think you're applying for one role but you'll end up doing the role of 5 people. They don't compensate well and if you bring it up it's seen as a negative attitude. The people that say they'll keep talks confidential will turn on you and leadership is non-existent. There's far too many people that believe they have the right answers and should have a hand in everything that happens. Company is more concerned about doing things the way they've always been done and not interested in growing. Products are mediocre at best but are seen as "great". Too many people just roll with the punches and never push back. And, again, those that do are dubbed trouble makers. Can't really trust anyone, that includes HR and your direct coworkers. If you plan on applying here, prepare for the worst or just run in the opposite direction.

Advice to Management

Bring in people who actually want to make things better, not a bunch of yes men that'll do whatever you tell them.