TPG Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

TPG Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 82 reviews

3.9
TPG Hotels & Resorts CEO James A. Procaccianti (no image)
James A. Procaccianti
Pros
  • "Fantastic support from both corporate offices as well as the property level(in 6 reviews)

• "I have worked for three TPG hotels for the past 10(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons to mention at this time(in 4 reviews)

• "Their bonus structure is terrible, employee incentives are a joke and upper management is selfish and extremely old school(in 4 reviews)

1. "Company with Respect"

Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Authority to make decisions * Understands the demands of the job and business * Regionals listen to concerns and offer assistance * Extremely supportive home office. Always there to help

Cons

Not enough communication around company

Advice to Management

Bring everyone together at least once a year to share goals, objectives, procedures and ideas.

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-09-18
  2. "Excellent Support"

Current Employee - Hotel General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support from RVP's along with SVP. They are always just a phone call away for any feedback and support that property may need. There is room for growth and they take serious promoting from within. Thank you.

Cons

I have none at this time

Advice to Management

Keep supporting GM's and letting them run the properties!

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-09-04
  3. "Ridiculous!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers at our hotel.

Cons

Senior level VP uses our hotel as a play pin. He actually goes fishing at the hotel during the daytime work hours. His best buddy Regional walks around taking pictures. Neither knows any of my co-workers names in our Sales Department but they have laid several of my Sales peers off of their jobs. Right now we have new Regionals too and some with no GM experience at all. Those same Regionals just laid off our... beloved Hotel Manager too cuz they want to bring in more buddies over getting good results. Shame on you TPG!

Advice to Management

Hire Senior Leaders with integrity and experience.

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-09-14

"TPG is coercing employees to give Good reviews!"

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance. Great support at the property level.

Cons

Corporate sucks the life out of you!

Advice to Management

Forcing employees to leave good reviews is unethical!

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-08-13

TPG Hotels & Resorts Response

August 19, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

"We love it when companies encourage their employees and job candidates to share honest reviews on Glassdoor…." Glassdoor Community Guidelines 2019. Asking associates to place honest reviews is a great way for prospective employees to hear about our company, what it is like to work ...

5. "Downward Spiral"

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Benefits Amazing line level employees and department heads

Cons

The company has reached a point where you need to know the senior executives or have worked with them in the past in order to advance. Loyalty to the company and growth from within used to be a staple, now it is non existent. They are bringing in semi qualified or non qualified people to do jobs that tenured, loyal employees would love to have, and shine in.

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-08-24
  6. "You can grow with them"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I haven't been with TPG that long, but I have seen a lot of growth from within. Promotions in house and transfers to other locations.

Cons

None at the current moment.

Advice to Management

Keep developing your teams!

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-07-12

July 30, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

TPG is always growing and for those associates looking for a career in hospitality, has a great deal to offer. Thank you for noticing, and we wish you many years here at TPG!

7. "This place is my home!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for advancement and a company that is focused on growth! I’m a lifer!

Cons

None! Great company to work for!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-07-06

July 30, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

I couldn't agree more! Thank you for taking the time to post and letting potential new associates know that lifelong careers can be made working for TPG! Appreciate the support.

"Working conditions"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Cranston, RI

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice people to work with, very understanding when it comes to inclement weather, good pay and benefits, free snacks and coffee, good owners

Cons

would like yearly reviews and tips for improvement and training opportunities

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-06-27

July 30, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

The owners will appreciate hearing your review. Your effort in doing so is appreciated. We're glad that you are enjoying your job, coworkers, and all of the benefits and perks that we have to offer.

"Worst so-called hospitality management company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any pros

Cons

Read below for my honest cons on this company

Advice to Management

If I could rate them lower than a 1 star I would. If you want to work for a company that drains the hotel, staff and management teams and offers nothing in return. I worked for them as both a task force manager and full-time manager and it was the worst 13 months that I have spent in the hospitality industry. I watched them suck a property dry of resources. Mentally and emotionally drain a GM and Sales team and... offer little or nothing in return except wanting them to produce more. I over saw the entire F&B departments and was promised a lot and yet received little. I finally followed the foot steps of many other F&B managers and left before my career was destroyed. In parting the company did nothing, no thank yous, best wishes or anything. I will never consider work for this company again nor would I recommend any established manager or up and coming manager to work for this company. They are not a hotel management company, they are everything a true hotel management company uses as training guide to show what they do not want to be. Do your career a favor and avoid TPG at all cost and you'll be much better and grow fast, by doing so.

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-07-24

July 30, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

TPG has five decades of success in hotel management with many, many happy current and former associates. We're sorry if you didn't experience the same success that others have. We may run lean and have high expectations of our associates, but it is all in the best interest of the ...

10. "Good balanced company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at TPG Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities to travel on task force; genuine intentions to manage and improve workforce engagement at the property level; GMs that don't perform or don't take care of their teams do not stay (which is good); lots of systems and support from corporate such as SOPs, feedback and guidance, or resourcing other members in the field for additional training or support; opportunities for advancement are plentiful if you... are willing to relocate to another area; solid benefit plan options that are all a la carte

Cons

Company is very focused on the bottom line, which can lead to tough decisions like trimming hours, controlling expenses, or even trimming positions for the next year's budget if necessary; only a couple of properties in my state so fewer opportunities for growth in the immediate vicinity

Advice to Management

Would love to see the return of annual or semi-annual conferences for different disciplines; even a regional conference would be a potential development opportunity for team members

TPG Hotels & Resorts2019-06-17

July 30, 2019HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for posting such a detailed company review! Highlighting how TPG genuinely cares about their associates' well being and career trajectory, as well as listing multiple ways of how we support our management teams at the property level, is appreciated.

Found 82 reviews