TPI Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Torgerson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time

Pros

Lives by it's core values

Cons

PTO could be better for salaried employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open door policy.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employee Owner

Love those Core Values, so happy to read that as your Pro! Thanks for the 5 star review!

2. "Management"

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time

Pros

Great culture and upper management is very transparent. Always open to new ideas and help employees grow. They believe in hiring the right person that is the right fit not just the person with the most experience. ESOP is a plus and help engage employees in their positions.

Cons

Not competitive with PTO especially there isn't any sick leave, short or long term disability. Only six holidays per year. A lot of employee work when they are very ill because of this. Make it a little harder to attract salaried positions. Especially with the benefits many of the companies offer in the Twin Cities.

Advice to Management

Look at PTO and disability benefits. Millennials expect work life balance.

Jun 15, 2017 – Employee Owner

Get the right people in the right seats! Absolutely, 'fit' is the most important...we want people, with fun personalities, that believe in doing absolutely whatever it takes! Your thoughts on PTO... More

3. "Career opportunites are here"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

100% Employee-owned, great corporate level resources.

Cons

Low pay scale, no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Increase pay scale to keep good employees.

Jun 15, 2017 – Employee Owner

Thank you for mentioning the giant 'Pro' of TPI, that we're 100% Employee Owned, we're all owners and to be successful, depend on every owner to do their best! In addition, so happy to read your... More

4. "Big Big Experience to Big Value Experience"

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time

Pros

I've recently made the switch from big box retail to TPI Hospitality. I can tell you in a little more then a month of working here I already feel more welcomed and valued than at my Big Box store. In large retail the benefits and perks were great but, you were little more than an easily replaceable number.

In the short time here, I've been asked numerous times how my onboarding went, taken to lunch numerous times just to discuss the training so far. I've personally reached out to senior leadership with questions, which is something YOU DIDN'T do in big box for fear of your job.

A++++ Company!

Cons

Honestly, none right now, just keep it up!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've earned the respect of your employees for good reason. Active GM's and employees mean an active company. Everyone is always smiling!

Jun 12, 2017 – Employee Owner

Welcome to the team, congrats on becoming an Owner! Genuine smiles 'say' a lot, don't they? Keep asking questions, it's how we improve and move forward as a company together. Thank you for the... More

5. "Part Time"

I worked at TPI Hospitality part-time

Pros

Fantastic company to work for!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind when it comes to cons!

Feb 28, 2017 – Director of eCommerce

Thank you!

6. "M.O.D. / Night Auditor"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Bloomington, MN

I worked at TPI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good with communicating with their entire staff about everything going on with the company; the future direction of the company, and training in creative ways to instill and empower their staff to be the best when it pertains to taking care of their clients.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company.

Feb 8, 2017 – Director of eCommerce

Thank you for sharing your experience working at TPI Hospitality, the only thing not to like about this is that we really wish you weren't a former employee! We hope that your new direction takes... More

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at TPI for a little over three years and it has been a great experience since day one. We are employee owned which is a huge perk, especially for those in the beginning of their careers, as it grows as your tenure with the company grows. They are also huge about developing their employees and almost always promote from within. With the number of hotels and restaurants we have, that leaves tons of room for advancement for anyone no matter where they start within the company. They value feedback from all associates, which I've really never had at any previous job. They want to know what they can do better and they truly listen to their employees.

Cons

I feel as though their pay could be a bit more competitive and I think the insurance plan is a bit expensive for the amount of coverage received; however, to be fair, in today's insurance markets, I think a lot of employers are probably in the same boat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! As far as I can tell, most employees are happy here, so they're definitely doing something right!

Dec 12, 2016 – Director of eCommerce

Wow, thank you for such a detailed and kind review and for being an employee for more than 3 years! Your loyalty and feedback and very appreciated, keep it coming!!

8. "Great employee owned company"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Roseville, MN

Pros

Great CEO and company values. Employee owned company

Cons

Haven't noticed any so far

Advice to Management

Keep giving your employees incentives to stay with the company

Dec 12, 2016 – Director of eCommerce

You are a great employee owner!! Thank you for the 5 star review!!

9. "Employee Owned - Outrageous Service"

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee owned is the best! You can personally help your ESOP to grow just by doing your job and doing it to the best of your ability. Upper management are out of the box thinkers, willing to try new things and hire non-industry people whom they think can bring new life and ideas to the company. 30+ properties and growing, growing, growing.

Cons

I wish we could be more integrated with all the properties. In sales vs. operations, there is some head-butting, but that happens in almost every industry.

Apr 19, 2016 – Director of eCommerce

We're so happy to read your Pros about being an employee owner of TPI Hospitality! We wish there weren't any Cons though, please do share your thoughts with your team at your property or through... More

10. "So far I've enjoyed working with my coworkers and I'm always learning something new!"

I have been working at TPI Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TPI has a great set of Core Values and an empowering mission statement which the entire company believes in 100%. The managers feel more like leaders. I feel they genuinely care, not only about the company but about how the employees are learning and growing as people which is hard to find these days!

Cons

I feel the benefits could be improved to be more competitive with other companies. TPI is always trying to be a leader in the hospitality world which is awesome, but I feel it's one area where they can improve upon.

Aug 5, 2014 – SRE Coordinator

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed working with TPI Hospitality and that you feel our management staff are more leader than managers. We appreciate your... More