TRACE International Reviews in Annapolis, MD | Glassdoor

Annapolis, MD

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alexandra Wrage

1. "Great People to Work with!"

Current Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people from all over the world with great backgrounds. It is a great experience to work with such a divers environment.

Cons

Even though you are asked to perform across the board and help other teams it is rarely acknowledged and you almost never get credit for it. Also some managers can be not so flexible about your PTO-s. Considering there is no sick day leave it is hard to balance personal life with work.

2. "Decent place"

Former Employee - Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at TRACE International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours
    good coffee
    Nice office

Cons

boring job
    non-profit with factory-style routine

3. "Quality, paid internship at a niche-industry organization"

Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Annapolis, MD

Pros

I worked closely with the Marketing and Business Development teams, maintaining quick correspondence and regularly assisting both teams for a wide range of assignments. Projects spanned across many different skill sets, from graphic design and social media to research and writing. The training, guidance and resources the marketing interns were given directly correlated with the quality of good work we produced. I worked with new softwares and programs I hadn't used before, and learned a lot about an industry I didn't know much about prior to working here. The entire office was friendly and willing to help us out when we needed it — it was hard to leave such a wonderful team.

Cons

Not that the nature of the work really had an overlap in the first place, but it would have been nice to work with the legal interns more on other projects.

5. "Summer Internship"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Annapolis, MD

I worked at TRACE International (Less than a year)

Pros

Very well structured summer internship with wide variety of tasks and activities. Great opportunity to learn what is anti-corruption compliance. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

No obvious cons from my perspective.

6. "Fantastic office culture and diverse workforce"

Former Employee - Senior Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

You will work with people from all over the world and all walks of life, which gives you a fantastic education. Casual dress code, interesting and rewarding work, telecommuting permitted under certain circumstances, collaborative and positive environment. The company takes care of its employees and does a lot to keep up morale. You will be rewarded if you take initiative and work hard. TRACE is growing by leaps and bounds, so there are always opportunities.

Cons

Inconsistencies with the way managers review the work, leading to a lot of confusion for due diligence associates.

I was forced to resign because even though the company has a remote server and does allow occasional telecommuting, it is not allowed on a permanent basis for due diligence associates. (It is allowed for employees who don't have due diligence positions.) This is really unfair. I wanted to stay at TRACE and I did great work for the company, and I was really upset that I had to resign due to relocating out of state.

Advice to Management

Change your telecommuting policy so you don't lose good due diligence associates. Please get on the same page regarding how reports are reviewed so that DDAs aren't frustrated.

Jun 13, 2016 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

Unfortunately, our due diligence work does not lend itself to telecommuting. We have several tiers of rigorous review, including frequent in-person meetings to ensure quality control. We make it ... More

"Good first job, limited promotion opportunities"

Former Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Good first job out of college, the company provides flexible work hours/schedule, and unlike a number of other first jobs there is ample vacation time

Cons

Salary is low - especially for employees that are fluent in foreign languages. There is also very little room for promotion, and the criteria for promotion is (ironically) not transparent. Management is not terribly helpful in nurturing careers. I would not recommend young employees to remain for more than 2 years. Very high turnover rate. Do not provide sick leave.

Advice to Management

Nurture employees and allow opportunities for advancement. Pay employees more, especially bi/multi lingual ones.

Jan 1, 4713 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We provide 18 days of paid time off (PTO) per year for new employees that can be used for vacation, sick leave, care of a child or other family member, appointments or a ... More

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You make your own hours, flexibility, good benefits, generous time off, maternal leave up to 12 weeks, Keurig coffee in all flavors, fresh fruit provided, exercise/yoga room to stretch is available, luncheons/birthday treats provided, parking fees paid, wellness reimbursement program, professional development/webinars/learning opportunities paid, management is laid back and nice, HR is willing to address any concerns and accommodate requests, great job culture, diversity of staff, President of company is working hard to constantly improve work conditions, great compensation, almost no stress at work, great work/life balance, no overtime required, ability to work from home during inclement weather/sick days. The President of the company has great values: passionate about being green and environmentally friendly, encourages exercise at work, works at a standing desk

Cons

No cafeteria: have to go out to eat or eat at your desk

Advice to Management

Stay the way you are!

Feb 29, 2016 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

Update: after many employee suggestions, we now have a lunch room. Thank you!

9. "Summer Legal Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Everyone is very nice and willing to help you get acclimated and teach you the 'ropes.'

Cons

At the time they did not have a legal intern position and had basically created one for me. I loved that they did that but that also meant that I needed to find work for myself - which wasn't necessarily bad as it allowed me to do things that I probably wouldn't have had the opportunity otherwise.

"Why do we work? Answer: MONEY!"

Current Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

The office is in beautiful Annapolis. I like Annapolis although many DC and Baltimore coworkers complain it's a unnecessary commute so this is a personal preference. Most co-workers are friendly.

Cons

1. Ridiculously low salary. It's basically HALF of what can be earned in other firms, that's right... HALF! **THINK ABOUT THAT**. You do the SAME work but every day know you're earning fifty percent less for your efforts than other people. 2. Have to pay $37 to park your car. 3. Annapolis isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Pay more to retain and attract talent.

11. "Launched my Career in Compliance"

Former Employee - TRAC Analyst in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - TRAC Analyst in Annapolis, MD

Pros

World renown compliance consultants; frequent training opportunities; TRACE clients include Fortune 500 companies; exposure to compliance, legal and accounting teams at client corporations; largely international staff; various language skills and cultural backgrounds in Annapolis office; generally nice people; I had especially good experience with TRAC department manager; some TRACE employees go on to work for client companies; as an organization, TRACE is deeply committed to corporate social responsibility.

Cons

Employees may be expected to work outside of their particular field or department; I had negative experience with the international sales department in the Middle East; communication break-down with Dubai sales director; Dubai office had unclear expectations of the Annapolis team and put some stress on various departments.

Advice to Management

Reorganize Middle East sales department (although I think this has occurred)