TRI-COR Reviews in O'Fallon, IL | Glassdoor

TRI-COR O'Fallon Reviews

O'Fallon, IL

4.3
Elizabeth Lu El-Nattar

"Outstanding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL

Pros

TCI is a tech company with a track record of strong performance for our customers. I've been with the company for over 10 years. Our current leadership takes a keen interest in developing employees and ensuring they're in the right positions, not just for the company, but for the employee as well. We've recently had employees who have had opportunities to go elsewhere, but have chosen to remain with TCI. I think that demonstrates employees feel valued and see opportunities for personal growth within the company. Another great thing is training. If you need it, you'll get it unlike some companies who expect their employees to get training on their own time and on their own dime. Another thing: our CEO is outstanding! She's very dynamic and has a positive vision for the company and the employees. Bottom Line: I'm very happy here and will be staying for a long time.

Cons

In the past, there were communications issues between corporate headquarters and folks in the field. That issue is being aggressively addressed and we're seeing positive results.

2. "TCI is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 10 years and have worked on various contracts throughout that time. Not only have the team leads been engaged and honest and employee expectations, but the Corporate office has been engaged with the O'Fallon team as well. This has become more prevalent in the past year and I think it only adds to the value that the team members feel they are worth to the company. Turnover is always present in contracting work so that is something that is part of the risk of being a contractor. However, the TCI team tries to retain all team members anytime a loss occurs.

Cons

In the past, getting straight forward answers from HR often proved to be a hurdle but that is no longer an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to visit the teams in Colorado Springs, Kansas City and O'Fallon IL to build rapport with employees.

3. "Right Place, Right Time"

Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small team setting is great for me. Have a lot of autonomy to go with a broad list of responsibilities. Work stays fresh, because it always changes. Either the govt client generates new functional requirements or the underlying technology needs to be refreshed.

Cons

Very difficult to stay technically relevant in software development and cyber security without better access to training.

Advice to Management

Lower the corporate barriers to technical certifications that (1) are required for the position and (2) would enhance the company's competitive position.