TRI-COR Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Elizabeth Lu El-Nattar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Government Contractor"

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time

Pros

There is a solid management structure.

Cons

Might be growing a little too fast.

2. "I just saw some super reviews about TRICOR and thought it was a joke"

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I receive a paycheck and have a job

Cons

The company doesn't give raises(4 years) and doesn't care about it's employees. Has horrible benefits, worst I have seen in a while... I seen some people give great reviews of this company and thought I was dreaming. Maybe if your in the top tier corporate position is the company good for you... but not your average worker. They are not a hands on organization and are not compassionate towards employees and are not there or cheap with employee functions.

Advice to Management

Lead by example, look out for your employees, stop being greedy.

"So-So"

Current Employee - Tier II HelpDesk Technician in Aiken, SC
    Current Employee - Tier II HelpDesk Technician in Aiken, SC

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is a good company to get a foot in the door with. They have good locations and good hours available at most of the locations. They have contracts with the U.S. Government all over the world.

Cons

Company pay on their schedule "about" 9-10 days after submission of time-sheet. Very limited matching on 401k. No provision for RAISES was built in when the contract was bid. 3 years and no raise for any of the employees at our site. Not even a cost of living adjustment.

Advice to Management

Look out for the employees and build some longevity benefits into the bidding when it is done.

"Outstanding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL

Pros

TCI is a tech company with a track record of strong performance for our customers. I've been with the company for over 10 years. Our current leadership takes a keen interest in developing employees and ensuring they're in the right positions, not just for the company, but for the employee as well. We've recently had employees who have had opportunities to go elsewhere, but have chosen to remain with TCI. I think that demonstrates employees feel valued and see opportunities for personal growth within the company. Another great thing is training. If you need it, you'll get it unlike some companies who expect their employees to get training on their own time and on their own dime. Another thing: our CEO is outstanding! She's very dynamic and has a positive vision for the company and the employees. Bottom Line: I'm very happy here and will be staying for a long time.

Cons

In the past, there were communications issues between corporate headquarters and folks in the field. That issue is being aggressively addressed and we're seeing positive results.

5. "TCI is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 10 years and have worked on various contracts throughout that time. Not only have the team leads been engaged and honest and employee expectations, but the Corporate office has been engaged with the O'Fallon team as well. This has become more prevalent in the past year and I think it only adds to the value that the team members feel they are worth to the company. Turnover is always present in contracting work so that is something that is part of the risk of being a contractor. However, the TCI team tries to retain all team members anytime a loss occurs.

Cons

In the past, getting straight forward answers from HR often proved to be a hurdle but that is no longer an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to visit the teams in Colorado Springs, Kansas City and O'Fallon IL to build rapport with employees.

6. "Caring Professionals"

Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I've been a TCI employee for less than a year, never have I worked for a company who cares as much for their employees well-being while maintaining a professional level of customer service!
    There's not one member of our Team who's "difficult" to work with. A rarity these days!

Cons

Honestly, nothing comes to mind. I'm very happy here.

Advice to Management

It would be deeply appreciated if the TCI team working on Base could be issued Employee ID badges which allow access into the O'Fallon offices. Thank you

7. "Right Place, Right Time"

Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small team setting is great for me. Have a lot of autonomy to go with a broad list of responsibilities. Work stays fresh, because it always changes. Either the govt client generates new functional requirements or the underlying technology needs to be refreshed.

Cons

Very difficult to stay technically relevant in software development and cyber security without better access to training.

Advice to Management

Lower the corporate barriers to technical certifications that (1) are required for the position and (2) would enhance the company's competitive position.

8. "Software tester"

Pros

relaxed environment. Site manager care about his people

Cons

low pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Management

take care of employees. Pay better

"Really Good for development"

Pros

Very encouraging of personal growth

Cons

Little room for career advanement

"A lot of talk, Promises, No Action. No Trust. HQ fails the Operations."

Current Employee - HQ Operations Executive and Human Resources in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - HQ Operations Executive and Human Resources in Lanham, MD

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent O'Fallon Team! In many respects, O'Fallon is TRI-COR. The O'Fallon leadership team serves the primary customer relationship, and they have great customer focused leadership, take care of their people with quality management skills, they are professional, engaged, and coach employee performance to gain better performance and engagement in service to the company and the customer. O'Fallon consistently delivers excellent quality serivce in support of the mission, on-time and on budget - often in spite of the hurdles and obstacles created by the Lanham MD HQ.

Cons

30 year lifestyle company with unbalanced management style, expectations of mistrust. Drive to innovate and become forward thinking, best-practice is overwhelmed with rules based, focus on expectation that employees will not do the right thing. Top leadership at HQ is arbitrary and influenced by heresay/gossip. Tons of policies, documentation,rules - no business processes empowering succcess. HQ operation acts as an authority over productive independent client facing operations with little value add. History demonstrates continued repeating hire and replace leadership, hire and replace BD, no sustained growth and maturity. The HQ leadership team is provincial to Lanham, lacks professionalism, gossips, denegrates peers/direct reports, lies and bad behavior is tolerated if favored, while effective professionals are discarded, and proactive coaching to help promote growth and excellence is avoided at all cost. "People are people. You can't change them."

Advice to Management

Hire in the shadow of the leader and you will continue to maintain a cohesive team at HQ.