TRI-COR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elizabeth Lu El-Nattar

1. "TCI is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 10 years and have worked on various contracts throughout that time. Not only have the team leads been engaged and honest and employee expectations, but the Corporate office has been engaged with the O'Fallon team as well. This has become more prevalent in the past year and I think it only adds to the value that the team members feel they are worth to the company. Turnover is always present in contracting work so that is something that is part of the risk of being a contractor. However, the TCI team tries to retain all team members anytime a loss occurs.

Cons

In the past, getting straight forward answers from HR often proved to be a hurdle but that is no longer an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to visit the teams in Colorado Springs, Kansas City and O'Fallon IL to build rapport with employees.

2. "Caring Professionals"

Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I've been a TCI employee for less than a year, never have I worked for a company who cares as much for their employees well-being while maintaining a professional level of customer service!
    There's not one member of our Team who's "difficult" to work with. A rarity these days!

Cons

Honestly, nothing comes to mind. I'm very happy here.

Advice to Management

It would be deeply appreciated if the TCI team working on Base could be issued Employee ID badges which allow access into the O'Fallon offices. Thank you

"Outstanding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL

Pros

TCI is a tech company with a track record of strong performance for our customers. I've been with the company for over 10 years. Our current leadership takes a keen interest in developing employees and ensuring they're in the right positions, not just for the company, but for the employee as well. We've recently had employees who have had opportunities to go elsewhere, but have chosen to remain with TCI. I think that demonstrates employees feel valued and see opportunities for personal growth within the company. Another great thing is training. If you need it, you'll get it unlike some companies who expect their employees to get training on their own time and on their own dime. Another thing: our CEO is outstanding! She's very dynamic and has a positive vision for the company and the employees. Bottom Line: I'm very happy here and will be staying for a long time.

Cons

In the past, there were communications issues between corporate headquarters and folks in the field. That issue is being aggressively addressed and we're seeing positive results.

5. "One of the few good companies left"

I worked at TRI-COR full-time

Pros

Tri-Cor Industries is a pretty good company. I like the people and the environment. Upper management is very passionate and open, pro innovation, treat employees like humans, and seems to genuinely care about clients and staff. The leadership team is only about a couple of years old from a pretty extensive house cleaning done by the current CEO a couple years back when she first started, and since then they have re-branded the company and call it TCI for short, and it has software products of its own. From what I have seen, the company is compassionate, senior leaders are hardworking, and are not just executives who only talk because they can do work better than most. The CEO can do most people's jobs in the company and probably do them better, which could be a little scary for time to time for those who try to get by keeping status quo.

Cons

Very fast paced, they expect a lot of out of the box thinking, difficult to get by long term if you just want an average job. Some employees that have been there for 30 years and have trouble keeping up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but keep in mind that there are employees that have been with the business for 20+ years, and not everyone can be innovative.

6. "Software tester"

Pros

relaxed environment. Site manager care about his people

Cons

low pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Management

take care of employees. Pay better

7. "Job meets present needs but chancess for advancement is limited."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst

Pros

Immediate access to senior management. For a small company, benefits package is structured extremely well. Direction company is headed is sometimes hard to discern.

Cons

Strictly an IT company. Unsure of growth opportunities and expansion into new lines. Employees need to see more involvement from company leadership with local operations.

"Needs some improvements, but not too bad."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at TRI-COR (More than 3 years)

Pros

The contract I was working on had been secured by TRI-COR for many years, so they do a great job retaining contracts that they win. The people I worked with were good, and most were quite friendly.

Cons

I think the total compensation package could have been better. Insurance was too expensive and it had a small provider network. The previous company I had worked for was much smaller and had better benefits.

There were many times where our contract would just get extended 6 months at a time, and it made things stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Do some homework and find out what your employees are looking for in a long-term position. Get rid of the numerous executive positions for such a small company, and pay your employees more money. You're billing the government at 3 - 4 times what your employees are making, and they're aware of that. More money doesn't always retain employees, but it certainly can help. Stop charging so much overhead on hardware/software purchases. You're eating up too much of the budget by doing so, and it effects the funds available to purchase the proper hardware and software to support the mission.

"Really Good for development"

Pros

Very encouraging of personal growth

Cons

Little room for career advanement

"It'a job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at TRI-COR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of independence as far as work process is given. Easy work pace.

Cons

Very old school. New ideas aren't welcomed. Strict attendance and computer use policy. Upper manager is very cold. I have ask permission to leave if it isn't closing or lunch hour.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults. Trust them to do their jobs without breathing down their necks.

11. "Controller"

Former Employee - Controller in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Controller in Bowie, MD

I worked at TRI-COR (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generous Owner who is concerned about his staff.

Cons

High Turnover due to wins and losses of contracts.