TRI-COR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elizabeth Lu El-Nattar

1. "One of the few good companies left"

I worked at TRI-COR full-time

Pros

Tri-Cor Industries is a pretty good company. I like the people and the environment. Upper management is very passionate and open, pro innovation, treat employees like humans, and seems to genuinely care about clients and staff. The leadership team is only about a couple of years old from a pretty extensive house cleaning done by the current CEO a couple years back when she first started, and since then they have re-branded the company and call it TCI for short, and it has software products of its own. From what I have seen, the company is compassionate, senior leaders are hardworking, and are not just executives who only talk because they can do work better than most. The CEO can do most people's jobs in the company and probably do them better, which could be a little scary for time to time for those who try to get by keeping status quo.

Cons

Very fast paced, they expect a lot of out of the box thinking, difficult to get by long term if you just want an average job. Some employees that have been there for 30 years and have trouble keeping up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but keep in mind that there are employees that have been with the business for 20+ years, and not everyone can be innovative.

"So-So"

Current Employee - Tier II HelpDesk Technician in Aiken, SC
    Current Employee - Tier II HelpDesk Technician in Aiken, SC

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is a good company to get a foot in the door with. They have good locations and good hours available at most of the locations. They have contracts with the U.S. Government all over the world.

Cons

Company pay on their schedule "about" 9-10 days after submission of time-sheet. Very limited matching on 401k. No provision for RAISES was built in when the contract was bid. 3 years and no raise for any of the employees at our site. Not even a cost of living adjustment.

Advice to Management

Look out for the employees and build some longevity benefits into the bidding when it is done.

"Run, don't walk"

I worked at TRI-COR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have met a couple of nice people there, although they either quit or have been fired

Cons

Oppressive management, they watch your every step, rude to their employees. No room for growth, low pay, very high turnover. They replace their entire business development department about once a year. I have seen 15 people out of 38 been either fired or they were forced to quit. Bad vibe, unhappy people.

"Outstanding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Continuous Service Improvement Lead in O'Fallon, IL

Pros

TCI is a tech company with a track record of strong performance for our customers. I've been with the company for over 10 years. Our current leadership takes a keen interest in developing employees and ensuring they're in the right positions, not just for the company, but for the employee as well. We've recently had employees who have had opportunities to go elsewhere, but have chosen to remain with TCI. I think that demonstrates employees feel valued and see opportunities for personal growth within the company. Another great thing is training. If you need it, you'll get it unlike some companies who expect their employees to get training on their own time and on their own dime. Another thing: our CEO is outstanding! She's very dynamic and has a positive vision for the company and the employees. Bottom Line: I'm very happy here and will be staying for a long time.

Cons

In the past, there were communications issues between corporate headquarters and folks in the field. That issue is being aggressively addressed and we're seeing positive results.

6. "Caring Professionals"

Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Configurations Management Specialist in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I've been a TCI employee for less than a year, never have I worked for a company who cares as much for their employees well-being while maintaining a professional level of customer service!
    There's not one member of our Team who's "difficult" to work with. A rarity these days!

Cons

Honestly, nothing comes to mind. I'm very happy here.

Advice to Management

It would be deeply appreciated if the TCI team working on Base could be issued Employee ID badges which allow access into the O'Fallon offices. Thank you

7. "Right Place, Right Time"

Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small team setting is great for me. Have a lot of autonomy to go with a broad list of responsibilities. Work stays fresh, because it always changes. Either the govt client generates new functional requirements or the underlying technology needs to be refreshed.

Cons

Very difficult to stay technically relevant in software development and cyber security without better access to training.

Advice to Management

Lower the corporate barriers to technical certifications that (1) are required for the position and (2) would enhance the company's competitive position.

8. "TCI is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 10 years and have worked on various contracts throughout that time. Not only have the team leads been engaged and honest and employee expectations, but the Corporate office has been engaged with the O'Fallon team as well. This has become more prevalent in the past year and I think it only adds to the value that the team members feel they are worth to the company. Turnover is always present in contracting work so that is something that is part of the risk of being a contractor. However, the TCI team tries to retain all team members anytime a loss occurs.

Cons

In the past, getting straight forward answers from HR often proved to be a hurdle but that is no longer an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to visit the teams in Colorado Springs, Kansas City and O'Fallon IL to build rapport with employees.

9. "Worst employment experience of my life."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

All the former employees that were "laid off" were good people.

Cons

The entire executive management team needs to be replaced.

"Run Forest run!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

They do have some footprint in the Federal market which is good for possible future growth.

Cons

People is upper management are not qualified to lead an organization. CEO should step down. If you are not in the management clique - forget it. Look at someone the wrong way - you're out. Micro manages the wrong things such as not allowing folks to work remote or being late. Does not allow employees to thrive and be successful.

Advice to Management

CEO should step down. Micro managing is not leading. Understand he is reacting to previous bad experience, but he and his management need to leave. Or sell the company to someone who has a track record of a vision and leading a small business.

11. "Software tester"

Pros

relaxed environment. Site manager care about his people

Cons

low pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Management

take care of employees. Pay better