TSACS Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 21, 2017

2.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Atmosphere, Huge Workload"

I worked at TSACS full-time

Pros

comfortable building/atmosphere, down to earth colleagues, safe environment, kind assistant principal and receptionist, clean surroundings

Cons

overbearing curriculum supervisor, disrespectful students, unmanageable (often unfair) workload, noticeably strong religious/cultural affiliations

Advice to Management

Based on my time at this school, I feel that there needs to be stricter disciplinary policies and measures for student misbehavior and attendance; more teacher incentives; and a fair distribution of workload among teachers. For instance, one teacher had to prepare for four different classes each day (and was expected to submit lesson plans for all classes at least a week in advance), while another teacher was happily only preparing for one class each day. In addition, students were constantly absent and disrespectful, treating the classroom as though it was their playground or a neighborhood cafe. I oftentimes gave up trying to get their attention and wrote the directions on the board for students to complete as they wished. When I approached one of the management about these problems, he told me to take it easy, that they were seniors and "already done with school" in their minds. Perhaps things have gotten better there over the past several years. Who knows? I decided to leave the company to keep my sanity (and my teaching integrity) in tact.

2. "Life of a former college student"

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Math Tutor in Phila, PA

I worked at TSACS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good and work wasn't too difficult

Cons

School shutdown and administration was sketchy

Advice to Management

Get better management