TSC Apparel Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
TSC Apparel CEO Dave Klotter
Dave Klotter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Casual Dress, Beer Friday, and Fresh Fruit and Yogurt twice a week" (in 7 reviews)

• "We do a lot of fun and positive programs in the office such as Fresh Fruit Mondays, Beer Fridays, and little office rewards for reaching our goals" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Have to pay for parking since its downtown, only one break (30min) your whole shift" (in 3 reviews)

• "I also was not a fan of how you would be docked on your metrics from stepping away from your desk in the call center" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment, growing opportunities, company values, great training program, employee moral. Very excited to grow as an employee and helping the company grow at the same time.

Cons

There is a lot of situational learning that unfortunately cannot be completely covered in the training period.

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at TSC Apparel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not micro managed, great benefits

Cons

Can be stressful at times

3. "Business Development Program"

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are easily the best part, younger culture
    Not a bad place to start out especially for post grads
    Beer fridays (only 1 allowed) and fresh fruit on mondays and wednesdays
    Casual dress and laid back
    Flexible scheduling, very helpful if you need to shift something around

Cons

BDA position is a call center environment which can get boring and repetitive but it helps you learn the industry and products to make you more successful when you move in to the next level up BDS position (hopefully 2-4 months)

Paying for parking downtown (only $4)

Advice to Management

Make the call center less of a desk locked position if possible. Have to start at the bottom just like any other company but a little more freedom to leave your desk or take a break would be beneficial to BDAs

4. "Business Development"

Pros

Clear and honest path for promotion, great culture and environment, helpful management, great benefits, opportunity to relocate, opportunity for different positions throughout the company, stable company thats rapidly growing. They do lots of little things to show they care about their employees (i.e. fresh fruit on Mondays).

Cons

Have to pay for parking since its downtown, only one break (30min) your whole shift.

5. "Business Development Associate"

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time

Pros

Training is fairly comprehensive and adequately prepares you for expectations of the job, friendly workplace environment, coworkers are helpful and genuine

Cons

classroom portions of training while necessary can feel somewhat redundant, more hands on training could be helpful

"Account Executive"

I worked at TSC Apparel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard, you can make very decent money. They provide ample amounts of sales training, and try to make the work culture fun.

Cons

not much advancement opportunity after a certain point, management team is always changing, and management favors certain employees over others aka not everyone is held to the same standard.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring the "tinder" generation, that will constantly look for "the next best thing", and fight to keep the people that work hard and want to be there around.

7. "Business Development"

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment, relaxed dress, Not overly stressful on a daily basis.

Cons

Some times your'e left on your own with zero help during extremely busy times.

Advice to Management

Since the business Development Program is continuously changing faces, during uptick hours delegate assistance

TSC Apparel Response

Nov 19, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the casual work environment and the people that you work with. Thank you for your advice the Business Development Program. We are... More

8. "Sales Postion Love what i do!"

Current Employee - Sales Department in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time

Pros

The new CEO is making positive changes to make this an even bigger and better company!!! He has an open door policy and always willing to listen. I have worked here for several years and enjoyed my coworkers and the fun atmosphere. The health benefits are great including a 401(k) match . I also have a generous PTO plan.

Cons

I have Nothing negative to say

Advice to Management

Keep the positive changes coming and continue to listen to the employees.

9. "Great Entry Level Sales Job"

I have been working at TSC Apparel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-My coworkers are great to work with as they have become some of my best friends and are always there to help if needed.
    -Provides a great opportunity for growth not just within the company but also personal growth in the sales field as well.
    -I wasn't there when the old CEO was there but the new CEO is really turning things around and is doing a great job at making it a fun lace to work while growing the company as well.
    -They do a good job of teaching the software system.
    -Decent Pay
    -Chances to earn bonus'/prizes
    -Casual Dress, Beer Friday, and Fresh Fruit and Yogurt twice a week.

Cons

-Can have some high stress moments occasionally cause me to work through lunch.
    -The first phase of Business development does stink I will be honest, but if you just stick it out an do your time there it is well worth it.
    -Have to pay for parking because of the downtown location.
    -Health Insurance is a little pricey
    -Somewhat high turnover
    -Have to deal with some terrible customers, but that comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

The BDA position could use some tweaking, giving more sales training/tips and adjust some of the metrics grading. In the BDS Role there could be some improvement of how your behaviors are graded. Ideas such as adjusting it towards the slower/busier months as it can be difficult to obtain the goals sometimes or being a raise the number of strikes you are allowed to have or reset more frequently.

TSC Apparel Response

Nov 12, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our Business Development Program. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience. We are happy to know that you enjoy having a casual... More

10. "Business Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TSC Apparel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very nice employees and flexible schedules.

Cons

Being part time you do not get many incentives and perks of the job like spin the wheel and PTO.

Advice to Management

Nothing my manager is really friendly, understanding and nice.