TSL Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
David English

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Current work environment in this organization is very good (in 6 reviews)

• great people team players but dry environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Because of the low pay scale, many staff (including managers) are very young and inexperienced (which can also be read as immature) (in 4 reviews)

• They have high turnover for in their tele-sales department for a reason (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company with a dynamic vision"

Former Employee - Director of Digital Marketing in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Director of Digital Marketing in Columbia, MD

I worked at TSL Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with global brands
    Strong senior leaders and committed, smart team members
    Great current business model and exciting vision for future growth
    Collaborative environment that fosters growth
    Opportunity to build/execute integrated marketing efforts that are both inbound and outbound
    Fast-paced agency lifestyle is exciting

Cons

Fast-paced agency lifestyle is demanding
    Working with remote team members requires time management and planning, which is difficult for young employees

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

2. "Lead Progression Specialist"

Former Employee - Lead Progression Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Progression Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at TSL Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome team collaboration and training. Very positive influence from employees and managers. Very fair and understanding of issues associated with natural disasters by taking care of their employees in time of need.

Cons

Employee benefit package should be evaluated to ascertain a less expensive more reasonable employee contribution.

Advice to Management

Promote a fair experience for everyone in terms of productivity and performance. When there are few that excel, it puts in question the integrity of the organization. Simply put, share the wealth by providing all the representatives an equal share of the most sought after leads. Those leads that are provided as part of a list of prospects that are ready to reschedule a facilitation and for which a representative was either no longer with the company or had been moved to another campaign. It's apparent those leads are farmed out to a few chosen individuals. It makes them look good, but it has a negative effect on the morale of some of your most gifted representatives.

3. "Pipeline Management Consultant"

I have been working at TSL Marketing full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for those who want to work hard!

Cons

There are no cons that I can presently think of.

4. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at TSL Marketing full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the job because it gives me the opportunity to work remotely from home.

Cons

I am very new to this so I have not had any issues.

Jul 31, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Glad you are enjoying your TSL experience so far. Keep open dialogue with your peers to ensure that you get everything you require to be successful!

"Great vibe and strong future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at TSL Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Great people working in a collaborative environment. 2. Access to working with great companies/customers. 3. Constant push for improving and innovating 4. Open atmosphere where your ideas are put into action.

Cons

Due to the transformation of the company things will change but management is doing a good job letting us know ahead of time. SO if a dynamic environment is not comfortable then this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The changes are working.

Jul 31, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Great to hear you are having a good experience. We will continue to firm up our processes and keep moving forward together!

"Much better sales jobs out there"

Former Employee - Lead Progression Specialist/Inside Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Progression Specialist/Inside Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at TSL Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I spoke to was very nice, friendly, and helpful. Everyone seemed to work really hard at their jobs, which is why it is disappointing they aren't more successful. Interview process was relatively easy. Opportunity to work remotely.

Cons

If you have any prior sales experience, this is not the job for you. It is 8 hours of cold calling under-developed and under-researched lead lists. Some days (almost all) I didn't get a single lead on the phone, often because they haven't been with the company for several years which means zero opportunity to make a commission. Once receptionist told me the prospect hadn't worked there for 8 years.. that was embarrassing. They do ask that you do research on your own to find new contacts if you can't connect, which is acceptable. But that is extremely time consuming and difficult with a list of 250 leads that you can't connect with. When interviewing they told me what the "minimum" target is and what the commissions would be, so I assumed I'd at least hit the "minimum." What they neglected to mention is that hardly anyone is actually hitting even the minimums (they may need to research the definition of minimum). They are very transparent and post everyone's opportunities, and it's no secret that only a handful of people are hitting targets. If you are new to sales and want to pad your resume, maybe this position would work for you. But if you are a seasoned sales rep you may find your skills wasted here.

Advice to Management

At first the training seemed well organized. However, as the week went on everything became self-paced and the topics that really needed attention (like tech training and sales techniques) were dismissed. We were told to watch a handful of videos on each and that was that. There were good intentions with mock call training, but each person probably got 10 minutes of cumulative training to learn how to discuss a topic none of us had any knowledge of. There should have been wayyyyyyy more practice on actually engaging in a conversation with a tech professional than that. Also, I know PMs are super busy, but you'll never retain any employees if you're putting them on campaigns with crappy lead lists. Maybe hire someone to research the lists? Above my pay grade and not sure how that works, but something needs to change.

Jun 12, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Thank you for the extended feedback. It is both detailed and thoughtful. much appreciated. I will take the feedback regarding the training process to the team to see if we can improve the tech... More

7. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at TSL Marketing full-time

Pros

The best part about TSL is the people. I really love coming to work everyday because of the people I work with day in and day out. Everyone is so helpful and honestly care if you succeed, from your peers all the way up to the highest level. There are also great opportunities for growth for those that are willing to work for it. I have learned so much here and cannot wait to see what the next year brings.

Cons

Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Keep investing into the team! I love all the company events!

Jul 31, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

8. "good"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbia, MD

I worked at TSL Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere to work with the employies

Cons

Rise in job for a promotion in title

Advice to Management

Nil

May 4, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Thanks for taking the time to collect your thoughts and share them here with us. - Jeff

"Business Development Specialist"

Former Employee - Business Technology Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Business Technology Specialist in Columbia, MD

I worked at TSL Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse group of outgoing colleagues, culture created by team is decent. It is like a cult, you really want to be member and stay. Open communication.

Cons

More work than they can handle. It is purely a telemarketing position and mostly cold calling, with undeveloped contact lists. Company is reorganizing and is having major growing pains. Some of the top management is not qualified for their positions and hurts the company's growth. Very young group of upper management that didn't have any management experience before their job with the company. Lots of stress and micromanagement. Opportunity to move up their ranks but you are still doing the same telemarketing, job just make more money.

Advice to Management

Don't let your best talent walk out the door. Pride can be your worse enemy.

May 4, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Experience Group & Strategy

Thanks for the review. You statement about "growing pains" was interesting since the Customer Journey Group has remained constant through some of the other positive forward transformation. I liked... More

10. "Family Like Atmosphere"

I worked at TSL Marketing full-time

Pros

Love the family like atmosphere that TSL brings to its employees. Everyone is very helpful and wants you to succeed by taking time out of their schedules to help you with whatever you need. They also have fun events for their employees which helps bring the company together.

Cons

The break room could have used a vending machine