TSYS|Total System Services Software Developer Reviews
Updated Jun 5, 2023
Filter by Topic
Found 204 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about TSYS|Total System Services? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TSYS|Total System Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of TSYS|Total System Services and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee★★★★★
GoodJun 5, 2023 - Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, OHRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Career growth - good yearly compensation
- No flexibility for working hours - Long working hours
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
OK place to work, but pay is below averageJan 5, 2023 - Senior Software DeveloperRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
* Fast paced environment with a large company to get good work experience * Decent benefits package and time off * For the most part management is easy to work with and respond well to private issues * Regular performance reviews and pay increases (still not in line with other companies though) * Excellent termination package * New design pattern are fairly quickly integrated into the apps
* Says they are very open about company future and earnings, but then let go many senior and high paying jobs to save money. * Will promote you and then give you more work than you can complete * Will change job responsibilities but won't increase pay * Pay cuts during covid took a long time to be reinstated * They clearly care more about upper level exec salary than your own * Don't care about seniority and will let you go if it will save them money * Disciplinary process messy, unclear, and unfair * Senior developers here basically need to also find time to be managers and do more work for less pay than competitors * Pay system is unfair, more work for less pay the longer you work here. * Chaotic and error prone way of integrating every single new design pattern that came out (most developers do not know how it works but business wants solutions fast. there was not good communication with the business about what developers were changing in the app, lots of bugs missed and time wasted learning new design patterns that didn't really yield positive benefits to the business, good for developer knowledge though)Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Great benefitsAug 13, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Metal, health and dental - top not h
You need to be a go getter to advance.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Work Life with this CompanyJul 28, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The work life balance was great. There were opportunities to continue your education and develop professionaly.
The company needs to allow employees the opportunity to use new developed skills. The company was bought out and some of hte core principles changed.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Big Company with Small Town FeelMar 6, 2022 - Software Engineer Lead in Columbus, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people. Every cares about you. You feel welcome and part of a family. Lots of career growth. Great benefits.
That family is big so its bound to have it's dysfunction parts. There a lots of reorgs. Its hard to accomplish a goal when the target moves so often.
- Current Employee★★★★★
23 years at TSYS and would recommend it.Mar 22, 2022 - Senior Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management is intune to the company and your success.
Short staffed, so there are long work weeks at times.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
ReviewsMar 15, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work life balance good team and good technical stack
Low pay check and no stocks and very less bonus
- Former Employee★★★★★
Learn and move onFeb 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Celebrating holidays and events - flex teams - good camaraderie between coworkers - some very smart folks Overall - If you are a fresh grad, learn as much as you can until you find something better and move on. If you are older, don't care and just want a steady job until you retire (told to me by my actual manager), also a good place for you. If you are trying to build your career here, forget about it.
- Salary is below the current market rates. - Lack of management skills/soft skills among middle management in the Alpharetta branch due to promoting technical engineers to director/vp positions. - Lack of organization with namesake 'agile' implementation where the architects and seniors themselves don't follow the process. - Office politics and favoritism in the workplace - Pre-covid, employees were not allowed to work from home at all even though our jobs can easily be done from home and not enough time off comp. At least compensate FTEs for overtime work.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Good place to learn, Bad place to advanceMay 9, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Alpharetta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The work is mostly modern (depending on team) and you will build your resume - Lots of team building stuff - Smart people
- Most managers have no idea what their employees are doing day to day - Managers play favorites - Pay is below market averageContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
N/AApr 18, 2022 - System Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great group of people to work with. Family atmosphere.
Advancement in career can be a challenge.Continue reading
TSYS|Total System Services Reviews FAQs
Software Developer professionals working at TSYS|Total System Services have rated their employer with 4 out of 5 stars in 204 Glassdoor reviews. This is a higher than average score with the overall rating of TSYS|Total System Services employees being 3.6 out of 5 stars. Search open Software Developer Jobs at TSYS|Total System Services now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Software Developer interview questions at TSYS|Total System Services.
Software Developer professionals rate their compensation and benefits at TSYS|Total System Services with 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 204 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 10.8% better than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Software Developer salaries and benefits at TSYS|Total System Services.
84% of Software Developer employees at TSYS|Total System Services would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has increased by 6% in the past 12 months. Software Developer professionals have also rated TSYS|Total System Services with a 4.1 rating for work-life-balance, 4 rating for diversity and inclusion, 4.2 rating for culture and values and 3.7 rating for career opportunities.