TSYS|Total System Services "columbus" Reviews | Glassdoor

TSYS|Total System Services Employee Reviews about "columbus"

Updated Oct 12, 2019

3.1
TSYS|Total System Services CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods
Pros
  • "Employee Friendly company with a work life balance(in 92 reviews)

• "Worked with great people, good benefits, there was down time between calls at the time so it wasn't very stressful, even though it could be at times(in 55 reviews)

Reviews about "columbus"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A Great Place to Work and Grow"

in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services

Pros

Many opportunities for furthering your personal and professional development. A small town company, with big town aspirations and an international focus. Comfortable working environment.

Cons

A little bit of "good old boy" in some areas. I'm not from Columbus, and my family is not here. Nothing to bring my family to Columbus. Love the job, missing having family around.

TSYS|Total System Services2011-06-23

"Culture change"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Business Consultant in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best pay for Columbus Georgia

Cons

Culture has changed for the worse over the years. They call us 'team members' but nowadays you just feel like an 'employee' that they don't care about and could be let go at any moment.

TSYS|Total System Services2019-10-13
  3. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Faith-based company. I like the fact that we pray before every big meeting.

Cons

I don't feel valued. If you are in Columbus you get better opportunities.

TSYS|Total System Services2019-09-23

"Your are only a number and everyone knows it."

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have no pros to share. If I could have given a zero rating I would have.

Cons

No training Cubicle life High turnover rate HR will side with the higher ranked employee at all times 3 bosses in 18 months Was passed up two years in a row for an annual salary increase because of one incident. Have lived in Columbus my whole life and everyone in town will tell you that you are just a number. Was put on a 90 day performance plan in my first one on one with my 3rd boss. 90 day performance plan lasted 8 months. Our new boss came in and treated people who had worked there for 20+ years like little kids. Teams tend to blame other teams Will have employee functions but your boss can tell you that you can't go

TSYS|Total System Services2018-12-14
  5. "Close to being a good company to work for"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time

Pros

Positive growth. Finally added some outsiders to the Executive chain which is making a difference. Work environment is pleasant other than being in Columbus, GA.

Cons

Too many long time employees that need to just move on. Most of them are in the management chain just because they have been there so long they have run out of options.

TSYS|Total System Services2017-05-02

"Old school culture over wise business decisions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Pros

Easy to shine as an employee, because high tolerance for carrying unskilled employees. Most managers were appointed during restructure based on years of service and lack background or knowledge of their new department assignment.

Cons

Poor unqualified management. Most based in Columbus, GA.

TSYS|Total System Services2017-04-29

"Profitable company, high turnover"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

TSYS is a leader in the industry. It's very profitable and competitive. It is also dedicated to growing and gaining more market share.

Cons

There are talented employees across the board at TSYS, but management in many departments is running good employees off. The culture at the Alpharetta office doesn't match the cohesiveness that has benefited the Columbus headquarters.

TSYS|Total System Services2017-04-02
  8. "TSYS"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Columbus, GA

Pros

Decent benefits, pay is good for Columbus. Coworkers are willing to share knowledge.

Cons

Company is in the process of alot of change and layoffs. Keeps employees on edge.

TSYS|Total System Services2017-02-13

"Sr. Client Server Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Client Server Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good place to work if you are an Information Technology professional who wants to live in Columbus, GA. Compensation is decent. 2 weeks vacation after one year and 3 weeks after 5 years. 2 weeks PDO for doctor appointments and emergencies each year that carries over to next year. One week for volunteer activities in the community. Healthcare benefits are decent. Good online training opportunities to build skills.

Cons

There are limited opportunities in Columbus, GA for Information Technology professionals. Basically only TSYS and AFLAC. The majority of the IT people who have worked for the company have been at TSYS at least 15-20 years. Many aren't college educated. They received their training thru a program called ICAP where TSYS partnered with a local university to offer training for computer programming. TSYS had to do this because they had a hard time recruiting talent to come to Columbus, GA. Much of the IT staff is set in their ways. They are afraid to be innovative and think outside the box because they fear messing something up and possibly losing their job. I wouldn't consider any position at this company as being stable. There have been many layoffs over the years. These always happen when TSYS makes a big acquisition or have a quarter or two where the company profits don't meet expectations. If either of these happen you can guarantee they will do layoffs. The last layoff in September 2016 was especially large . As other mentioned there is a lot of micro-management in the upper levels. Your immediate manager has little power in suggesting you get a raise. They mostly just assign you your work. The management structure was basically blown up during the last reorganization. All the managers had to apply and interview for the 5 layers of management the company went to.

TSYS|Total System Services2016-12-15

"Associate Manager"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services

Pros

Great Benefits a little expensive but many perks, great time off- 80 hours of Vacation, 80 hours of float hours, and 80 hours of sick time to start/ Then 120 hours of vacation 3 years, 10 years 160 hours etc...Great Location, opposite direction of the notorius Atlanta traffic, Opportunity for advancement below the Associate Manager level, great co-workers they seem to care

Cons

Unstable, Lay-offs, Poor Training, no flexibility with work schedules, too focused on attrition vs keeping the current workforce, high turn over, pay is low for the industry, Antiquated systems, always understaffed due to turn over, coaching and development time with subordinates is almost non existent unless its time to coach to a discrepancy or issue, There is a disconnect between the leadership in HQ in Columbus and the McDonough Center, It is evident that there is a power struggle with Senior Management too much push and pull and these feelings are cascaded to the lower levels

TSYS|Total System Services2016-10-13