TTI Floor Care North America Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gary Scott

Pros
  • The work/life balance is terrific, the managers are not timekeepers but people are held responsible for their work product (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, Great looking office environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible upper management not caring towards employees (in 11 reviews)

• Each new president had a different idea/direction for the company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People - The organization contains a plethora of very talented people. I rarely work with anyone that wouldn't have been a star performer in my previous organizations. Even with this talent, everyone works well together and new ideas are welcomed. Most people are from other organizations because TTI moved from Cleveland which has injected a lot of excitement and energy into the organization.

The Work Environment - The facility is top notch. There is a cafeteria, coffee shop and gym on site. The offices are new and open with a lot of windows. The work/life balance is terrific, the managers are not timekeepers but people are held responsible for their work product. There are a lot of corporate team building events which are always fun and well done.

The Opportunity - There are three main Strategic Business Units (Oreck, Hoover, Dirt Devil) and the organization is growing and has a lot of energy which provides an environment for significant personal and professional growth. A typical project lasts 3 or 4 months so there is always a new challenge on the horizon. Tuition assistance is provided.

Cons

TTI may not be for people that are not able to be nimble when accommodating changing requirements. The organization is growing and the processes are still being ironed out. The environment is very fast paced and requirements change often. The organization is dependent on foreign suppliers which do require calls late at night and very early in the morning at times to resolve issues and coordinate projects.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting the processes defined and communicated so that the organization can function more efficiently.

Apr 2, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review! You highlighted three assets that we pride ourselves on. It is truly amazing what has transpired at TTI Floor Care over the past two ... More

2. "On-Boarding New Hire Review"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Great Communication from HR and Management. My on-boarding process was very smooth. Melanie did a fantastic job in helping me get up and running.

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

None

3. "New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great on-boarding experience! Everyone has been willing to help explain new terms, processes, their functions and how that connects to my new role. There is also a formal orientation that helps give an overall view of the organization.

Interview process was very thorough allowing both existing TTI management and me to get a good feel for how I would fit into the existing culture. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to meet with many people in the process.

Cons

None at this point. So far it has been a great experience.

5. "Well Known Brands, Awesome Team Environment, Good Benefits"

Current Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I've worked with TTI Floorcare in the Charlotte office for almost 1 year, and can honestly say this is the best workplace I've been a part of in my 10+ year career in engineering.
    Great teamwork environment where everyone takes responsibility for their work but also never hesitate to help others when in need.
    Good benefits from a HR department that genuinely cares about the employees and helping the surrounding community.
    Great brand recognition between Hoover, Dirt Devil, and Oreck and the company works to put together the best team for each SBU so their are chances to move between the groups as well as upward mobility within the business.
    The office environment is state of the art, feels very much like an office that you would find in Silicon Valley.
    Overall, I've really enjoyed my time here and look forward to what the future holds.

Cons

As with any corporate workplace, there are changes to management and departments depending on business conditions which can effect productivity for other groups.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to interact more with employees at all levels of the organization, not just the top line.

Apr 2, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Your review captures the true essence of what we are striving to create culturally here at TTI Floor Care. We are proud to have you on the team! -TTIFC Engagement Team

6. "Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Associate Channel Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

This company has a great culture and a great future. The continuous innovation of new products will keep this company as a big player in the competitive market place. All the employees are very easy to get along with and are really knowledgeable and willing to help out. The new office in Charlotte is fantastic and a great environment to work in. If you keep up with the work and demand, there are a lot of great promotion opportunities ahead of you.

Cons

The environment is fast paced and you need to be a quick learner in order to thrive right away. The work load can be overwhelming and open office layout may be difficult for some employees to work in.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the innovation and continuing to change the culture of the company. Make sure to allow time for new employees to learn, so they can contribute and show their knowledge.

Apr 2, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! Keep up the great work. Employees such as yourself help us to achieve top innovation in a demanding and competitive market. -TTIFC Engagement Team

7. "Channel Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Associate Channel Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TTI Floor Care provides a great business structure that gives young professionals necessary experience in the business realm. Very understanding when it comes to time off and family priorities. Co-workers are eager to work and generally very helpful. Everyone has a job to do and if you meet the necessary requirements and goals for your respective position, then promotional opportunities are quick to follow.

Cons

There are a few instances in which upper management are overwhelmed with their workload and swiftly move through meetings in order to focus on different priorities. Sometimes left employees in the dark on how to handle certain situations and business.

Advice to Management

Great overall work environment with a lot of upward promotional opportunity. Management works well with their employees and sets a solid tone for the workplace.

8. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service/Support Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Support Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere great supervisors clean offers lunch to employees free parking great coworkers. A real family like environment.

Cons

I can not think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Mar 25, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed some great company perks! -TTIFC Engagement Team

9. "Improving"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Working at TTI Floor Care can be very rewarding. Advancement can happen quickly, and the company is dedicated to helping its employees fulfill their professional and personal career goals. I feel empowered to make a difference in my work, and my manager and colleagues care about my ideas. There is plenty of collaboration between teams, which is made even better considering the strong talent at TTI. I'm continually proud of the work we put out.

Cons

I have seen TTI Floor Care undergo a good deal of change, a lot of which is still happening. The company relocated from Cleveland to Charlotte and some of the best talent and knowledge was lost in the change, meaning most of the workforce has been employed with TTI for about one year. While this means new employees have real opportunities to make a difference, it can be difficult for a "veteran" like myself to been seen as anything other than being stuck in old ways. Additionally, the newness and change means some processes have been lost or fallen apart. These are being rebuilt and improved, but in the meantime the workload can feel stressful and overwhelming. Some thrive in this environment, some don't.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for processes to be in place. All in all, the company is moving in the right direction, but the day-to-day of your employees can be greatly improved with a little more structure.

Mar 25, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Employees such as yourself help us to achieve top innovation in a demanding and competitive market. In an environment that is ever growing and changing it’s so ... More

"Payroll and Benefits Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

People for the most part were nice. Lots of events and after/during work events.

Cons

Upper management is clueless on how to run a large business. Massive layoffs. Less events could have saved jobs. Waste a lot if money, such as CEO getting his coffee and food reimbursed by the company everyday and making more then anyone who works there...but does massive layoffs...all the money he spends of food he could have saved a job.

Thank you for your review. -TTIFC Engagement Team

"Unpredictable Place to Work – Here today looking great, gone tomorrow with no warning"

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

Great people, Great looking office environment. Lots of social parties.

Cons

With promises of 'strong' future, hire people vociferously with 'great plans' only to lay off people very suddenly with NO warning. (always heard 'we had to make change' to adjust for economics). Longer hours and diminishing schedules with less and less people.

Advice to Management

With the turn over rate that comes and goes - it's hard to feel loyal and important. Everything seems like a facade, especially with the turn-over. (even since we moved from Ohio)

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that with the relocation of our company we lost many tenured employees. We appreciate the extra time you put in while the company continues to establish ... More