TTI Floor Care North America Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gary Scott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is terrific, the managers are not timekeepers but people are held responsible for their work product (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, Great looking office environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is clueless on how to run a large business (in 13 reviews)

• Each new president had a different idea/direction for the company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Recommend For Future Growth"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate and driven at the highest levels. Consumer focused company with excellent marketing and engineering talent. Fantastic support from parent company TTI, on down through entire organization.

Cons

Floor care is a competitive marketplace, but strengths of parent corporation and leadership give TTI Floorcare a strong advantage in the future.

2. "A great environment for learning and growing a career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative and flexible leadership that values entrepreneurship and ambition. The organization is always looking for ways to improve or be more innovative with their products. As well as ways to improve their employees both professionally and personally. Small teams give employees an option to get involved in many different aspects of the business as well as have good visibility to senior leadership. Very team orientated environment with a lot of pride around products and brands.

Cons

The pros can also be cons at times. Because teams are so lean, you will work hard, but you'll accomplish more than you thought possible and be better off for it!

3. "Solid Job."

Former Employee - IT Technician
    Former Employee - IT Technician

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Nice pay
    Solid benefits
    Secure job

Cons

Can be a bit boring; It's a vacuum cleaner company after all. Not the most thrilling work, but it's an honest job with good folks and pays well.
    Can be a bit hard to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be so afraid to change! Lots of old processes and technologies seem to be in place simply because "That's the way we've always done it."

4. "Amazing Place to Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Charlotte, NC

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning at TTI has done so much for my career aspirations. It's helped me grow personally and professionally. It really showed through how much effort they put into creating the internship program by allowing us to talk with different executives and different parts of the company. My manager and all the other teams were so helpful and welcoming. They really showed that they cared by teaching me everything that I needed to know and made me feel like I was a part of the company. I would 100% recommend interning here.

Cons

Literally nothing. Seriously. Everything was great.

"Not my worst job, but....."

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

Really nice people who want to help the company succeed.

Cons

Too much turnover and really poor decision makers in upper management.

Advice to Management

Bring in some people that understand selling and marketing. Invest in R&D and stop flying by the seat of your pants with what you think is innovation.

6. "A Few Minor Tweaks and it Would be Great"

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

- Very nice, modern work space
    - Lots of people with many years experience to learn from
    - Able to have a large impact on what the product becomes
    - Fast-paced
    - Good office environment/people to work with
    - Seems like opportunity to grow (so far)
    - Ability to work on lots of different products

Cons

- Lots of projects have too short of timeline
    - Too many projects for the amount of people available to work on them
    - Need more people with varying levels of experience that can then develop
    - Good bit of upper management movement

Advice to Management

Slow down project schedules, so teams are able to put out a product that is the best it can be, thus sell well in the market. Start developing teams with different levels of knowledge.

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate the hard work that our employees put in to support our strategy! –TTIFC Engagement Team

"Disfunctional Organization for Decades...Stay Far Away!"

Former Employee - Management in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Management in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New location in Charlotte is nice...but ultimately will fail.

Cons

Morally bankrupt senior management stays, but everyone else is expendable. I was hired away from a great company to hire an entire department...with promises that they never intended to fulfill. After hiring a large staff, all obligations were recinded. Within two years, everyone in the department, including me, had left the company. More accurately, we fled the company. During my tenure, nearly every person in management was fired or fled to another company. There have been at least three entire staffs (hundreds and hundreds of people) whom have come and gone within the last five years! It became very difficult to hire in the Cleveland area due to the division's terrible reputation. Senior management's response- move the office to Charlotte and replace nearly everyone...again. After a long and successful career elsewhere, I will describe the place as the most disfunctional and toxic environment I've ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Do your employees a favor...resign, retire, or take another job. The last five years has seen the entire workforce turn over at least three times. Do not promise new hires what you never plan to deliver. When you make mistakes, take responsibility for your actions; don't sacrifice your staff to save your neck. Get a clue.

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience while employed by TTIFC in Glenwillow, OH. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. -TTIFC Engagement Team

"Great facility, fantastic coworkers, but concerning outlook"

Pros

Backed by a parent company with deep pockets willing to take some chances--which is really great to have that freedom. There are some great people in the department I worked as well as across the company both professionally and personally. I truly did make great friendships and business connections.

Cons

Systems and infrastructure were literally laughable. Honestly, IT would laugh at the systems, which added extra hurdles to getting things done. It was also frustrating to see certain VPs areas getting massive investments while others were stuck in ruts. This caused more rifts between teams when the disparity became obvious.

However when things were coming up short of budget, sweeping cuts were made which, coupled with poor communication in general, led to huge dips in morale. While myself and everyone working in professional America understands layoffs can and will happen, the feel I got was that people understood cuts due to poor performance but didn't understand the way some favored employees constantly gained coming out of the process.

Advice to Management

Leadership was unique in that most came from the same place and led it like the organization they were all trying to get away from. Above all else, develop a good business plan and be proactive instead of reactive and all will be okay.

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with the wonderful team members at TTI Floor Care. In response to your cons, we understand that upgrading systems and infrastructure are extremely... More

9. "On-Boarding New Hire Review"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Communication from HR and Management. My on-boarding process was very smooth. Melanie did a fantastic job in helping me get up and running.

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

None

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review on your new hire experience! Glad to hear you are off to a great start! -TTIFC Engagement Team

"Initially great perks, but dysfunctional/unsure what they want."

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Given the input required of me to work for TTI, I would say my salary and benefits package was great. I had friendly managers to boot.

Cons

The job I had was something that could easily be cut from the company and guess what happened? After working for them for less than a year, the job was cut. I find that this company has a bit of old-fashioned mindset from the CEO. Their brands are aging brands that are reacting a little late to the shift in market demands and now they are scrambling to play catchup.

Advice to Management

To react to the innovations in your field will kill you. You've got to think ahead.

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. -TTIFC Engagement Team