TTI Floor Care North America Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

TTI Floor Care North America Inc. Reviews

Updated January 24, 2019

Gary Scott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They respect your work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Great people, Great looking office environment" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is not trusting of employees and their knownledge to do their jog" (in 19 reviews)

• "Upper management team has been brought in from other companies and does not know market" (in 5 reviews)

1. "A Learn and Grow Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity abounds!! Because TTIFC is a fast paced and engaging environment I’ve seen many opportunities to expand my skill set and grow my career, both vertically and laterally. There are so many opportunities to jump in on extra cross-functional projects that can teach you more about the business. I feel like this is an environment that rewards hard work and makes sure employees are acknowledged for their contributions. Also, the team is great. I truly enjoy seeing the people I work with every day and value them not only as coworkers but as friends.

Cons

You will work HARD but you’ll know you’ve made an impact and will be appreciated for it.

Jan 28, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thank you so much for leaving a review on your experience with TTI Floor Care. We're glad to hear that you feel like this is a rewarding and engaging place to work !

2. "CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Solon, OH

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are very good

Cons

Management needs to be better

3. "Good Company"

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

Company car, other perks included

Cons

None that I can think of

Jan 3, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thanks for the review! We’re glad to hear you enjoy working for TTI Floor Care!

"Not a stable company. Long term prognosis seems poor."

Former Employee - Finance
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent, the salary was fair. Open office concept. Great immediate team to work with. Long ago the company had an energetic and excited atmosphere. That's long gone. The "worker bees" worked hard, and did what they could to help the company succeed. Immediate superviors were excellent and understood employees needs and busy lives.

Cons

Upper management was a joke. They are concerned only with the bottom line profits which are skewed by sales. I spent a long time of my adult career with this company 15+. They do not value the members that knew their outdated systems, they simply let you go without evening knowing what you contributed. They make changes on a whim. It is not a stable company. Communication is poor, processes are poor, training is poor, advancement is poor. Everything with HR is online, not sure why there is an HR rep. When someone was let go, necessary positions were not backfilled, work was simply divided up to those that remained. Eventually, you were really not sure what your job was because you had so many. Outdated systems, no cross communication. No training, or references to look up your own duties.

Advice to Management

Know what your employee's do before you make company changes. If you let people go it's kind of imperative to have replacements properly trained. That means you need to know what the previous employees did. Think outside the box with engineering, none of TTI's product ideas are innovative or exceptional anymore. It's sad to see such strong reputable brands run into the ditch. Develop training and processes across the board, they did not exist. Stop letting your big box customers run your company. I was with your company well over a decade, the only reason I did not leave of my own accord was because I was to invested by the time I was let go, which I'll admit was very sad. I simply bid my time and rode out watching waves of people laid off every time management panicked over market changes. It would help if upper management valued the people that really put their heart and soul into this company. And stop making frivolous expenditures, this would include business expenses, unnecessary travel costs, technical equipment for positions that do not require it. The place over the years turned into some type of high school popularity contest. The office layout was even modelled after Mark Zuckerburg, which is not appropriate for all departments. Make smarter innovative changes that will reflect your ebb and flow with market conditions and you won't sink.

Jan 29, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thanks for leaving a review! We’re glad you’ve enjoyed our open office concept and teammates. We understand your pain point around the use of outdated systems and over the past few years we’ve... More

5. "sales"

Pros

good place to work at

Cons

challenging but rewarding because of work

"Decent pay/benefits and horrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Good work/life balance
    - Good culture committees

Cons

Oh where to begin....

The company operates on a marketing/business schedule from the 90s, the data systems and platforms are from the 80s and their management style is from the 70s.

The company doesn't treat their employees like people when it really comes down to it. We're just numbers on a page. At the end of the year if they're trying to hit their budget they'll "lay off" any employee, regardless of performance.

Advice to Management

You know what's wrong but do not have the integrity to do what needs to be done. Stop reacting to the marketplace, don't rush your products/copy what competitors or your sister company is doing. Think about the bigger picture and not just the short term wins. If you truly want to own the floor care landscape and gain share then you have to look at the bigger picture, invest first in your people, then your products, and finally in the marketing to back up those products. Yes, you may not see a lot of immediate wins but truly investing in something to make it GROW requires investment without immediate payback. But again all this company cares about is making $ for the shareholders and upper management. I guarantee if any of the sales leaders and upper management had refused their bonuses there would have been few maybe even no lay offs of employees, employees with families and bills to pay. Way to go TTI.

Jan 29, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback! We’re disappointed to hear that you do not feel like we treat our employees like people. We actively invest in programs to make sure that... More

7. "Energetic and positive work environment"

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

Great culture and employee engagement.
    Management is very helpful.
    Positive work environment.
    Awesome benefits package.
    Career growth and opportunities.

Cons

I have no cons.

Jan 3, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear you enjoy our work culture and environment. Providing our employees with opportunities for career growth is very important to us so we’re... More

"Avoid like the plague"

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, and work/life balance are decent and competitive. The anxiety attacks you'll have may not be worth it.

Cons

Innovation is stagnant and they're losing market share to several competitors. They re-org and lob heads every 3-4 months. Directors and VPs are nice to your face and will sell you out the second they need to save their own hind ends, and a few of them are outright snakes in the grass. It's a shame that rising in the ranks in corporate America often means giving up a genuine interest and concern for the people who work for you, and TTI is no exception.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your people like commodities. Invest in them and get them training. Quit re-orging every 5 seconds.

Jan 3, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

We greatly appreciate the time you took to leave a review of TTI Floor Care. We care deeply for our employees and their development within our organization and are disappointed to hear that your... More

"Poor Leadership, “Group Think”, lack of deep market understanding. Dated & Condescending management style."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open office environment, flexible work schedule. Good opportunities for promotion for younger employees. Above average pay for some roles. Excellent healthcare and retirement benefits.

Cons

Lack of understanding about the market &industry pervades the company. Lots of younger employees who are eager & want to learn, but a lack of experienced middle management team members hinders effectual product management & effective teamwork. Senior Management uses a dated bi-annual business review process rather than open, honest ongoing work dialogue with team members, operates with a very condescending tone towards employees. Many employees worked together at a prior company & that is their frame of reference - ideas & viewpoints that differ from that “group think” are dismissed, which is sad because their style isn’t working (evidenced by long-term slide in market share & profitability). Restructurings and layoffs are commonplace. Great brands, but no unifying strategic or marketing plan for the brands - just bouncing from one failed product idea/launch to the next - too quick to abandon plans based on short term results. No investment in TTI Floorcare from parent TTI, they would rather focus and grow the more profitable tool business.

Advice to Management

Get out & learn about the industry and customers. Research how modern companies rapidly react to changing market demands via focus, attention and product learning. Listen to employees & industry stakeholders.

Jan 3, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thank you for your response. We’re sorry to hear that your experience thus far has been less than stellar. While we do encourage our employees to refer past colleagues that they see as proven... More

"Great people, poor management, lack of plan"

I worked at TTI Floor Care North America Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are great and have desire to perform.
    Social events
    Open environment
    Nice office space
    Fast advancement opportunity for marketing personnel

Cons

Upper management inexperienced
    Upper management likes looking at metrics but has lack of understanding how to address
    Upper management does not allow time for proper planning due to pressure from corporate to perform
    Corporate management meddling in business without understanding Floorcare market, they try to run like the power tool business that is mildly successful.
    Lack of advancement for overall organization outside marketing roles, Engineering roles are limited in advancement opportunities unless you are considered a rising star by upper management.
    Once you give and answer to Gary that he doesn’t like you are pretty much on the outside and advancement becomes stagnant even if you were a “rising star” at one time.
    Upper management preaches work/life balance but then expects availability 24/7 especially to become rising star
    Running out long term employees with great experience in favor of younger inexperienced employees
    Frequent “reorganization” (over last 5 years it has happend at least 2 times a year)
    HR is not invested or interested in people, they are there for some reason to perform for upper management and their whims.
    HR tries to implement social teams and social activities to cover for multitude of sins
    Middle management is good but limited in effectiveness since Gary has single handed control over all decisions
    Schedules have become the priority and quality has been compromised.
    Decisions are based on personal preference or belief (upper management and corporate) rather than based on actual feedback and data.

Advice to Management

People with experience have been let go or have decided to leave on their own due to your lack of effective management which has led to stagnation and even downturn of brands that were once great brands. You have allowed other brands to innovate and take market share while handcuffing your own team. Moving to Charlotte has been a huge mistake and seemed like the decision was made solely because that is where management team lived when taking over and they made a promise to their children that they would not make them move anymore.

Jan 3, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruitment Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to hear that you believe the people at TTI Floor Care are great and have a desire to perform. We are very proud of the team we have... More