TTI Texas Reviews in Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

TTI Texas Fort Worth Reviews

Updated August 29, 2017

Fort Worth, TX

3.5
TTI Texas Chairman and CEO Paul E. Andrews Jr.
Paul E. Andrews Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance and coworkers (in 7 reviews)

• I've had several opportunities to move up within this business, great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The stability offered by TTI combined with the ability to make a difference and great work life balance over shadow any con I could add to this list (in 3 reviews)

• Bad management , smelly bathrooms and lunchrooms, no parking spaces for senior management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good amount of vacation, good benefits. Lots of training and guidance.

Cons

No complaints keep doing a great job.

"I wish Ihad left sooner"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a position where everything is spelled out for you and there is no expectation for you to do anything beyond a cookie cutter job this is the place for you. many positions within the buying department are very restricting and leave little to no room for innovation within their daily task. Very much do A, B, C day in and day out and never try to change any function of A, B, or C.

Cons

I feel like this company could be so much more than what it is. Besides horrible benefits and a contract employee environment. TTI is still using main frame for a purchasing system. There is only growth within the buying area if you are male. There is a poster up in the break room of an advertisement that mimicked the best little whorehouse in Texas movie. An add that was actually printed in an industry magazine that should no longer be celebrated by the company. I also found many of the older employees who are in leadership positions to be out of touch with what leader should be like today. This is very much a CYA environment that uses manual reporting and processes to point fingers and place blame rather than a place that looks at the big picture and makes sound logical purchasing decisions. At the time of my employment with TTI I was making above aver pay for my position. My choice to go elsewhere came about when a coworker/friend was offered a position with a competitor making $16,000 dollars a year more for the same position. Reading through some of the previous comments that TTI posted in response to other reviews makes me sad. They claim that they are meeting or exceeding Industry averages, but that, much like a lot of what I was told before accepting a position with TTI, is a lie. After working for this company for 3 years I did not realize how bad employee moral was. Many of the product managers and directors lead based on intimidation and fear. Looking back I can now identify many tactic that were used by the various product managers I reported to. In most cases these tactics were used to make the individuals that reported to them feel like they were not capable of doing the job and continually control their group. Now I am in a position elsewhere and I am to see just how bad and un-ethical of an environment TTI was.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to what individuals are saying in their exit interviews. I can list several things that I could take TTI to court over. I would not be surprised to see a group of employees that have left the product/buying depart over the last 18 months come together in a lawsuit. I sat in a cubical with 3 guys where I listened to comments about a female vendors breast size and frequency of her sexual activity. I listened to them laugh and joke about other employees one daily basis. I have heard rumor after rumor about a certain product managers affair with a hr representative and there interaction with each other during the dream team trip. To speak up against this was impossible if you wanted to keep your job. A year or so after I started I watched a girl be singled out and ultimately fired over speaking up about issues surrounding sexual harassment. Then a year or two later I watched one of my best friends go though the same things when she finally started standing up for herself over the treatment she was receiving from her manager. Both females were singled out and harassed by their direct managers. Both were blamed/punished for things they did not do, as well as, things/purchase order processes that the entire buying group did on a daily bases. My friend, the second employee, ended up in therapy and was days away from going on medical leave due to the effect stress of everything she was going through with her two product managers. Though her issues where not centered around the above sexual harassment it did involve race and gender equality. Luckily she was offered a position elsewhere before taking such a drastic step. It was not until after she had left that I actually found out about the nightmare of what she went through all the way up to a job review that was so bad that someone should have compared it to all of her previous reviews. Taking a few moments to do so would have thrown up so many red flags. She had went to hr and it did no good. The bullying she received from her product managers was amplified to the point she began seeing a therapist and was in the process of waiting for a psychiatrist to complete paperwork so she could take a leave of absence. This stuff should not be happening in todays work place. It is un-acceptable.

3. "Nice people, but little growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment where most people are friendly and polite.

Cons

Lots of tenure here so your chance of moving up is limited until people retire. Management can block you from applying to another position within the company if they don't want you moving

"Just an "ok" place to get some experience and move on."

Former Employee - Corporate Product Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Product Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some people are nice, bathrooms cleaned daily, trees to park under in parking lot, kind of comical to watch management hit on the young college girls they hired

Cons

Aging workforce with no desire to fix it. Salary was subpar and I was repeatedly told to make more money at TTI was to leave and work somewhere else then come back. Managers told me this multiple times along with ones that have done it themselves. This makes no sense to me at all! Why not invest to keep them if your willing to hire them later? The 401k sucks! They contribute .25 for every $1 up to 6%. Fully vested in 3years. End of 2016 they told employees their raises would be capped at like 1.5% because sales were down and they were building a new facility. The company makes plenty of money and it's not the employees fault you chose to put up a new building. Healthcare blows too. High costs on all fronts from paycheck deductions to when you actually do visit the doctor $100+. Some of this is curbed by the $250 they give you semi annually directly to your health savings account but it goes quick god forbid you get sick. There are way to many VP's at this company. Carpet is old and dated. All the old people get sick and start coughing causing the sickness to spread. The vents haven't been cleaned in what seems 20years and dust is visible in grates. Smoking is allowed outside and it seems half the people smoke, so if your a person cautious about their health I would avoid. They allowing smoking in "designated areas" but people don't follow the rules and you can smell it. I am surprised the city hasn't fined them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if this company tanks within 10years. Warehouse workers started to flee to Amazon and other jobs coming to the area because they paid more with better benefits. Buyers and product managers flee to other jobs or competitors because of better pay.
    ****Lastly they have been begging/forcing people to post good reviews here on Glassdoor because they were getting slammed so take some reviews on here with a grain of salt****

Advice to Management

Why supply advice?! I left already!

TTI Texas Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Sr. HR Manager

It is true, you have to take some reviews with a "grain of salt" and we realize that not all people see things the same way. It is important to note that we view many statements in this review as... More

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Compensation Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Compensation Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere between Upper Management and staff. Open door policies and the company treats employees well.

Cons

Really cannot think of any.

6. "OP1"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Great bosses and your first year you get a 50 cent raise every 3 months for hitting your quotas

Cons

1,500 deductible then they pay 80%. Highest raise per year is 50 cents after your initial 12mo

Advice to Management

Higher raises.

"Management is oblivious to the needs of their employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some flexibility in your schedule as long as you're friends with management.
    2 weeks vacation
    1 week PTO
    Nothing other than that.

Cons

Pay sucks
    Hard to move up or move laterally
    Say they promote from inside between 6-9 months- LIES
    Don't give raises
    Interview you for one thing and then switch it to a lesser paid version of same job. I.e. Sales/ customer service.
    Expensive benefits
    Threat tactics type of management style. They want you to be scared of them.
    They think of you as expendable.
    Beware. Do not work here!

As long as you have your head up managements butt and agree with EVERYTHING THEY SAY AND DO. Then you'll do fine.

Advice to Management

No advice. They don't listen to their employees so we've stopped talking. No use in fighting a losing battle.

TTI Texas Response

Aug 30, 2016 – Sr. HR Manager

Opportunities for promotion and lateral moves are available, and we usually have multiple candidates apply for consideration. Our goal is to hire the best candidate for the job.
    We have an Open... More

8. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great collaboration from team members and team leads within BDG. Management is sure to reward great performances in terms of portfolio/ account growth. Very professional environment and approachable upper management

Cons

Training is good but it doesn't really prepare you as much to be able to use their quotation system. Computers are old and are in need of upgrades

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to find other ways to properly reward employees for their performance.

"Product Buyer"

Current Employee - Corporate Product Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Product Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

TTI is a great company to work for! They are a very family oriented company with high morale. Benefits are also great and the pay is competitive.

Cons

There are no cons for this Company.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment, and pride themselves on a culture of hard work and continuous growth

Cons

I do not have any negatives about this company. Had an exceptional experience but was unable to be close to family

Advice to Management

The culture you preach to future employees is very true and is a huge plus for those relocating to work for TTI Inc.