TTI Texas Reviews | Glassdoor

TTI Texas Reviews

Updated April 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.4
TTI Texas Chairman and CEO Paul E. Andrews Jr.
Paul E. Andrews Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance and coworkers (in 8 reviews)

• I've had several opportunities to move up within this business, great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The stability offered by TTI combined with the ability to make a difference and great work life balance over shadow any con I could add to this list (in 3 reviews)

• Buyers and product managers flee to other jobs or competitors because of better pay (in 3 reviews)

1. "Tti company is highly reputable and competitive."

Pros

I will get a great opportunity to learn new skills from tti company. This company provides great opportunity and benefit.

Cons

It is a competitive company with worldwide challenges.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be mention a well and systematically run the company and challenges

2. "TTI Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

Great company. Good benefits.

Cons

Some branches are detached from corporate culture.

3. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment. Positive work-life balance.

Cons

Pathway for growth seems lacking.

4. "GOOD"

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

Paul Andrews is wonderful leader. The upper management is good but middle management is not really looked at just because the branch is doing good doesn't mean they are good managers.

Cons

Pay is not very good. Vacation time needs to be more for those who have been here for a long time. 4 weeks just isn't enough for those after 15 years.

5. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good amount of vacation, good benefits. Lots of training and guidance.

Cons

No complaints keep doing a great job.

"Could be worse, could be better"

I worked at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

- Easy 8AM - 5PM job (no take home work)
    - Paid Vacation

Cons

- It is hard to move up within the company
    - The job was always changing and the training wasn't helpful enough

7. "cool job but need to pay more"

I worked at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

weekends off 2 weeks vac health and benefits when you start

Cons

okay management stand and one spot all day cant talk feel like u in school

Advice to Management

they okay

"I wish Ihad left sooner"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a position where everything is spelled out for you and there is no expectation for you to do anything beyond a cookie cutter job this is the place for you. many positions within the buying department are very restricting and leave little to no room for innovation within their daily task. Very much do A, B, C day in and day out and never try to change any function of A, B, or C.

Cons

I feel like this company could be so much more than what it is. Besides horrible benefits and a contract employee environment. TTI is still using main frame for a purchasing system. There is only growth within the buying area if you are male. There is a poster up in the break room of an advertisement that mimicked the best little whorehouse in Texas movie. An add that was actually printed in an industry magazine that should no longer be celebrated by the company. I also found many of the older employees who are in leadership positions to be out of touch with what leader should be like today. This is very much a CYA environment that uses manual reporting and processes to point fingers and place blame rather than a place that looks at the big picture and makes sound logical purchasing decisions. At the time of my employment with TTI I was making above aver pay for my position. My choice to go elsewhere came about when a coworker/friend was offered a position with a competitor making $16,000 dollars a year more for the same position. Reading through some of the previous comments that TTI posted in response to other reviews makes me sad. They claim that they are meeting or exceeding Industry averages, but that, much like a lot of what I was told before accepting a position with TTI, is a lie. After working for this company for 3 years I did not realize how bad employee moral was. Many of the product managers and directors lead based on intimidation and fear. Looking back I can now identify many tactic that were used by the various product managers I reported to. In most cases these tactics were used to make the individuals that reported to them feel like they were not capable of doing the job and continually control their group. Now I am in a position elsewhere and I am to see just how bad and un-ethical of an environment TTI was.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to what individuals are saying in their exit interviews. I can list several things that I could take TTI to court over. I would not be surprised to see a group of employees that have left the product/buying depart over the last 18 months come together in a lawsuit. I sat in a cubical with 3 guys where I listened to comments about a female vendors breast size and frequency of her sexual activity. I listened to them laugh and joke about other employees one daily basis. I have heard rumor after rumor about a certain product managers affair with a hr representative and there interaction with each other during the dream team trip. To speak up against this was impossible if you wanted to keep your job. A year or so after I started I watched a girl be singled out and ultimately fired over speaking up about issues surrounding sexual harassment. Then a year or two later I watched one of my best friends go though the same things when she finally started standing up for herself over the treatment she was receiving from her manager. Both females were singled out and harassed by their direct managers. Both were blamed/punished for things they did not do, as well as, things/purchase order processes that the entire buying group did on a daily bases. My friend, the second employee, ended up in therapy and was days away from going on medical leave due to the effect stress of everything she was going through with her two product managers. Though her issues where not centered around the above sexual harassment it did involve race and gender equality. Luckily she was offered a position elsewhere before taking such a drastic step. It was not until after she had left that I actually found out about the nightmare of what she went through all the way up to a job review that was so bad that someone should have compared it to all of her previous reviews. Taking a few moments to do so would have thrown up so many red flags. She had went to hr and it did no good. The bullying she received from her product managers was amplified to the point she began seeing a therapist and was in the process of waiting for a psychiatrist to complete paperwork so she could take a leave of absence. This stuff should not be happening in todays work place. It is un-acceptable.

9. "TTI"

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is room to grow within this company. I've had several opportunities to move up within this business, great people. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

The office building we're leasing is not great, but we should be moving on to bigger and better things in early 2018. Hopefully still in Wallingford.

"Priceless Experience - A Company That Truly Still Cares!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TTI, Inc. needs to get credit for the fact that they are an A+ Company to work for. Fabulous work life balance. Management cares about the employees. We go above an beyond to have appreciation luncheons, events etc. We are in a stable industry and this is important for me because I come from an industry that was highly volatile and would have have regular layoffs. This is truly a company I feel I could have a great career and retire with. I have been around the block in corporate america and I can say without a doubt this company is a diamond in the rough.....the grass is not greener outside of TTI in my opinion. The tenure within this organization is unheard of now days. It is quite refreshing.....

Cons

We do not lead the market in pay; however, salaries are fair and are in line with market averages. If you factor in the benefits, work environment/culture, people you work with, stable work industry, being valued and having a great work/life balance then you are making more than you could ever hope for. There are just some things you can't put a price tag on. I understand that you can not make everyone happy and that more often than not the bad reviews companies get on Glassdoor seem to be disgruntled employees. Granted, I am in HR but I love this company and wanted to take the opportunity to share why I think TTI is an amazing company to work for. Sometimes we forget to rate and review companies when we are having fabulous experiences.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It amazes me how leadership all the way to the top is so approachable and down to earth.