TTI Texas Reviews | Glassdoor

TTI Texas Reviews

Updated September 22, 2018

3.5
TTI Texas Chairman and CEO Paul E. Andrews Jr.
Paul E. Andrews Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Limited support nor understanding for employees to increase work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "Few opportunities to advance, low pay for the industry, difficult to get reviewed/get a raise, not even a small cost of living increase" (in 3 reviews)

"Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People are very welcoming and treat you with respect.
    - Good work-life balance
    - Fairly laid back work environment
    - Consistent industry growth. It's clear why people come and stay at TTI.

Cons

- Not a lot of vacation time for the first 5 years
    - A little old school on some of their practices (this can have its pros and cons)

Sep 24, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to share your pros and cons. Glad your experience with TTI has bee overall good. We are always looking at ways to make TTI a better place to work.

2. "Textbook Corporate America"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leading company in a high-growth industry with experienced, homegrown management.

Cons

Turf issues limit company performance and career opportunities. Salaries are low for those not on sales pay plans.

Sep 24, 2018 – HR Generalist

First congratulations on your 5 plus years. This is one of the greatest things about TTI, is the employee tenure. We are always paying attention to what our current and past employees have to say... More

3. "My experience has been positive, I have grown and learned a lot with TTI."

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, good work environment, people are friendly.

Cons

Low pay, advancement promised but it takes a very long time, a lot of talk but not a lot of action.

Sep 24, 2018 – HR Generalist

More than 10 years, how outstanding. Congratulations to you we are glad you are part of the TTI family. We always appreciate the cons, but like to pay attention to the cons to see ways we can try... More

4. "Great Environment Ok Pay"

Current Employee - Product Support in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Product Support in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Friendly Environment...
    Employee Family Culture

Cons

Slow Promotion Rate...least paid in industry

Sep 24, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your positive comments and sharing the cons. We are always looking for ways to improve.

"Old school"

Former Employee - Bdg Account Representative
    Former Employee - Bdg Account Representative

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work 40 hours per week

Cons

Way too old school with vacation/pto. Pto has to be used for a medical situation. Only 10 vacation days per year and they are very strict on logging your hours down to the minute for time off.
    Pay is extremely low and commission starts over each year so you never make more each year.
    Raises are not yearly.
    No room for promotion. I noticed that most people are kind of stuck who have been here a while.

"Ego Driven Management, Creates Hostile Work Environment, HR Does Nothing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Known for not performing lay-offs during economic downturns in the industry. Relatively safe place to work, once you are in if you can deal with the BS of the Vice Presidents. However, they have performed some lay-offs in the past so be aware that it does happen.

Cons

I spent many years here in the Corporate facility. Upon interviewing I was told that they were looking for new ideas and they didn't have people who where promotable so they were looking at me to come in and help. Upon being hired, nothing was further from the truth. During my first week, a VP called me into his cube and very directly told me that he didn't want to hear from me for a year, his boss didn't want to hear anything I had to say for 5 years and don't think about going beyond the Senior VP - ever. It is very much a "Corporate Kindergarten" environment. Sit down, shut-up, bobble your head "Yes" to any idea the VP dreams up. Don't offer suggestions or you will be viewed as "Challenging" the VPs. Which will eventually be your demise. I watched the VP openly yell at and cuss a Senior Manager from a Supplier, within earshot of a room full of the Branch Product Managers. I witnessed the VP create a hostile work environment. I provided Human Resources with a written list of examples, with dates and witnesses that spanned years - as a result NOTHING was done. I was told I had 3 choices, learn to work with this VP, find another job within the company (though I was told other jobs don't pay as well), or leave the company (though "we don't want to lose you"). After being set-up and backstabbed by the VP, I finally had enough and moved on. Should have done it years ago. There are many professional companies out there that would never put up with BS like this from VPs. The VPs are Ego Driven, insecure individuals who have no idea how to professionally manage people.

Advice to Management

Hire new VPs on the Passive side. Leave the VP on the Connector side as he knows how to manage people. He has the respect of the people under him. The people under the VPs on the passive side are just to afraid to find something else, or haven't yet been able to find something else, so they stay. Also, hire a Human Resource Department who will do something when direct evidence of a hostile work environment is brought forth. When someone lists clear examples in writing, with dates and witnesses - Human Resources needs to take action.

Jun 19, 2018 – Sr. HR Manager

At TTI we strive to uphold our mission of creating a ‘home’ for our employees which includes a commitment to treating each person with respect. We would never condone, or not address, a concern... More

7. "Goog"

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Better pay and have a living wage

Sep 24, 2018 – HR Generalist

I am so glad you feel we are a great company to work for. There have been some changes in our pay structure to try and be more competitive.

8. "Engineer"

I worked at TTI Texas part-time

Pros

Good hours for the most part

Cons

No time off until 3 years

9. "Tti company is highly reputable and competitive."

Pros

I will get a great opportunity to learn new skills from tti company. This company provides great opportunity and benefit.

Cons

It is a competitive company with worldwide challenges.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be mention a well and systematically run the company and challenges

10. "TTI Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

Great company. Good benefits.

Cons

Some branches are detached from corporate culture.