TTI Texas Reviews | Glassdoor

TTI Texas Reviews

Updated June 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good work life balance and coworkers (in 7 reviews)

• I've had several opportunities to move up within this business, great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The stability offered by TTI combined with the ability to make a difference and great work life balance over shadow any con I could add to this list (in 3 reviews)

• Bad management , smelly bathrooms and lunchrooms, no parking spaces for senior management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Overall Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance and coworkers.

Cons

Strict as far as vacation, PTO flexibility

"Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment, and pride themselves on a culture of hard work and continuous growth

Cons

I do not have any negatives about this company. Had an exceptional experience but was unable to be close to family

Advice to Management

The culture you preach to future employees is very true and is a huge plus for those relocating to work for TTI Inc.

3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

TTI is a really great company with a lot job stability. It's a place you can start a career, grow within the company, and retire.

My favorite part is the culture. There are always events and fun things going on during the holidays. Also, the people are amazing! Very friendly and always helpful.

Cons

TTI is very traditional. No casual Fridays and hours are a set 8-5, rather than a flex time schedule.

Advice to Management

Be flexible and open-minded to change.

4. "Good company"

Former Employee - BDG Inside Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - BDG Inside Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas (More than a year)

Pros

solid company with great people.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement.

"Acct Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to schedule time off when you want/need it. Good family-value oriented company with 42+ years of solid, stable business. Sales has some flexibility to manage portfolios; good education benefit (but watch fine print).

Cons

Few opportunities to advance, low pay for the industry, difficult to get reviewed/get a raise, not even a small cost of living increase. Years between reviews. Inconsistent management methods and no way for employees to provide critical feedback without backlash. Many long term employees do not feel valued because there is no incentive to stay. "Lucky to have a job" only goes so far, even in this economy. Sales staff can't see true cost of parts or 'back of house' discounts or deals being made at the corporate level, so at the end of the month, there isn't any way to tell exactly what the profit margin is (this figures into monthly bonus). Difficult to know what bonus will be month-to-month because of an overly-complicated pay plan. There is a maze of managers to go through to get pricing or special deals to quote customers, so quoting can take longer than the customer wants to wait. Salespeople not supported enough by support staff - sales does collections/accounting work, all order entry and management. Loads of time is spent performing administrative duties instead of selling. Sales staff are pressed to make deals to help management make their numbers and get their bonuses, but every point of profit given up means less money for the sales guy. Managers are paid on different dollar numbers, so a bad deal can still mean a good payday for a manager. Benefits are not anything special, and have been reduced significantly over the past 10 years. Very poor car allowance for outside sales. Yes, they have a 401k, but matching is minimal; insurance is really pretty lame, considering it's a Berkshire Hathaway company/ total #s of employees company-wide, not just at the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Find a way to pay your sales staff better, increase transparency in the costs of things so commissioned employees know what they're earning. Give employees a way to talk about issues without fearing being fired for doing so.

"Interactive Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Ok benefits
    Opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

Not as much work-life balance
    "remove" work not counted!
    Inflexible hours - no matter what department!

Advice to Management

Recognize that your employees can still be productive, even when working remotely. You should count those hours of work towards their overall work-week and not force them to "make-up" those hours in the office. Be more flexible with hours, especially office employees. For the plant and warehouse employees, it makes sense to punch in and have everyone take the same exact lunch hour, but not the office employees. Also - be more open to modern technology and ways of doing things (i.e. progressive thinking). Doing business "old school" but trying to be innovative in marketing isn't going to gel or be cohesive. Be open to new things!

7. "Excellent Organization"

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time

Pros

I have worked for TTI for over ten years. TTI offers great stability in a high growth industry. My Manager is great to work for, and I feel empowered to get my job done. Pay is competitive and work life balance is great.

Cons

While no company is perfect, the pros at TTI greatly outweigh the cons. The stability offered by TTI combined with the ability to make a difference and great work life balance over shadow any con I could add to this list.

Advice to Management

I think the management of TTI has done a great job positioning the company for continued growth in a very dynamic industry. I believe management generally cares about the TTI employees, and I recommend that that continue to be an important focus

8. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy interstate access, steady employment hours, great benefits, flexible/understanding managers

Cons

Bonus schedule low, cubes everywhere

"BDG Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TTI Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, tools for success are given to you, awesome support system, 401k, HSA account with employer contribution to offset high deductible health insurance plan, if you work hard you are rewarded with commission and new opportunities. TTI is like a second family!

Cons

Vacation days have to be used for severe inclement weather days even if school districts shut down - poses a problem for some working families.

Advice to Management

More team meetings to understand where sales are and where they need to be.

"tti story"

Former Employee - Computer Systems Administrator/I in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Administrator/I in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TTI Texas (Less than a year)

Pros

large company, u r not seen unless u r in upper mgnt

Cons

treat people like numbers, no loyality