TTI of USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 4, 2018

2.8
Lisa Kennedy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Decent work/life balance and employees usually get along" (in 2 reviews)

• "There is absolutely nothing positive about working in this company, it is the definition of a toxic work environment" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "But seriously, it'd be better to work at McDonald's for the next 40 years of your life than to let this place get its stink on you" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Recruiter at TTI"

I worked at TTI of USA full-time

Pros

Workplace atmosphere
    Many resources available

Cons

Workload can be over whelming at times

2. "Better Management Needed"

I worked at TTI of USA full-time

Pros

Decent work/life balance and employees usually get along

Cons

Management was not receptive of feedback

TTI of USA Response

Nov 6, 2018 – CEO

We're sorry your experience with TTI was not an enjoyable one. We are always striving to be a great company and that starts with our commitment to the employees. Would you assist us by providing... More

"The Best Decision I Ever Made..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at TTI of USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never realized how successful I could be as a competitive jerk I could be to my coworkers until the toxic environment here paved the way!

Cons

Basically, this place is eeek. Every recruiter I knew when I worked there is GONE. Every manager I had while I worked there is GONE. Everyone is gone either because they were fired, forced to quit via mistreatment, or got out when they realized how incredibly insidious the firm is. One time, I got a very, very solid candidate and was smiling and talking with a coworker. Lisa and her stooge walked by, eager to go outside for a break and stopped - asked what I was smiling about, which I told them. They made a face and continued on. The next morning, I had a 30 minute dressing down from my manager for SMILING. In the end, I'm sure that recruiting isn't terrible overall - and agency recruiting isn't always terrible, but this place put a sour taste in my mouth. I know, you need a job. I know, recruiting promises earning potential. But seriously, it'd be better to work at McDonald's for the next 40 years of your life than to let this place get its stink on you. Unless of course, you're a masochist - in which case, by all means, enter the frantic, manic, surreal space that TTI and Lisa falsely claim as an Empire. Oh, and all that stuff on their website is like years old --- from the way it looks, this place is even more raggedy and unsuccessful then when I was there and watched the foul workplace begin to collapse the business.

Advice to Management

Close up shop, move to the shore, attend AA.

4. "TTI is a good place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at TTI of USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lisa made me who I am as a recruiter. I owe her my career. Anytime I interview for a position I always start out how my career started at TTI when I sat with a stack of resumes and called candidates to learn the business and technology. She grew me from knowing very little about recruiting and the agency side. So if you are complaining you don't know Lisa. You don't understand her dedication. It is a small company and all she asks is for work to be done. Agency side isn't a 9-5 job. If you can't dedicate time to work with her and prove yourself, it isn't worth taking the job.

Cons

Intense enviornment, I didn't like employees fighting over candidates. It is a small shop and that can happen often.

Advice to Management

Make sure to be up front about needing to dedicate time, many millenials and the generation-born in the late 1990's don't get it.

"Can't trust management, they only care about their workers if you can bring them in a profit. No morals or class."

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at TTI of USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have no pros to share about my experience with this company to be polite, I'll just say neutral.

Cons

If you have other options especially with a bigger firm, go that way at least you'll have the backing of working with a major corporation and not a mom and pops location tring to do whatever they can to gain leverage to compete against the majors.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more dignity.

6. "Great place to grow and learn! Highly recommended"

Current Employee - Client Delivery in New York, NY

Pros

Fast paced
    Great learning opportunity
    They give you all the tools you need for success

Cons

The industry of recruiting is difficult but worth it financially

Advice to Management

Our leader is smart, committed and determined to make all of us successful as she is.

7. "TTI of USA"

I have been working at TTI of USA full-time

Pros

The CEO Lisa is the most generous woman I have ever met. If you are loyal and hardworking, she will do anything for you.

Cons

There are no cons. Just do your job and stay positive.

"TTI"

Current Employee - Client Delivery in New York, NY

Pros

In order to get ahead in life you have to put in the focus, drive, and time. They call it work for a reason because if you do work hard, you will reap the benefits and the reward. Recruiting and Sales can be a difficult arena but that's the industry ladies and gentlemen. But I guarantee that if you set yourself and your desk up, keep striving and "making that next call" and want to learn you will be successful. This industry is not for everyone and those that can't make it or don't want to put in the effort will never fully achieve anything in life. Your return on investment is what you put in.

I've been working here at TTI for 5 years and I still can't understand what possesses people to spend enormous amounts of time to write on Glassdoor to blame everyone else for their failure. Most of these write ups are from former employees who are disgruntled because the "gravy train" has stopped. They weren't performing their job and instead of owning their part they look to take down the CEO. Most of these people can't find a job or are on their 3rd or 4th job which is so very telling.

I've worked in three staffing firms in my career and as in every staffing firm there is turnover, because as I stated this is not for everyone. These posts seem like a personal attack on the CEO and this company. I personally know many people who learned this business from Lisa Kennedy as well as knowing hundreds of people she has placed. I have never heard anything but good things about her reputation and how she treats people, her integrity, her commitment to the people who work at TTI and the clients we are respected by. Is it possible that this "drunk" bipolar, screaming maniac could have stayed in this industry with the same clients for over 30 years?! I think the people that continue to write these reviews over and over again should focus on either finding a job or recruiting!!

Cons

Our CEO believes everyone deserves a chance and unfortunately the only con is she doesn't give up quick enough on poor performers.

Advice to Management

Stop accepting bad behavior from employees. There are people who would love the opportunity to work from home on Fridays, work life balance, continuous training and top salaries and commissions as well as bonuses when you perform.

TTI of USA Response

Sep 6, 2016 – Director

Thank you for your observations. As with many industries, the staffing industry has dramatically changed; technology has accelerated the pace of change, and all have experienced significant... More

"Shameful"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at TTI of USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My life has definitely changed since working here....after working here, I now know what hell is…so I’ll do my best not to end up there in the end.

Cons

At the risk of having this flagged and removed....TTI is a place where you can learn a tremendous amount including:
    • You are worthless, useless, and don’t ever do your job correctly
    • Loyalty is not earned, it’s bought, demanded, coerced, and forced
    • Insanity is the norm
    • You don’t have to be competent to be in senior management
    • You can never be honest about feedback….unless of course you are told what your feedback should be
    • Truth does not exist….everything management says is true, everything you say is false
    • If you are successful, it’s not because of you
    • The next new hire is the best thing since sliced bread
    • Dedication is overlooked and under appreciated
    • It’s better to gossip than to open your eyes to reality
    • It’s better to work hard, and not smart???
    • If there’s an issue, bring in a consultant, holistic healer, psychic, masseuse…that’ll fix it
    • You do not have your own life, and if you do, there’s something wrong with you
    • Training videos from the 80’s are the best thing ever
    • Professionalism is overrated
    • Privacy is not allowed
    • Metrics rule everything, not performance
    • No one is better than the CEO

Advice to Management

Isn't it obvious?

10. "Great experience! Summer Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

At TTI everyone is friendly and welcoming. I loved going into work each day and feeling valued/ appreciated. Everyone is available for help or just to talk, and I learned so much being here! My work was engaging and interesting, which kept me occupied.
    The CEO, Lisa Kennedy, is very approachable and has provided me with multiple opportunities to grow and learn this summer. She has also welcomed my new ideas and insights, which has allowed me to further explore my interests. All that I have learned here has provided invaluable lessons and experiences.

Cons

I loved working here and have no complaints!