TTM Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TTM Technologies President and CEO Thomas T. Edman
Thomas T. Edman

Pros
  • Good benefits for a large company (in 3 reviews)

• TTM offers good pay and is led by mgmt who knows how to achieve profitability in a difficult market (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Many disconnects between the process engineering department and upper management (in 7 reviews)

• No room for growth unless your are related to, married to, or friends with upper management (in 4 reviews)

"Avoid unless you're desperate."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at TTM Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people there are great and you can learn a lot from them, including about life. It's a huge learning experience.

Cons

Where do I begin...
    This place is riddled with incompetent management who get their way with employees by way of intimidation and false promises.
    For the type of work done at the facility, pay is mediocre at best (not "competitive" at all)
    Your personal and family life can go out the door here. Be prepared to work 8 (on a good day) to 10-12 hours (most common) 6 or 7 days a week unless you go to school, but even then, you will need to beg for more days off. Work every holiday too.
    Management is very "clique-y" with the clique itself running like a mob to a boss. Full of weasels and puppets.
    Little to no room for advancement. Management will tell you that there is tons of room for growth or opportunity, but it is all simply a lie to get you on their side (until you realize the truth).
    Too many hard working individuals there not rewarded and too many of the wrong individuals rewarded or given places in management. Too many people there who sit around and do nothing all day while the other half of people bust their behinds.
    Very toxic culture and environment. Low morale.
    In all seriousness, many serious life problems partially caused by the facility are very common around employees here.
    Unless you desperately need something, please avoid.

Advice to Management

Either leave and find jobs somewhere else OR begin to respect your employees and treat them like human beings rather than chess pieces to your cruel game. Holidays and days off should be respected.

TTM Technologies Response

Feb 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager - North America

Thank you for your feedback. Due to the nature of manufacturing, demand is higher at certain times of the year and we do ask employees to work overtime. We truly appreciate the hard work of all of ... More

"Front End engineering"

Current Employee - Engineering in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at TTM Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

DDI was good and profit place to work for. Viasystems put Milpitas facility in minuses profit by implement the process run in San Jose Facility.

Cons

let fix the equipment improve the shop. team work as it was.

Advice to Management

look at the jobs we do in Milpitas and compare to the jobs done in San Jose, different process.

"Drill Operator"

Former Employee - Drill Operator in Stafford, CT
    Former Employee - Drill Operator in Stafford, CT

I worked at TTM Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced work environment; Very important and cutting edge product

Cons

No team spirit; Constant mandatory weekends; Low pay; Gross mismanagement; General lack of respect for hourly workers; No advancement structure

Advice to Management

Reward hard-working ambitious employees and at least pretend to care, if only to boost morale

"Terrible Management."

Former Employee - Production Technician in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Logan, UT

I worked at TTM Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to interact with people, Co-workers were nice. Schedule worked well with outside life, Non-production friday was good

Cons

Management has no clue what goes on on the production floor. They don't pay their Shift Supervisors enough for them to enforce policies.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more involved in actually getting to know what goes on in the work place, They don't show their face very often, so when they do come around, it makes everyone nervous.

"No room for advancement"

Current Employee - Manufactoring in Stafford, CT
    Current Employee - Manufactoring in Stafford, CT

I have been working at TTM Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people on the floor are hardworking and dedicated to their jobs

Cons

Management uses threats to push their employees to meet their weekly goals. Making days off and weekends mandatory at the last minute . And unless you are a favorite of the present management you won't advance, most of the higher ups are related or married.

Advice to Management

Pay your loyal longtime employees what they are worth and stop using threats to get people to work. Some of us actually care about our jobs.

7. "Management bias to production numbers ,no quality."

Former Employee - Mechanic in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TTM Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of over time with no logical reason.

Cons

Deal with old machinery and without support.

Advice to Management

Make sure your mangers know their basics.

8. "Only care about statistics"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at TTM Technologies as an intern

Pros

Good pay for an intern

Cons

Management only cares about the numbers they are pumping out. They do not pay very much attention to the needs of the employee/operator. Most of management does not know what is going on within lower levels of operation.

9. "not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

nice co-workers other than that not much good about the company.

Cons

micro managed, no perk,no company activities, no coffee or water.

10. "Good. IF you are single."

Former Employee - Lab Tech
    Former Employee - Lab Tech

I worked at TTM Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Massive amounts of overtime. Honestly I have a hard time remembering if I even had a full weekend (Saturday + Sunday) off. I've worked 14+ days in a row before (is that even legal...). Like I said, if you're single, this job is great because you will practically live at work. Also the benefits were nice. Again, if you're single and have no dependents, the benefits can be great because you have the option to give the bare minimum towards your benefits (if you choose to.)

Cons

Say goodbye to weekends.
    Also, since my facility was 24 hour, depending on your position like lab tech or operator, the facility I worked at hired the bare minimum personnel for each position/shift so if your fellow position mate calls in sick, you and and your third position mate will work 12 hours back to back. (i.e, one person each on day, swing, and grave. if swing calls in sick, day and grave will work back to back)

Advice to Management

Push for more jobs to be done during the week vs. scheduling everyone to go into work on a Saturday to do 1 hour worth of work. (I've gone to work for my 8 hour shift and have sat at my desk for 6 hours straight before due to lack of actual work.....)

"Engineer"

Pros

It was a job and the paycheck always cashed. They had free coffee and snack areas with vending machines.

Cons

If you made a mistake they would counsel you, and then would hold it against you for the rest of the time you were employed there.