TUI Group Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
TUI Group CEO Friedrich Joussen
Friedrich Joussen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sensible work/life balance where possible (in 9 reviews)

• Trusted Unique Inspiring great people (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Assistant Marketing Manager"

I worked at TUI Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable and employee focused company

Cons

Pay is on the low side

Advice to Management

Work on establishing consistent pay scales - disturbing lack of consistency - subordinates sometimes making as much as managers. Men seem to make more overall.

"Don't know why the bad reviews. Pretty chill so far."

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Super relaxed environment.

-This place is dog friendly, has a drink cart on Fridays, and "just get it done" mentality. My boss gives me full reign of how i accomplish my projects. She just says getting it done is my business, that it gets done is hers. So i just take my time and go about things my way and submit them when I think its time.

-There is a program here where between 9-18 months, you can go on one of our shorter trips (10-14 days) for free as long as you help out on it, answer your emails, all that, ...and you get your regular salary too!

-I was told that work starts at 8 but, that its no big deal if traffic or my biking to work brings me in at 8:30 (there is a shower on site here. your mileage may vary), just stay a bit later or take a short lunch if you are too late.

-The people here are really in to travel. Like super into it. This can be a con if you aren't into it but, if you are reading this, you are probably doing research because you applied to a job here... because you are really into travel.

-Again, its just super chill here.
    -Also, this place comes with a gym membership.

Cons

-Dog friendly can be a con if you don't like dogs. I don't mind them, some people do.

-Very open. It's on you to accomplish the tasks you are given. Some people hate that. I love it. My boss just says, here's what needs to happen. I figure out how I'd like to go about doing that and she gives me full support. Some people need the structure of "do this, then that, and run it by so and so before i see it". You wont find that here. So, i guess that's a con?

-Gym is small and men's room only has 3 shower stalls.

Advice to Management

I would like more critical feedback. In each of my reviews, there seems to be a mentality of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." which is great and all, unless you are an employee looking to make improvements in your performance. My boss can be too chill in this way. I guess my performance has been nothing but positive or something but, i don't get any guidance for improvement. just a bunch of "keep up the good work, you are doing great". I've asked her for more critical feedback and she has told me she will generate some.

3. "Great opportunities to learn and expand"

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TUI has some of the best teams across many divisions and brands. There are many brands/locations that you could work, making this a potential life career. The benefits packages are excellent.

Cons

When it comes to the executives, there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Sometimes things are outsourced, just so that someone external can be blamed for failure.

Advice to Management

Own up to mistakes and delegate to internal talent more than you outsource.

4. "HR Business Partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, exciting industry, opportunities to advance

Cons

not all senior leadership practice the established TUI behaviors

5. "Great work environment, fun people to interact with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Friendly staff, interesting job meeting many new people every day. Head staff is always willing to help you out and you never need to be afraid to ask for anything. Very flexible in work hours

Cons

Mostly part time staff, you can't make a living only doing this job, ships do not come in every day. Sometimes travel is a hassle to get there.

"Great company to work from with lots of opportunities for promotion"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at TUI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office in Luton . Good benefits such as free parking , discount canteen , travel benefits , discount rail ticket , season ticket loan

Cons

Large number of staff means it can be impersonal. Management not always the best. Face fits culture.

Advice to Management

Ensure consistency across divisions.

7. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Pros

Salary is good here, an excellent work - money ratio as well as a good amount of days off between blocks

Cons

Long hours, unsociable hours delays, passengers that can be awkward, medical situations on board etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

TUI Group Response

May 24, 2017

Thank you for leaving a realistic review, there are times when work can be challenging and that is when our teams pull out all the stops to ensure our customers still have a fantastic holiday.

8. "TUI India Pvt Ltd"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at TUI Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Place with a lot of vision

Cons

Limited Global Expose to Indian Team

Advice to Management

Treat People Well

9. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Holiday Representative/Representative Supervisor in London, England (UK)

Pros

I worked over many season summer and winters overseas for the company and as much as its hard work you always know that the company is behind you. As much as I've worked in places before and just been a number I never felt like this with TUI. Put in hard work and you will be rewarded for it.

Cons

Sometimes I worked very long hours and I didn't do the job for the money. However they are one of the best paying tour operators

TUI Group Response

Mar 28, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Working abroad is a great experience, creating fabulous memories and making lifelong friends. All the best for the future.

10. "Need to interview business analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

multinational company
    good opportunity to move career
    good leadership team

Cons

1.it's based in Luton. 2. salary