TUI Group Reviews | Glassdoor

TUI Group Reviews

Updated June 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Sensible work/life balance where possible (in 9 reviews)

• You have the possibility to work nearly everywhere around the world (in 7 reviews)

"Bit shaky"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are brilliant.
    Health insurance is very affordable.
    Location is convenient.

Cons

Only 6 bank holidays
    Some departments are allowed flexible work schedules
    Uk team has completely different freedom of flexibility and working from home than the U.S. office
    US office gets the least amount of bank holidays,
    Not closed day after Thanksgiving
    Exec team is out of touch with technology and customer experience
    Micromanaged
    If you are a manager, you are not allowed to run your team
    Pay is lower than average

Advice to Management

Let people get their jobs done
    Stop coming up with ideas that affect many people and just throw it in their laps, get the people who are doing the works ideas as to when things can get accomplished. Treat everyone fairly, and equally.
    Actually give people raises.

"Things don't move fast"

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. People aren't very strict. Healthy work-life balance.

Cons

It can be hard to get things done, like working with HR and figuring out the bureaucracy.

"Luxury Travel, but employees are not respected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

You're constantly learning about new destinations for travel. Once in a while you can take advantage of a good travel deal.

Cons

Senior management does not support or provide enough resources to allow employees to do a great job. Staff is overloaded and overworked, resulting in low morale.

Advice to Management

Treat your regular employees better; they are the ones making memorable trips happen for employees. Treat employees with respect and compensate them appropriately.

4. "Great work environment, fun people to interact with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Friendly staff, interesting job meeting many new people every day. Head staff is always willing to help you out and you never need to be afraid to ask for anything. Very flexible in work hours

Cons

Mostly part time staff, you can't make a living only doing this job, ships do not come in every day. Sometimes travel is a hassle to get there.

5. "Assistant Marketing Manager"

I worked at TUI Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable and employee focused company

Cons

Pay is on the low side

Advice to Management

Work on establishing consistent pay scales - disturbing lack of consistency - subordinates sometimes making as much as managers. Men seem to make more overall.

6. "It was okay."

Pros

For a large company, certain members of upper management (MD/CEO) put a great deal of effort into allowing all employees to feel valued and involved.

Cons

There is a large gap in communication between Middle and Upper management which for a company with such large geographic distances between teams who work directly with each other is damaging.

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Be available. Allow employees to feel as though they are safe and able to discuss progress or issues without prejudice.

7. "Used to be a fun place to work"

Pros

Environmentally friendly, fun working atmosphere, open floor plan.

Cons

HR outsourced to shared services center based in another state. Most functions have been removed from the US office and returned to the UK.

"Don't know why the bad reviews. Pretty chill so far."

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Super relaxed environment.

-This place is dog friendly, has a drink cart on Fridays, and "just get it done" mentality. My boss gives me full reign of how i accomplish my projects. She just says getting it done is my business, that it gets done is hers. So i just take my time and go about things my way and submit them when I think its time.

-There is a program here where between 9-18 months, you can go on one of our shorter trips (10-14 days) for free as long as you help out on it, answer your emails, all that, ...and you get your regular salary too!

-I was told that work starts at 8 but, that its no big deal if traffic or my biking to work brings me in at 8:30 (there is a shower on site here. your mileage may vary), just stay a bit later or take a short lunch if you are too late.

-The people here are really in to travel. Like super into it. This can be a con if you aren't into it but, if you are reading this, you are probably doing research because you applied to a job here... because you are really into travel.

-Again, its just super chill here.
    -Also, this place comes with a gym membership.

Cons

-Dog friendly can be a con if you don't like dogs. I don't mind them, some people do.

-Very open. It's on you to accomplish the tasks you are given. Some people hate that. I love it. My boss just says, here's what needs to happen. I figure out how I'd like to go about doing that and she gives me full support. Some people need the structure of "do this, then that, and run it by so and so before i see it". You wont find that here. So, i guess that's a con?

-Gym is small and men's room only has 3 shower stalls.

Advice to Management

I would like more critical feedback. In each of my reviews, there seems to be a mentality of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." which is great and all, unless you are an employee looking to make improvements in your performance. My boss can be too chill in this way. I guess my performance has been nothing but positive or something but, i don't get any guidance for improvement. just a bunch of "keep up the good work, you are doing great". I've asked her for more critical feedback and she has told me she will generate some.

9. "Revenue Analyst"

I worked at TUI Group full-time

Pros

Great co-workers
    Always keep you busy
    Great team building exercises
    Ability to travel

Cons

Long Hours
    Not much room for promotion
    Low Salary

Advice to Management

Please provide a straight path of promotion and salary increases, as well as benefits.

10. "Great opportunities to learn and expand"

I have been working at TUI Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TUI has some of the best teams across many divisions and brands. There are many brands/locations that you could work, making this a potential life career. The benefits packages are excellent.

Cons

When it comes to the executives, there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Sometimes things are outsourced, just so that someone external can be blamed for failure.

Advice to Management

Own up to mistakes and delegate to internal talent more than you outsource.