TV18 Home Shopping Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "housekeeping"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesborough, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesborough, TN

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good amount of PTO time
    Good insurance

Cons

Don't listen to employees about the best way to do the job

2. "Not A company to join"

I have been working at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time

Pros

I don't find anything good here.

Cons

No good technology stack , Code quality is very bad.
    Nothing to learn very bad management No Hike , Recently all employees package slashed by 10% .
    Hire and Fire Company

Advice to Management

Please treat it as a IT company

3. "Work at home sales rep"

Former Employee - Work At Home Sales Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Work At Home Sales Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home, being able to not hav e to commute was great!! Pay was minimum wage, but for working at home it was adequate.

Cons

Company seemed to care more about the bottom line than their employees. My co-worker and I, hired at same time, same training, she missed a few more days of work than I, and my supervisor terminated me, her supervisor kept her on for another 8 or 9 months after I was let go. So there was no equal treatment in regards to having no PTO.

Advice to Management

Your employees help get you where you are.

4. "Sales Advisor"

Pros

Great work enviroment lots of updates to keep me educated with knowledge to systems used.

Cons

Company doesn't work of its employees to quick to get rid of employees if performance not at top notch.

Advice to Management

need more incentives to keep employees from getting burned out with sales and services. Over time operators repeatedly do same operations need to install changes in daily routine

5. "Leadership needs to be changed"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Noida (India)

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Got to work from scratch
    Decent Pay
    Bet big on people

Cons

Indecisive management
    unprofessional conduct by HR on policies and processes
    Timelines for appraisals/any functions/town-hall etc are not defined forget to follow

Advice to Management

Need to change strategies to bring back the brand of Homeshop18, else competition is tough and we are sinking!

By cutting costs you will loose best of resources and will gain nothing as is visible in your current strategy.
    If you need out of the box thinking. bring youth to your meetings and see the difference, need to give chance to people who can add value

6. "Homeshop18 misses Mr Agarwal"

Former Employee - Manager in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Noida (India)

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good pay package offered. No such work pressure. Supervisor was good.

Cons

List is long after Mr Agarwal (CEO) stepped out
    1. Bad appraisals
    2. Frequent Layoff
    3. Same products as it was 9 years back
    4. Culture has deterioted
    5. New management doesn't work for employees
    6. Basic amenities are missing
    7. Poor planning done by stakeholders because of which HS18 may soon see the worst day of its business
    8. I think the above 7 are enough to showcase how the company is now

Advice to Management

Change yourself. Bring back Mr Sanjeev Agarwal

"Not the best places to work in"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation. Nothing can beat the compensation you get when get the offer. They will offer a little more than what you ask for.

Work life balance is not bad. I mean, I can't expect to get paid for doing less work, right?

Annual party. They used to hold annual party and it started deteriorating.

Good Learning and the entire set up is in built. I worked in multiple projects in a span of a little above 1 year

Cons

Ok, as they say. Never trust the HR. they make false promises.

The compensation is very good when they give you the job offer and once you get into the company, don't expect any good appraisal unless you are the manager's favorite. Yes, there is a lot of politics

Recently, there have been layoffs and some of the finest and least paid workaholics have been laid off in the name of cost cutting. Cost cutting means, the highest paid employees and not the best working employees get laid off but I don't know what is the definition of cost cutting over here.

CTO's Favorite>Manager's favorite> Pay > hard working

Hard working is the last criteria. You don't get any recognition, unless you are the favorite.

I wish people knew how to become the manager's favorite.

Employees are not heard. Recently, there was a new "Coffee with CTO"! which was doing rounds and not everyone was given the chance give their voice.

Work like you are an animal!

When there were rounds going on about lay off, the CEO and CTO assured there was no such thing going to happen comforting the employees and in just a months time, 30% of the technology team received mails informing them about the meeting with the CTO and HR.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees.
    Read through the definition of Cost cutting
    Don't make false promises which you cannot keep up
    Don't do favoritism
    Try to understand who is working and who is not working. take action accordingly

Thank you for giving me the great learning opportunities and understand how the business works.

"Excellent company for Tech learning"

Pros

Excellent tech stack which will give you an opportunity to dabble in so many technologies which can give you overall competitive edge. High chances are you would be looking after a critical system in the overall eco-system.
    Very small teams developing and maintaining in-house eCommerce platform components which have freedom to choose the technology.
    Excellent tech Managers - not the typical managers doing people management but understand business and technology and yes can manage people too. The small overall team size anyway does not allow for room for only people manager. Also not very fussy Business analysts.
    CTO is highly talented and hands-on on technical front and is always leading by example. In short the proverbial CTO who codes.

Cons

For a beginner the tech stack / domain would look insurmountable although a good mentoring can help
    Recent layoff ( although the reason is ecommerce specific and not company) were not dealt sensitively and the management seems to be slightly casual in their approach with handling of tech departments. This might have resulted in many such laid off employees ranting on glassdoor about how the company is bad etc etc. and even personally targeting person. But all that is pure crap.
    Management does not have far-sighted vision.

Advice to Management

For a good future you need to invest and engage in people. Short term cost cut measures will take you only so far.

9. "lots to learn"

I worked at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

e commerce web site were lotz were der to learn as was a fresher finally i succeeed learning excel very fast and also photo editing

Cons

work will not be equally divided, people who are fast at work r pressured like nicely

10. "Good Learning .Bad work culture & amenities"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at TV18 Home Shopping Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Learning. Lots of new technologies used. People very good around you. Flexible working hours

Cons

No processes. Not much facilities. Cost cutting. Bad leave policy.

Advice to Management

A clear vision should be imparted to lower level