TWG Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TWG Insurance CEO Mark E. Jones
Mark E. Jones

1. "Great place to work and grow with if you are willing to work hard."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fairly young company, a lot of hires directly from college so it is a really good environment if you are in the 21-35 age bracket.

- As a quickly growing company (fastest growing independent insurance agency in the US) there is and will continue to be A LOT of room for advancement.

- The company does a good job of setting up extra-curricular events and rec league teams for the employees to enjoy. Dodgeball, Softball and Volleyball leagues as well as monthly happy hours and other events.

- For the sales side, the pay is as good as you are and grows overtime since you get renewals every year on the clients that you maintain. The longer you stay, the more you make regardless of advancement opportunities.

- Management has shown that they care about the well being and happiness of the employees.

- The company has strong ethical values (hard to find in the insurance world) and has shown time and time again that they will cut loose people who breach integrity or write unethical business (even top producers and tenured agents).

Cons

- Training can be arduous and a lot is expected of you.

- Like any sales position, it is very stressful (especially when you are behind) and can sometimes become overwhelming if you are not good at managing your stress.

- Especially early on, you will be putting in a lot more than 40 hours a week. But in this job, the more you work the more money you can make and the faster you will advance so if you are willing to work hard early and often it will pay off dividends.

- Benefits, while affordable, are a bit lackluster when it comes to coverage.

- If you want an easy job where you come in, chill and get on Facebook from 9-5 this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the service team as they are what keeps the machine well-oiled and running smoothly. They may not bring in the money, but they keep it here.

2. "Great place if you like insurance"

Former Employee - Client Advocate in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Client Advocate in Irving, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture was great, everyone there was super nice and always willing to help. During training, they throw a ton of information at you but they really want you to understand and help you in any way to learn the industry. Once on the floor, when you need help or have any questions everyone there is always willing to help. They also try to have events set up for the employees to get to know everyone better which is always nice. Breakfast from Panera on Friday, free beer when they do awards once a month.

Cons

You basically work in a glorified call center, so you are constantly getting phone calls. When someone is missing from work you can tell because of how many calls are on hold. They hire a lot of college grads that do not realize how little they are getting paid, and it settles in more when you are getting paid the same as someone that doesn't have a degree, which then gets you thinking as to why you even went to college. Another thing is that I found myself staying an hour to two hours after my shift was done in order to get through all the people I needed to call, you get faster with time. Another thing is that even though the people there are nice, there was ALOT of gossip, and one of the things I hate the most in the job place is gossip. We are all adults, there is no need for this in the office. Some people also see their position as higher than others at times.

Advice to Management

Don't really have advice but to keep doing what you are doing.

3. "TWG Summer Account Executive Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, young company

Cons

to much time spent training

"Lots of opportunity if you are willing to work for it"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like other insurance agencies, if you put in the work up front (the first three years or so), you get paid big dividends every year after. You can definitely make a lot of money within a few years and set yourself up for a cushy paycheck in the long-term. Also, you get the feel of managing your own clientele, which helps you build autonomy in your job as you progress in your career. The industry and this firm are very stable, so job security is high. The training program is very helpful and everyone at the company wants to help you succeed.

Cons

Even in interviews, you are informed about how tough it is mentally to do well in this job. The learning curve coupled with the small paycheck at the beginning plus long hours don't add up to be worth it for a lot of people. If you have a vision of your priorities, stick to it through the ups and downs and you'll fare better.

Advice to Management

Listen to the newer employees on the ground level, the ones who have been here 6 months to a year. They have a perspective that upper management and long-term employees don't and it's an important one.

6. "Amazing Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TWG is a relatively young company, since we've been around for only 10 years. This offers you the unique opportunity to grow your career with a company that is growing with you. Most managers have been promoted from within, so as the company grows that provides more opportunities to advance your position. The pay structure and compensation is excellent. First year agents have base plus commission and the next year are compensated solely off of commissions. The executive team is extremely knowledgeable and have the company growing in a smart, sustainable way. They also take input from employees and use that to improve processes or fix issues. I also like that depending on what you want out of your career, there is a defined career path that correlates with that.

Cons

The job can be hard work and you will put in a lot of hours your first year, but I don't think that is outside of the norm, since that will be the case just about anywhere you go.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I love this company and I see myself building my career with TWG.

"Best company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is young and vibrant and if you have a drive to succeed then you will see great benefits.

Cons

There is nothing negative about a career with TWG Insurance.

"Best career decision I've made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TWG offers a chance for employees to make an immediate impact in the company. Management is open to new ideas and input from all levels of employees.
    Competitive pay and benefits.
    Fun work environment, including extracurricular activities once or more each week.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but you will be pushed hard. Longer hours than some other jobs, but nobody successful works 40 hrs/week.

Advice to Management

Never stop innovating and looking for ways to improve.

"People here are awesome to work with and management maintains a steady vision of our personal and company goals."

Current Employee - Client Advocate in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment, Salary, Company Events, Pay Structure, Co-workers and Management styles make this a great place to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

One may find themselves overwhelmed with all of the information that needs to be learned during training. One may also encounter themselves with late hours if one doesn't keep up with the day's work load.

Advice to Management

No suggestions.

"Get in while you can"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constant growth opportunities, Open door policy with CEO, Outstanding training, Professional & Fun work environment, Top of the line technology and equipment, Warm leads handed to you on a silver platter, Pay based on meritocracy (con if you are not self motivated), healthy internal and external competition

Cons

Long Hours, Benefits are cheap, but can have limited coverage

Advice to Management

I have yet to come in contact with another organization or group of people with the same outstanding work ethic as the leaders at TWG. Upper Management is compiled of a group of very intelligent business savvy individuals. Every move they make is thought out and predetermined. Keep it up!

"The Funnest Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Client Advocate in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my current role with the company because of the atmospere that we get to work in every day. I love the people around me and we are always doing things to involve our front office with the sales and customer services teams.

Cons

We need more employees to help with the workload.

Advice to Management

Keep On Keepin On.