Cover image for TWG Insurance

80% Recommend to a Friend
84% Approve of CEO

Found 77 of over 81 reviews

4.0
TWG Insurance CEO Mark E. Jones (no image)
Mark E. Jones

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people here are great and I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work each day.(in 16 reviews)
  • "My manager and other employees are always thankful for my help.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Fun work environment and plenty of events/parties that allow for socializing outside of the office.(in 8 reviews)
  • "There is so much opportunity for those who want it, but success does not come easy.(in 7 reviews)
  • "If you're a machine and can grind it out for more than 3 years, you can make good money when your renewals start coming in on a large scale (top producers make 6(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Account Executive

Apr 11, 2018 - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at Goosehead, is being able to help other people find solutions with their insurance. An added bonus is you're surrounded with a great family of liked minded people. Since the day I started, I have felt more than welcomed in the office, and building relationships with my superiors and mentors is a huge Pro. More importantly, having coaches available to my everyday process. This is only setting me up for the mass amount of success that can be achieved here at Goosehead. The work environment is Great! Management is world class and having them as mentors through your process, just gives you the most grit and drive to making sure you're performing and organized daily.

Cons

The only Con is there is a lot to distinguish through the carriers. But rather than con, it's more of an educational process. It comes with time. Everything about Goosehead is tremendous and World Class.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

N/A

Sep 29, 2021 - Supervisor in Golden, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were no pros I can speak of

Cons

Bad benefits and low wages

3. Join the TWG Insurance team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Typical Sales Job

Feb 25, 2021 - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people and steady industry

Cons

Low starting pay, robotic sales calls, boring product

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great learning experience in building a business

Aug 9, 2011 - Director in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is great potential to move up and build the business. Getting involved from the ground up in a start-up company is rare, and I value the time I worked at TWG. The atmosphere is young, vibrant and energetic. This too is a rare find, and unlike many large companies where you only know the people in your department, TWG is much more inclusive and team-oriented. They are great with team-building activities and you do feel closer to your coworkers. Hard work is expected and if you apply yourself, management will recognize your accomplishments. The compensation structure for entry level salaried employees is competitive. TWG focuses on hiring very smart and future-focused employees, so it is a great atmosphere to voice your opinion on better ways to do the job.

Cons

Senior management during my tenure was for the most part young, so nearly all of the mentorship came from the CEO. In my experience I found it difficult to balance work and my personal life as there was always much more work than I could complete during work hours. We always looked for ways to re-engineer and re-organize methods, but with each efficiency realized came a larger workload. Coming in early, working late, working on weekends and on vacation was typical for me. Taking time off was difficult because of the amount of work that piled up while you were gone.

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Exceptional opportunity for ambitious, hard working, and entrepreneurial young business minds

Jun 16, 2009 - Director in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a former Client Associate and Director at TWG Insurance, I can attest that working at this company prepared me in so many ways to start and run my own business. I'd like to point out that I graduated with High Honors from The University of Texas and started two companies while I was in college. I had multiple job offers from top tier companies and I left like TWG Insurance was the best starting point for my career. I can tell you that I don't regret my decision for one second. I feel like Mark Jones and the rest of the management staff and owners cared deeply about my professional development. I can also say, without a doubt, that I sharpened my sales and management skills here to a point where I was able to found and run my own successful small company.

Cons

This is not a place for everybody. You must be willing to work hard, work smart, and invest in your career. This is not a job for lazy people or the "get rich quick" crowd; however, your hard work will not go unnoticed and will pay off in the long run.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Great learning experience

Jun 23, 2010 - Client Associate in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at TWG allows you to gain some of the core tools that you need to be successful in almost every aspect of your life. The six week training program is tough but solid, its basically like going through finals week in college six times back to back. Its worth it though, because after words you come out of it truly believing you can achieve anything. The management team has some of the biggest leaders out in the job market and will really work with you to make sure you succeed. The pay goes from below average starting off and stays that way for about three years, however after the three year mark it takes a huge leap and it is not uncommon to be making over $100k after just four years. -THE EMPLOYEES ARE AMAZING. The average age is around 24 and everyone loves to lighten up the workplace.

Cons

TWG does require commitment.. If you wish to be successful, expect to put in a couple 50 hour weeks a month. It is a typical sales job, which means when you are doing well, you love life and cannot wait to get to work each day, however when you are in a slump, all you want to do is place your resume on Monster.

11 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

TWG Insurance is the best place to work!

Aug 17, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love TWG Insurance and I love my career. I come to work every day knowing that I am appreciated and that I work with some outstanding people. My manager and other employees are always thankful for my help. The employees here are smart, dedicated and professional. The management teams and corporate employees consistently provide knowledge and expertise to add value to the company and make things happen. I not only trust these people as savvy businessmen and women, but I also consider them to be good friends. The aspects of a career that matter to me most I have found within TWG and they are: knowing that my contributions are recognized and appreciated, working towards a good cause, great opportunities for advancement and increased responsibilities, good benefits, and higher than average compensation. I honestly don’t know where I would be if I didn’t work for TWG.

Cons

You will not have down time if you work here. With high expectations comes great responsibility and increased benefits. If you work hard, you will be able to play hard too.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

TWG, a great place to begin a career

Aug 12, 2010 - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

TWG is going to teach you a lot about business, sales, and work life balance. Many jobs out of college don't offer a fraction of the experience that TWG offers. At TWG, what you put in is what you get out, and they provide the tools, leadership, and knowledge to make your goals a reality.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. You need to be hard-working, determined, great at sales, and have great time management. I wouldn't say that the pay is bad, but it is not a "get rich quick" job by any means. The money is there to make, but it will take time and hard work to get where you want to be. The hours are a bit demanding, as well as the stress to succeed, but any job with this much to offer should be honestly.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jun 2, 2010 -  in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. TWG is a great place to work! I love coming to work everyday and getting to work side by side with some of the most fun people. There is always something going on whether it’s a company lunch, company party, or a trip to the Rangers game. It makes the work days go by fast! 2. The employees at TWG are some of the most hard-working people I have ever met. We work hard and play hard. I love being part of a company that is so motivated to be the best in its industry. 3. Great opportunity! TWG provides the opportunity for employees to be promoted to management positions quickly. If you are willing to work hard, no doubt it will pay off. Many employees take on more management/training responsibilities after their first year with the company.

Cons

1. Overtime - This varies on your position. Sometimes you will need to work extra to hit your goal or to finish any work your behind on.

9 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

TWG is a great place to work

Jun 17, 2010 -  in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Being a part of a young, energetic, rapidly growing company is very rare, that is why TWG Insurance is such a great place to work at. Top to bottom every employee plays an important role driving this business to success. The employees are highly motivated, hard working and fun to be around. There is great opportunity for each employee as long as you work hard and have a postive attitude.

Cons

Each employee has to work 8-6, these hours are longer than most other companies, but the day goes by fast if you are working. Some people say the location is not the greatest, but the company is moving to the Las Colinas area in the very near future.

15 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews
</>Embed

TWG Insurance Reviews FAQs

TWG Insurance has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 81 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at TWG Insurance to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TWG Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TWG Insurance. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of TWG Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TWG Insurance 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TWG Insurance to be coworkers, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, benefits.