KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Salesforce
Engaged Employer

Tableau Software

Add a Review

Tableau Software Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 104 of over 891 reviews

4.0
Tableau Software President and CEO Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson
Pros
  • "Benefits and good work/life balance(in 89 reviews)

• "Great product & Innovative roadmap(in 89 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Since the company grew so fast so quickly, we experienced many growing pains along the way(in 51 reviews)

• "The company is growing at a good pace, however we need more space for everyone(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tableau Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing internship

Jan 18, 2021 - Intern in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture, people, benefits, work-life balance

Cons

large corporate culture may not be for everyone, Salesforce appears to have the final say even if Tableau higher-ups want something different which can be frustrating

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jan 5, 2021 - Member Of Technical Staff in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Good pay.

Cons

After integration with Salesforce tools get messy.

3. 5.0

Great company

Oct 9, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and solid pay

Cons

Not many cutting edge technologies and some low performing teams

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture and Company

Dec 16, 2020 - Deal Desk Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful Benefits - Fabulous and Progressive Culture

Cons

- Mandatory Overtime - Some issues with work-life balance

5. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

The Best !!!

Sep 22, 2020 - Sales Development Representative Intern in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Culture, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Competitive, Remote on boarding was difficult

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

Do not recommend the LATAM team to anyone

Sep 12, 2019 - Account Manager Latin America in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tableau is a great software. People love our product. Tableau's bootcamp is great, our SKO and yearly conference are very well planned and executed.

Cons

I've been working for a few months on the LATAM team here at Tableau, and I regret having made the decision to join this team. Managers, Directors and VP's should be people that truly care about your career success and make you feel empowered. Unfortunately, they are individuals that joined the company at an early stage and got promote into management which is a usual mistake companies make. Their idea of management is super old school. They lead based on fear, they don't allow you to have a work life balance, and they simply don't bring anything positive to the table. Most partners have warned me to never bring my superiors to any onsite client meetings. For people looking to join a LATAM team, I would advise you not to look at Tableau as a possible employer. Lastly, their compensation package is very bad in comparison to other tech companies.

10 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that truly invests in its employees

Nov 6, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great. Work/Life balance is amazing! Tableau truly seems to care about its employees. They make all kinds of trainings and workshops available to us. Things like leadership training, manager trainings, interview trainings, an amazingly impressive diversity and inclusion training session, trainings on using our actual product. It's beyond what I've seen elsewhere. Employee stock purchase plan is essentially free money. Super flexible with scheduling - although I'd say most all tech companies are like this. I love having access to an actual kitchen to prepare my lunches. The work is interesting and engaging. I feel like we hire very genuinely kind, smart, and thoughtful people. Teams can run with quite a lot of autonomy. The company is very active in getting and reacting to feedback received from its employees. I feel like we have the ability to have our voices and opinions heard by those higher up than us. Lots of opportunity for lateral movement.

Cons

Although you start with 3 weeks of pto, It takes a while to reach the next bump (5 years) Coming from a world where I thought a 10 second build time was an eternity, the 1-3 hour builds here caught me really off-guard. That can be quite the pain point. Things are getting better, and there are ways to work around the tremendous build times, but it can also be really rough for some people.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 9, 2020 - Web Developer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work life balance, great team, lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Salary is under market value.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Work Life Balance and Opportunities

Mar 16, 2019 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* My manager is one of the best I've had. They embody the mindset of using projects to grow the team, as opposed to using people to get projects done. I respect that a lot and see people on my team growing as a result. * People are really nice over here. They're all professional and support each other. It feels like the teams are working together rather than competing against each other. * Work life balance is amazing. 3 weeks starting vacation, lots of sick days, meetings are usually scheduled to start/end between 10-5.

Cons

* The company is growing at a good pace, however we need more space for everyone. You won't be sharing your desk with another person, but you may have to deal with finding your own parking spot if you drive.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tableau Software, Inc.

Jan 20, 2020 - Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, snacks, product, work-life balance.

Cons

Tableau has an opportunity to improve on compensation and growth opportunities.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 Reviews