Taco Bell Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Taco Bell CEO Brian Niccol
Brian Niccol
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food, great culture, decent pay (in 195 reviews)

• Good work culture in a fast-paced environment (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours are quite irregular once worked a 12 hour shift (in 131 reviews)

• They go straight to your state's minimum wage (in 83 reviews)

1. "gm, agm, shift, crew"

Former Employee - GM, Assistant General Manager, Shift, Crew in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - GM, Assistant General Manager, Shift, Crew in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great place to work. Very family like with the team!

Cons

You may have to work longer hours than scheduled

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation

"Hated My Job, Even Cried at Night"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Taco Bell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a pay check.

Cons

Terrible Staffing (always understaffed) - It would often be just me and a manager to close the store. I was often asked to stay and close when I was not scheduled to close.

Uncaring Management - One night my district manager was expecting a visit from the corporate office. That day, my mom got sick and had to go to the ER, but wouldn't go if I didn't go with her. I called my Boss and asked if I could go with my mom and her only response was "When are you coming into work?" Shocked and utterly hurt, I went into work with a very heavy heart. My mom didn't go to the ER and corporate NEVER EVEN CAME.

No breaks - sometimes I didn't eat all during full 7-8hr shift

Minimum wage, with no promotions or pay-raises.

Aside from two or three personal friendships I gained from working there, the management team didn't seem to care at all. I was a top tier, positive survey winning crew member who operated in multiple positions (i.e. Line chief, front cashier, drive thru) and I was only offered a pay-raise/ promotion when I put in my two-week notice. (I quite anyway) I worked every single day, most times until 4 or 5am. The terrible timing plus the lack of staffing stressed me out and threw my life completely out of wack. I worked hard for next to nothing. If I had not quite, they would have continued to use me with no benefits or incentives on my end.

Advice to Management

Provide more care, opportunities, and incentives for your crew members. Create a reward system, or something. Otherwise this is just a dead-end job.

"Very fun and challenging job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Taco Bell part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eat Tacos
    Meet new people
    Make friends

Cons

Very Busy
    Had to wear Hairnets

Advice to Management

More training

"Very hard work, on your feet the whole shift, unfair work practices"

Former Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None I found nothing beneficial about working for this company. All I got was corns and bunions. Don't do it to worth the wear and tear on your body.

Cons

Very long hours, mandatory overtime periodically, depending on manager no training.

Advice to Management

Inform employees before making schedule changes, people have other priorities especially when no notice if given but it's expected the employees give notice when time off is needed. Unprofessional people work for this company in my opinion.

"Hate my job here, its a suck up feast (Current Team Trainer)"

Current Employee - Team Trainer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Team Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi-flexible hours, at times you can get free food (varies based on Managers, some let you eat, others do not)

Cons

1. MANAGEMENT IS LAZY!- Don't get me wrong, there are certainly some managers who work hard and try their best. However, the majority of managers (especially the general manager and assistant general manager) are lazy morons. They sit on their butts all day yelling orders and never try to help out. They always place the blame on crew members who are forced to do all the work. Crew is forced to run back and forth, prepare food, clean up...ect while managers simply sit on their butts or walk around and "Supervise"

2. BRUTAL CUSTOMERS- This is one of the biggest reasons why this job is unbearable. The people who eat here are the pickiest, most demanding people ever. They thing that we must bow to them because "the customer is always right", a phrase which is moronic in my opinion, especially when the customer lies about a mess up order in order to receive free food (literally happens every day) .

3. CRAPPY PAY. Working at taco bell, you're suppose to receive a rise after 6 months or so. However this is not a reality. You start at minimum wage if you have no prior experience, which is completely understandable, but its difficult to get a rise. Expect for the managers who receive a bonus for work that the crew members do. Even as a Team trainer, i still make minimum wage.

4. SPEED. Every corporate owned Taco Bell is expected to get the Drive-Thru food out in 55 sec (during the day in weekdays) and 75 sec (night shift and weekends) Thats in total from when you arrive at the speaker, until you leave the window. This time varies from store to store depending on sales. If time is not meet, then blame is placed on crew. Speed is a big deal for Taco bell , and i know it is fast food, but it is difficult to make large orders in 55 or 75 secs. Especially when customers make it very difficult to be nice.

5. SUCK UP FEAST- This has been true according to all the TB employees i have meet, The only way to get ahead, or even get a rise, is to suck up to your Superiors. Laugh at terrible jokes, try to bond with them with fake interests, rat out co-workers...ect. One thing is for sure, hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Do work and show appreciation to Crew

6. "It's a great experience to get under your belt, and a great place for quick advancement"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC

Pros

There is quick advancement in the company. A lot of teamwork is needed and also built into the company's culture. It's a fun environment when there is a good team working.

Cons

There has been a lot of changes in the company that sometimes it gets difficult to keep up. A lot of politics in the company.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to some of the crew members demeanor and attitudes when arriving at a store, although they may say everything is alright, they are too AFRAID to tell you the truth!!!

Showing 6 of 2,985 reviews