Tactical Marketing Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Tactical Marketing Concepts President Grant Rorison
Grant Rorison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best decision I've made"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have the drive, the tenacity and the motivation to lead others, form valuable bonds, and ultimately make money then this place is a highly desirable workplace for not only yourself but anyone with a willingness to learn. I stepped into the office during my first round interview and discussed my desire to grow within a company, and decided myself that I could not grow in a company that already has grown to its full potential. The goal of Tactical Marketing is to take over the world, and as exaggerated as that may seem, they are a company that can do nothing but grow!
    Little did I know that I was about to be offered a position that not only satisfied that desire, but also has the friendliest work environment I have encountered since entering elementary school. It's sometimes hard to believe that I can make the amount that I've made already while having as good as a time that I've had.

Cons

The most challenging thing about working here, will be created yourself, through attitude and work habits. As long as those things are not a challenge for you to develop, Tactical Marketing makes everything else second nature.

"Wouldn't suggest working here"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA

Pros

Great energy , you will meet lots of interesting people and learn a lot of skills that will will help you in any other career field.

Cons

They tell you during interviews one thing but they do not tell the truth in depth of that they actually do. You do team stuff in the morning and then from 2-8 you work a long work day of going door to door selling things for century link and direct tv. You may go to thirty houses but only one person that day may buy something and your commission may be $25. This is a commission based place you don't get paid hourly. So you can work a full day and may get paid $25 total or maybe nothing at all. You might as well work at a fast food place and get paid hourly you won't have to work twice as much as you do here and get paid more. They also don't pay you for your training days. I didn't get paid for any training at all. I didn't sign any legal document saying if I don't finish training I don't get paid the days I work. Big screw over here

Advice to Management

Be upfront with potential employees and pay them like they were told you would when hired.

"This is the worst company to work for. They tell you they pay you hourly as a trainee but they lie."

Current Employee - Trainee in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Trainee in Federal Way, WA

Pros

There are no pros for this company when they don't pay you.

Cons

They work you long hours and don't pay you. I worked 55 hours and got paid $40. The bosses are very dangerous when driving you around. My boss got a ticket going 50 in a 25 and texting while driving. Not a good company at all. No wonder the owner is rich when he steals from his employees. Sad!!!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees and don't text and drive. Lives are more important then money.

"One word , BOOOJEEE"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Job in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Job in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the energy and enthusiasm from the employees are great , but that's it 😂😂😂

Cons

- They lied in there interviews . they explain how its very professional and all business but that's not the whole story . they told me it was NOT A SALES JOB but obviously that was another lie .
    - They wear BOOJEE suits and ties and heels for 2-3 hours and change into khakis and their company polo shirts .
    - the job is time consuming . they expect you in the office at 10am , at 1 we change into our "Uniforms" and go knocking on door to door till 8pm , arrive back to the office and usually don't leave til about 930pm .
    - they expect you to memorize a pitch and literally talk about it all day , everyday . they want you to come in early to practice the pitch and how to improve it . a "one on one" with one of the leaders.
    - they make the workers take their own cars out to the places with no gas or milage addition in our checks .
    - the places they send you aren't that great either . former employees told me bout many dangerous stories . is just not safe , cause it gets uncomfortable when customers ask for you to come inside their homes and we are expected to you .
    - walking , more like " speed walking " for 7 hours 6 days a week was way to overwhelming and tiring .
    - they give you a "territory" and after your 12 hours of work your also expect to map out your own doors for the next day . it usually takes me about 30 - 45 mins and I do not like that . after a long day at work I would like to come home a spend time with my family before the night ends but when I get home I end up still doing work for a BOOJEE job .
    - I had called out one day because my mother and husband wasn't available to watch my son while I went in to work one day and they expected me to hire a nanny online to watch my son . SMH !
    - I obviously didn't even finish my training because this job was too fake and ridiculous that I quit . but when I was out in the field I had a customer sign up . so when I went to get my check they only paid me the first two days of in house training and that's it . my commission ended up going to the company , that's unloyal .
    - the pay to this job isn't garunteed.

Advice to Management

Be truthful and loyal to your " future leaders "

Tactical Marketing Concepts Response

Mar 25, 2015 – President

I think what this anonymous person meant to say was Boojie which is a word derived from the french word, bourgeoisie, which means middle class. I don't think middle class is a bad thing. I was... More

"BELEIVE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS."

Former Employee - Accounts Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Accounts Representative in Federal Way, WA

Pros

- nice coworkers
    - atmosphere

Cons

- lied to at interview
    - no salary
    - door to door

Advice to Management

I was told that,this was NOT A SALES JOB. I go in for my first day, and see everyone change out of their formal attire into khakis and century link polos to sell door to door. I was cheated out of my time that I could've been spending looking for a real job. Very disappointing. Don't lie to kids in there twenties and maybe you wouldn't have bad reviews! No one over 25 works here because they are smart enough to realize what kind of job this is.

"Gaining hands on experience, business fundamentals and how to apply it to the business world as well as life in general"

Current Employee - Leader in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Leader in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a team lead I have many responsibilities, these include but are not limited to sales, training, data entry, interviewing and individual and group presentations. I am constantly preforming different tasks and my day goes by very quickly. My growth within the company is based off of my merit and ability to help others. I am excited to be apart of a marketing and sales company that cares about creating lasting relationship with their clients and employees.

Cons

I can't come up with anything I don't like about this company. I believe in merit based growth and working hard for the life you want.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity! Not many employers are willing to invest in their employees, thanks for the development!

"Hard and sometimes unrewarding work"

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the atmosphere
    I liked the fact that I got hands on training

Cons

It is twelve hour days with no guarantee of paycheck. I was supposed to get payed 140 on my paycheck, and I didn't get the agreed upon amount. All because I had to leave for personal and family reasons.

Advice to Management

If you say your going pay someone 140 for completing training, pay them what you say.

"Dishonest."

Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like door to door sales or people not telling you the whole truth, this is definitely the job for you.

Cons

They don't tell you the whole truth about your job responsibilities or your schedule. Directly asked my interviewer if this was a door to door sales job and was told no, but turns out he lied straight to my face. This kind of stuff should be illegal.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people. There are people out there willing to do door to door sales but I am not one of them, and it isn't fair to put people in the position where they quit their other job or jobs to work with your company and it ends up being the total opposite of what they expect, especially when they ask you these questions straight to your face.

"Work Place Gem"

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I stayed with Tactical Marketing Concepts for a brief amount of time, due to the fact that I had to leave the state for family matters. The experience that I had while I was here was so educational, and fulfilling. I am someone who has always carried a deep interest in marketing and sales. I have worked with different consulting firms around the area, however none of the other establishments I worked with offered such an organized system structure. I literally learned something new every morning that I came in that helped me make money, and market myself as a business professional. After relocating, I wasn't able to find a marketing/consulting firm that could offer the same benefits, but with the skills I have gained at Emerge I was able to help implement a new system for the company that I am currently working with. This company helped my career in a major way, and yes, I started entry-level.

Cons

I worked hard, got paid well, and advanced dramatically in my current job, thanks to the skills that i developed here.

"Happy that I got my foot in the door with Tactical Marketing"

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the exact type of work I have been wanting to get into, I want to be the real life Leanardo Dicaprio in "Wolf of Wallstreet" Lol. At least Tactical marketing offers me the financial freedom to have the potential of a successful business person. Plus I learn tools necessary to hopefully start-up my own business in the near future. Marketing is something that everyone should be good at, regardless what line of work you may be in. Once you learn to market yourself professionally, many doors open up.

The income potential is endless, I earn & learn more here than I have at most of my previous jobs.

I'm surrounded by the most down to earth & helpful co-workers that I could ask for, which is a big relief. No drama, no headaches. We get to go on business trips, team nights, and network with more potential clients. The office space itself is very warm and welcoming.

Cons

Air conditioning is a little heavy, less air-conditioning and more fans to keep air circulating