Tahitian Noni Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
John J. Wadsworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Who doesn't like Noni?"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Tahitian Noni (Less than a year)

Pros

The product has always been great.

Cons

You only go as far as you personally can go. People are people.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the people.

Cons

Leadership culture did not demonstrate an environment where you felt like you were appreciated.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and empower them to make decisions. I witnessed many times where employees were asked to research information and after parenting their findings and suggestions, management would just make their own decision which was not even close to the recommendation. The idea would flop and the company would continue to follow the idea and not change course. The company has now laid off a lot of people and had to sell one of their buildings to stay afloat. Respect your employees research and ideas and you will see the company grow.

3. "Rewards Program Manager"

Former Employee - Rewards Program Manager in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Rewards Program Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Tahitian Noni. The people are really what make the company special. I've made life-long friends during my years at the company. I also loved the atmosphere of the building and the gardens out back.

Cons

Very volatile. I got my first job out of college at TNI and was quickly introduced to layoff culture. It was a rude awakening.

Advice to Management

Establish clear direction for the company. Reduce the number of products sold. Invest in your employees and save for a rainy day.

4. "Great company overall, too much management that didn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free product. Fun work environment. Call center employees were encouraged to help business customers , IPC, build their business.

Cons

Management of the call center didn't seem to share the vision of the owners of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the call center employees, they are the face AND ears of the company.

5. "Great place for the student"

Former Employee - Call Center in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ample availability for further advancement / promotion
    fairly good working culture
    great groups of line employees

Cons

often silo'd from dept. to dept., not much inter-disciplinary interactions
    salary increases often correlate with company performance, a common risk of multi-level marketing companies

Advice to Management

break down silos whenever possible

6. "Helped me get some good experience at a young age"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to advance if you prove yourself as a hard worker
    There is a good culture, in my opinion. I was able to have a fun time working with team members while working hard.

Cons

Management in my area at the time was iffy, but has changed since then.
    Life on the phones can be tough at times, but for some that is the only way to get into this organization.
    Also, I never really liked the juice. Sort of hard to sell products that you don't really enjoy or believe in.

Advice to Management

Keep giving younger employees opportunities to grow. Also, consider the ideas of those on the ground-level. They really speak with distributors/customers daily and have some great ideas.

7. "Good if you're part of the old boy's club."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 3% 401k matching, good amount of company days off, and competitive paid time off.

Cons

Many incompetent managers, executive board is erratic, making decisions that make little sense, sales team does not work well with creative services, few care about creating good creative support pieces.

Advice to Management

Trust that those you have hired to manage your brand can do so in a more competent manner than you. Listen to their suggestions, and don't exclude them from meetings that should include them.

8. "Wish I were still there!"

Former Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great product! Great opportunities to learn and grow. I would work there again in a heart beat.

Cons

I left due to lack of advancement opportunities...was getting bored in position. It might have been worth it to stay put because of the salary and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the bonus system. Hire great managers to lead and develop employees.

9. "Diverse Company Culture, Some Great Departments, Some Not So Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Technical Professional in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Technical Professional in Provo, UT

Pros

If you work in some of the departments, your middle managers are fantastic. Great work-life balance management, genuine appreciation for your contributions, and fun to know and work with.

Technical professionals are compensated at around industry average.

High quality technical professionals, that are fun to work with, tend to stick around.

Cons

Still suffering from growing pains from being a family run start-up into a multi-national corporation. Many of the decisions made are still made using the "throwing noodles against the wall and see what sticks" mentality.

I have heard horror stories from other departments where they were treated badly for minor infractions of their own middle manager's policies.

Title means too much in the company. One example: each higher level of manager gets a higher percentage of their paycheck for annual bonuses, despite already having a higher salary.

HR tends to treat all employees less than a certain title (see above) like they are freshmen college students that need constant rules and restrictions to prevent goofing off.

Advice to Management

When your corporation has seasoned professionals and "first job" college students, the company needs to straddle the fence to meet the needs of both. HR is failing to meet the needs of the seasoned professional.

I propose adopting a new employee retention strategy: treat all like seasoned professionals. If they consistently don't meet their deadlines or performance goals, fire them. It may sound cruel, but you will remove the element that makes your company less productive.

10. "Super product and lots of great people but the execs need to stop being so secretive and dictatorial."

Former Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

Pros

The juice product is great. It really helps your health. A lot of the people are great too. You can be part of a company that does a lot of good.

Cons

Top management doesnt really listen. They only trust their own opionions and give commands. So...they make lots of mistakes and then punish anyone who notices.

Advice to Management

Make employees and distributors success your only goal and vwalah the rest will take care of itself! Then everyone will trust and help each other an d you wont need to have secrets. Replace executives who have personal agendas with people who really listen and care. Then everyone will be happier and more successful including you.