Tahoe Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Ray Conrad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome people, great culture"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Smart and fun coworkers, collaborative environment, good compensation and benefits

Cons

Tough to get to know all of your coworkers with everyone on the road, but they did a good job of creating events to facilitate that.

Aug 29, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time and feedback. We are constantly working to improve our employee experience and your input will help us as we continue working towards being an... More

2. "Poor culture, lack of growth"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time

Pros

Decent pay, respect of work-life balance.

Cons

Management is not transparent and they are a very tight-knit group that won't let in anyone else. Promotions are rare and far between. The company treats you as a source of revenue and nothing more so the moment you are not productive or off a project then it won't end up well for you. The company culture consists of boredom and talking behind clients backs.

Advice to Management

Change up management and leadership.

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. One of our core values is investing in the development of our people and enabling their professional advancement. In addition, we strive to... More

3. "A place of potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fast moving and challenging environment. You have the opportunity to learn as much as you want to. It's a blast working with my co-workers and management is very accessible and easy to talk to. If you are self-motivated and know what you want then you will easily find your place

Cons

The office space is the biggest con. It can be a bit tight and noisy at times. It's difficult to get a private corner when needed. Social events are a blast but they could happen more often, even if its less formal or impromptu. It can be difficult to keep up with what the rest of the company is doing since you don't see everyone everyday.

Advice to Management

Invest in a larger more enjoyable office space. A small cafeteria/break-room and maybe some entertainment for a zone to get out of the noise for a few minutes.

"Contracted me out to a great opportunity"

Pros

Quick feedback and direct connection to their clients. I was offered a contract-to-hire opportunity with a large company and the process was facilitated by Tahoe perfectly. Thank you for the opportunity, Tahoe Partners!

Cons

None, not a single one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

While work is work, Tahoe does an excellent job of providing an atmosphere that is both rewarding and enjoyable. They have great flexibility, the quality of delivery makes you feel good about what you are doing and the people are very strong.

Cons

If you are not self directed and motivated you can get lost. You definitely need to have a vision of where you want to go. Tahoe helps you get there but they don't always provide the template for you.

Advice to Management

Smile more.

"Smart people doing smart things"

Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very open environment. Entire managerial team is extremely accessible/open to suggestions. Pay is comparable. Just the right amount of work hard/play hard. Great benefits. Ability/freedom to grow.

Cons

Internal procedures could be more transparent. Other than that though, none I can think of...any concern is addressed clearly and fairly.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring your employees to do great work! No shortage of leading by example here.

Jan 12, 2015 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re glad to hear that you’ve found the culture to be open, inclusive, and a great fit. We aim to be as straightforward and transparent with... More

"Great place to work with lots of flexibility!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I interviewed with Tahoe Partners, one of the things that impressed me most was the people. Four years later, this continues to hold true. Tahoe's management team is top notch. Everyone comes from a consulting background, and they really are experts in the field. Not only are they smart, but they are very nice, friendly and helpful. The management team truly cares about their employees and their clients. Client satisfaction is one of the top priorities here, but not at the cost of burning out their staff. There are of course peaks and valleys, but, overall, there is a good amount of work life balance. The company is growing and I get the sense that everyone feels a high level of job security. The environment is very flexible and the focus is on results. It's not a cut-throat or micro-managed environment at all. I enjoy the work that I am doing and the potential growth opportunities that will come with company growth here at Tahoe Partners.

Cons

It takes awhile for people to get to know each other. Because consultants work out at client sites, it could take at least a year for a new person to become exposed to a lot of other employees other than the consultants on his or her initial project(s). There are company events and team events throughout the year, so, with time, people do get to know everyone at the company. But there aren't as many structured events as larger companies might offer. I think most people here are happy with the amount of structured social events, but for people coming from much larger firms, this might be an adjustment at first.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employee growth and training. Continue to share company vision and goals with the staff.

Jan 12, 2015 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying your work and are excited about the future – we are too! Your feedback on continuing to support employee... More

"Great Projects and Smart Co-workers"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many projects are line of business applications, compared to the less interesting staff augmentation, support, migration work at other SharePoint Consulting firms. My colleagues are knowledgeable, experienced, and easy to work with. Professional development and training opportunities are supported and encouraged. There is little to no travel outside the local Chicago market. C-level team is very personable and friendly to everyone at the company; it's easy to grab lunch with them when at the office, etc.

Cons

The largest consulting firms will provide an experience with more parties and frivolous spending. I don't consider this a problem, as I don't have the time, and I feel there are opportunities for socializing at Tahoe.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 12, 2015 – Manager of Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you find your work interesting and challenging, and feel encouraged in your professional development. If you have any further... More

"Worst Job Ever!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very few pro's to working at Tahoe Partners. I guess the Kegerator in the copy room counts as a pro but thats about it. Oh and the company policies state no drinking on the Job!

Cons

Where to start.... First and foremost it is a privately held company and the owners son works there and acts like he is the CEO already. They have no true vision on how to grow. They fly by the seat of their pants and spend money like no tomorrow. If your job is not billable to a client then you are the lowest form of life. I was forgotten about so many times I lost count. No one "really" likes management but they are to afraid to say anything. Management will watch you like a hawk if you get on their bad side and they will make up reasons to fire you.

Advice to Management

make your son work somewhere else.

Jan 12, 2015 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. We are proud of our bold vision for the company, and have worked hard to communicate it to our team. I regret that we were not able to make that vision... More

"Tahoe Partners was a fantastic place to work - from the culture to the service offerings - top notch all around."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The smartest people I have ever worked with. I knew that there was no deal we couldn't win. I learned a tremendous amount working with those individuals - they are the gold standard in my book!

Cons

The economy started its downturn so they made a pretty significant RIF. That was quite sad - felt like the heart of the company was ripped out.

Advice to Management

A few less closed door meetings or the "meeting after the meeting" would have been nice, but they're doing a good job and I respect them a lot.