Take Care Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Take Care Health Reviews

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Take Care Health President, Walgreens Health and Wellness division Hal F. Rosenbluth
Hal F. Rosenbluth

Pros
  • This company has good pay for work load expectations (in 6 reviews)

• Flexiblility, good benefits, autonomy (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was an issue at times (in 6 reviews)

• No support from management,constant criticism (in 6 reviews)

"Nurse Practitioners"

Former Employee - Independent Provider Family Nurse Practitioner in Valrico, FL
    Former Employee - Independent Provider Family Nurse Practitioner in Valrico, FL

I worked at Take Care Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

Practice independently. Benefits OK but with some reserve

Cons

Corporate does not provide support. Good luck getting to take your PTO. Definitely do not respect or value the employees

"FNP"

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Take Care Health (More than a year)

Pros

Independent, autonomous practice, great group of supportive colleagues, strong evidence-based practice, not having to worry with a physician having to peer over your shoulder.

Cons

Very high staff turnover, change in management 6x in last 18 months, EMR & other equipment breaking down and malfunctioning every week, hard at times to have work-life balance, very long work days, having to come into work on days off to complete charts since no option to reschedule patient for later times to put charts into EMR when EMR crashes,extremely corporate environment to practice which feels like assembly line medicine,no ancillary support, no support from management with unrealistic expectations with management 90 miles away from the market, no consideration for complexity of patients nor treatments & procedures done nor the need to call interpreters for non-English speaking patients that cause prolonged visit times with unrealistic expectations are to complete most visits in less than 25 minutes without ancillary support,FNPs are expected to be secretaries, marketing agents, coders, credit card pre authorization agents,billing agents,medical assistants, custodians, lab technicians, health insurance eligibility specialists,registered nurses besides being the FNP diagnosing, treating, triaging, & caring for patients.

Advice to Management

More hands on support from management, more consistency with management staff, having to work alone which gets lonely since there is no team-building nor regular face-to-face meetings with colleagues,more flexibility & understanding with deviations from the "less than 25 minutes" duration of visits without consideration for complex patients with multiple chronic co-morbid conditions that we have to code + number of acute problems that have to be addressed plus having to do procedures & treatments during clinic visit

3. "clinical manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I worked at Take Care Health (More than a year)

Pros

no support-you either become self sufficient or fail

Cons

no support. rarely have any help and have waiting room full of pts

"Hct"

Pros

Flexible hours. Anyway this company can save money and not have to pay you they will. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with, which makes the day go by quicker.

Cons

I hated that I had to give a star at all. This company is numbers driven. If not enough patients seen on average, you are constantly being reminded that your job could be in jeopardy because you are not needed if it is too slow. This company sends the message that you are only as good as what you can produce. To survive in this company you have to be able to play the game correctly. Keep your opinions or I should say your concerns to yourself and allow management to be able to use you as much as needed. Management needs to prove to their superiors that they were able to get their money's worth out of you.

Advice to Management

No advise. Management is like sheep. They do as they are told. They need there job.

"Front Office Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the staff really care about patients and employees.

Cons

MANAGEMENT at the site, corporate and human resource advocate are awful. They don't listen to the staff and do not address concerns reported.

Advice to Management

Listen, INVESTIGATE, and listen to all sides of the story don't believe what a manager says just because you favor the person -

"Find employement elsewhere"

I have been working at Take Care Health full-time

Pros

Pay in competitive with other companies. Benefits are good. The patient load is decent.

Cons

The electronic medical record is the worst I have ever used. Lots of redundancy in the company. (they have ten people doing the same job in the upper management area). Upper management does not have a clue on how to make the job more inviting and have unrealistic expectations of the clinics performance with the tools that are available to the providers.

Advice to Management

Get a new EMR. Try some advertising. Treat your employees with respect.

8. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Home to work commute was great and allowed me to be home in time for when the kids got home from school

Cons

Someone seriously, needs to look into why so many Registered Nurses who have outstanding reputation gets dismissed at the very end of their 90 day probational period. Seems, Take Care Health does not want to pay for benefits or they feel threatened if the new nurse is just to good! Really?! Is this the reason we become nurses? Don't we all take an oath at time of graduation?

Advice to Management

These sites should be spot checked frequently.

"Nightmare situation"

Former Employee - Mid Level Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Mid Level Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Got to work with a great Retail company. Pay above average in market I was living in.

Cons

Too many mergers with larger companies creating Vendor distrust and management chaos over the years.
    Mid-level management turnover was chaotic.
    Upper level management never knew who there next boss was, therefore was unreliable and untrustworthy.
    Walgreens recently sold this company which says a lot about future profitability.
    Makes you wonder whether the whole Employer based health clinic as a future after Obama Care.
    Fortune 500 companies probably wondering if there is a cheaper, better system to manage their employees health care needs.

Advice to Management

Get out while the getting is good. try to get the Golden parachute the top level management at past bought out companies received (research WholeHealth (Cleveland), Meridian (Philly), Take Care-- where are all the bosses now. Even Walgreens CEO recently forced out after a noter merger.
    Wait, only the Fat Cats get that, forget it- just get out and I am sure there is a much better, satisfying, less stressful, and more secure career out there for you.

10. "I will never work here again"

Pros

I did not like any thing here. I was working over there just because they hired me immediately.

Cons

Highly stressful.
    I have never seen any organization doing this type of weekly releases.(Dev+Test in 1 week)

Advice to Management

I am not interested in providing any advice.

"Knee Jerk"

Former Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office with some really nice people, not all but some really nice people.

Cons

The management there is horrid! The good Ol' Boy network resides there and unless you are liked by all the good Ol' boys and girls you are ostracized! Very unprofessional, and poor real managment where they take interest in the employees. Unless you want to be just a number then look elsewhere!

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people and not just processes!