Takeda Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christophe Weber

Pros
  • There is great work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Great cafeteria; great company to work at; great benefits (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is unbalanced (in 26 reviews)

• Overworked and no work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, enjoyable teamwork oriented culture

Cons

Takeda likes to let people travel - lots of F2F

Advice to Management

Make decisions faster

"good benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

high pay, nice vacation and holiday shut down package

Cons

organization changes very often, not many active compounds

3. "Pharmaceutical Sales"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good products, good people (most of them)

Cons

Management, work life balance, favoritism

Advice to Management

Utilize an employee feedback system to get areas of opportunities from the field.

5. "Research Associate"

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Great place to learn from others. Relaxed working hours. They provide you with several free lunches and weekly cafeteria allowance money.

Cons

Continuous rearrangement of departments. Difficult to get a promotion if you are not the boss's favorite. Very obvious favoritism within departments.

Advice to Management

Work on and be interested in your employees's advancement instead of hindering their growth in order to keep them from leaving, it is counter productive.

6. "Japanese organization"

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have excellent benefits package

Cons

Extremely conservative and lack of Innovation

Advice to Management

Have a vision and follow on it

7. "Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Takeda was not only interested in promoting products, but also contributed to communities. We contributed in ways that had nothing what so ever to do with our products, which was so refreshing. Management style was a bit different as a result, I believe, of being a Japanese company. I loved working for Takeda.

Cons

At the time, we were paid less than reps with other companies. My former colleagues have told me that has been rectified.

"The company was decent, I just happened to work for the world's WORST manager..."

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, benefits, casual dress, open bar and appetizer mingles during work hours.

Cons

I had the luxury of working for the world's worst manager I have ever encountered in my 44 years on Earth. I also found out 2 former employees quit under her in 2 years because they couldn't stand her micromanagement and erratic behavior. Takeda DOES NOT have 360 degree feedback (you CAN'T give an evaluation on those above you) perhaps if they did, this woman would have been long gone before I started.

I also found out this company undergoes a re-org. every year to year and a half and lots of folks this time around were either let go or transferred to a company Takeda does business with.

If you want to transfer out of the company, you have to let your manager know that you're posting out. You are then black balled once you do, this rule is asinine!

Doesn't make you feel good knowing you may not make the cut every re-org.

Advice to Management

BRING BACK 360 degree feedback, you used to have it, I'm not sure why you did away with it, it should be reinstated to get rid of problem people in position of power.

People should be allowed to post out without telling their manager.

"Great for Entry-Level Experience; Good for Stable Position without Advancement"

Former Employee - Finance in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Finance in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resume-building experience at a truly global company; Excellent amenities at Deerfield location; Good base compensation and bonus structure; Generous time off; Flexible schedules

Cons

Significant political battles among acquired companies, locations and domestic leadership - with Japanese leadership uncomfortable in dealing with the conflict; Limited career growth opportunities for individuals who start in Chicago; Nearly annual layoffs damage morale

Advice to Management

Provide clarity to employees within the United States about the mid to long-term purposes of key locations (i.e. Cambridge and Deerfield); Build a culture that encourages more direct communication

10. "Senior sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent people and culture

Cons

Poor career trajectory and compensation

Advice to Management

Uncious bias training is needed

"Depends on who you know, not what you know"

Current Employee - Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good benefits.

- Fair and generally above market compensations.

- Pretty good work life balance but really depends on supervisor.

- Nice cafeteria and food program.

Cons

- HIGHLY political environment. A lot of passive aggressive jabs between managers jockeying for favors and a lot of behind the doors deals with upper management.

- It doesn't matter how much you (or your group) contributes unless your manager is really cozy with the upper management. I've seen people in teams who contribute very little and still get to skate by just on account that their manager is "tight" with the director.

- On the same point as before, if your manager isn't shining shoes and in good graces with upper management, there is little to zero chance of any promotions.

- Morale has taken a HUGE dip recently with all of the "changes" (aka layoffs) that have occurred recently.

- In the time that I've been here, it seems like these "changes" happen every one or two years. Most people get the feeling that its only a matter of time before they're on the chopping block so there's not a lot of peace of mind or stability.

- Seems to be a big disconnect between the upper management and the rank and file. Seen a director try to force feed some "Energy Bus" mentality in his group to pick up morale but doesn't realize that its him and how he runs his ship that's the problem.

- Generally not a lot of exciting work going on in the pipeline in this site. Having been around the block for a while already, sensing another "change" happening soon...

Advice to Management

- While the parent company preaches the importance of (integrity, honesty, etc), this particular site is just not aligned with these morals. Take a closer look at the departments and work for fix all the backstabbing going on.

- Stop implicitly believing what your managers feed you that you want to hear and take some time to observe for yourself what is happening with the rank and file. It can go a long way.

- Have more transparency within the organization.

- Next time you decide to go through "changes" don't let mission critical personal go and have to go through expensive repairs on equipment. That should have been a no-brainer but apparently someone on high didn't get the message so it still needs to be said.