Talend Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We have great products in the fast-growing Big Data market (in 18 reviews)

• Talend is such a great place to be right now (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any fast-growing company, we have some growing pains (in 14 reviews)

• Leading Edge Technologie (mit all den bekannten Vor- und Nachteilen), Work/life Balance, Wachstumsschmerzen eines Post -IPO Unternehmens mit j (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great time to join!"

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talend is in the early IPO stage and things are very exciting. We have a fast paced environment with very little to no hand holding. This creates a culture of creativity and accountability for all levels of employees. You have the opportunity to create, build, and own processes on a global scale and run with projects from the ground up.

The people who work here are smart and motivated.

Cons

Growing pains are a reality for all fast growing companies. Processes need to be built where there is nothing in place. New territories need to be broken into and many people have to wear many different hats that are not necessarily part of their job description. This can be tiring and frustrating but also exciting.

Advice to Management

Build onto a greater global Talend culture. Bring ALL employees together for Talend contests, events, and updates to make us feel more like a unified company. Your people are your greatest asset, help us to feel more connected with one another, especially remote employees.

"Much talk, no action... stop the stack rankings"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Talend full-time

Pros

Comp plan is decent and many account execs are killing it here and achieving over quota. Good place to be if you have many years of experience in enterprise software. Lots of money to be made in big data.

Cons

Management claims transparency but they operate in a dishonest way. There was an external firm they hired to conduct a survey of how employees felt about Talend's culture. The results were tabulated, and the report was made available to all employees. Seems pretty transparent right? Since then, no action items have been taken to improve the culture at Talend other than the CEO claiming that it brought tears to his eyes during our recent Town Hall. There are rumors floating around that some of the employees who responded negatively to the survey did not receive a good performance review. Was the purpose of the survey really to improve things at Talend or was it to eliminate any and all dissent?

Advice to Management

These expensive consultants have made their reports. What will you do now to implement their suggestions to improve Talend's culture? The attrition rate is horrible. Stop the stack ranking during annual reviews - it is an outdated way of doing reviews, and other tech companies have done away with it several years ago. The CEO openly invites us to have a chat in his office-why would anyone do that and risk their job, given what just happened?

Talend Response

Jun 29, 2017 – CEO

I’m glad you see an opportunity to make a lot of money here at Talend, and believe we have the market, product, and comp plans to give everyone a great opportunity. But I’m sorry to see that you have... More

"Hire & Fire"

Pros

Dynamic culture, IPO, future topics with Big Data, IOT

Cons

High IPO pressure, peoplefired without giving them any chance to improve

Advice to Management

Comunication!

4. "Entreprise dynamique"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Suresnes (France)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Suresnes (France)

Pros

Si vous recherchez un environnement de travail dynamique et orienté business, n'hésitez pas : rejoignez Talend !

Cons

Si vous n'êtes pas autonome ... évitez !

"best place for some, worst for most"

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing organization with best of breed technology

Cons

Sweat shop with little team spirit (but R&D I have been said)

Advice to Management

Better not crossed the line between peer pressure and peer abuse

"So much better"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You replaced the uk sales manager and things have gone from strength to strength we are all very grateful here in the uk

Cons

Nothing to say as work environment is the uk has massively improved and people can get on with their jobs without a controlling manager

Advice to Management

Best decision ever replacing senior management team in the uk last year

"What an SKO, Talend is rocking."

Current Employee - AE
    Current Employee - AE

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vision, Disrupting the market. What a Sales Kick Off. The best I have ever been too, and I have been to a lot. The messaging on Big Data and the Cloud was spot on. Great customer use cases presented. They even had a VP of a real customer present why he bought Talend. It was the best presentation on the value proposition on how to build a Big Data environment, using Talend as the cornerstone to this strategy.

Plus SKO was at The Broadmoor, wow what a place.

Talend is such a great place to be right now. People are doing big deals, we have a marketing team supporting the ae, and the management team is executing on the vision. The executives had a open forum session, and they we very transparent with all the questions from the team, and it was a great vibe to feel the cohesiveness. Growing fast and taking names from the competition.

Cons

Growth is always hard, and Talend is adding hundreds of people each year, which is always hard to get all those people integrated adding value. But so far so good. The SE's even recently hired are doing great POC work in just a few short months.

Advice to Management

Keep the enthusiasm alive, you have the right vision, just keep hiring great people and letting them execute.

8. "Spannendes Umfeld"

Former Employee - Presales Engineer in Bonn (Germany)
    Former Employee - Presales Engineer in Bonn (Germany)

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tolle Technologie (Big Data, Cloud, etc.), tolle Kollegen
    Angenehmer Umgang auch mit dem Management

Cons

Sehr hohe Arbeitsbelastung, wenig Ausbildung

Advice to Management

Techn. Resourcen besser ausbilden

"Mismanaged"

I have been working at Talend full-time

Pros

Stock price is still above the opening IPO price...options are in the money. CFO has a good head on his shoulders.

Cons

Disjointed field marketing that can't seem to get its act together for simple campaigns and leaves those of us in sales feeling extremely frustrated. Engineering and product management has issues meeting what they've promised in their roadmap, and we've got to deal with the anger of our customers.

Advice to Management

Pull the product team out of the CMO and put them under the SVP for Customer Success. It would help with closed loop communication with the customer success managers. The CMO lacks the technical skillset to have product responsibilities. In the time I've been here, numerous ppl have quit in less than 6 months.

Consolidate all engineering offices to France for better information sharing and faster releases.

Take the demand gen ppl that do marketing automation and put them under the Director of Web for better synergy. The rest of the field mktg ppl can report to their VP.

Move all demand gen and prod marketing functions to Redwood, keep prod management in Europe.

CEO needs to have the guts to shake things up...right now he's maintaining the status quo in Marketing and Engineering and it's frustrating. if it weren't for my RVP, I'd be long gone by now.

Talend Response

Feb 7, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the kind words for Thomas, though I’m sorry that you’ve had a negative experience at Talend. I’m trying to fit the bulk of your feedback into my own experience at Talend over the last... More

10. "strenghes and weakness"

Former Employee - Talend Technical Team Lead in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Talend Technical Team Lead in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

java,scrum,dedicated, master of software engineer,

Cons

less experience of design of system distribution.