Cover image for Talend

Talend

Engaged Employer

Talend

Add a Review

Talend Employee Reviews about "communication"

Updated Nov 30, 2022

70 Comments

Tech

468.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Talend~330195
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some teams have really great people and work well within their teams(in 28 reviews)
  • "The first advantage of Talend is a great culture.(in 25 reviews)
  • "High potential market A great team in Europe(in 17 reviews)
  • "provide good work life balance(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits too.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "communication"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Technical Support for Talend

Nov 16, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and compensation, Opportunity to gain experience. Great onboarding team

Cons

Nothing to report so far

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent recruitment and onboarding experience

Nov 30, 2022 - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Woodbridge, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, medical and others heavily subsidized with modest employee contributions and co-pays. Technical pre-interview test was well-designed, interview situational questions ("role play") also suited to position. Onboarding process is nicely coordinated. As WFH employee I do not feel like an afterthought; policies seem to appropriately consider differing national and provincial/state-level laws.

Cons

Newly hired, guarantee I will have opinions but very pleased so far.

3. Join the Talend team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Company Tries

Nov 30, 2022 - Marketing Product Manager (PMM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working culture, good benefits, smart people, remote work

Cons

Lack of strong senior leadership, product delivery issues, lack of product vision, bad decisions made and never acknowledged

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team and flexible work environment

Nov 25, 2022 - Sr. Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work is allowed and corporate culture is very healthy compared to other places I've worked. A solid product that employees can get excited about and promote the value of to customers. My immediate team is really strong and supportive which helps with any corporate problems that come up.

Cons

A lot of corporate changes.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Remote work flexibility

Nov 25, 2022 - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team Holidays Remote work

Cons

Internal processes are lengthy Gaps between teams and department

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Used to be a great company

Nov 14, 2022 - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, great company, used to be great career opportunity

Cons

Being acquired by thoma bravo

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture until the acquisition

Nov 14, 2022 - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Until the mass layoffs (10% of the workforce) Talend had a spirited and start-up-like culture, even after 8 years being public. At least the remote-first policy was a decent perk.

Cons

No direction. Shallow culture. Incompetent leadership.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Be careful: it's not what it seems

Oct 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talend offers a lot of resources for employees. There's a lot of material about the company if you're new and being onboarded and need to ramp up quickly. - Within the company, there are a couple teams (customer success, product, alliances) that embody the ideas of collaboration, teamwork and agility. The people on these teams are stellar hires and unfortunately, do not reflect the rest of the people in the company. - Pay (at least in my department) was fair and competitive.

Cons

- Senior leadership is clueless about direction and goals. Talend is facing an identity crisis from a brand perspective. Our top level messaging is vague and our competitors have done an excellent job of getting to the point of their value. The constantly changing messaging, the boring branding, and lack of general charm and passion about the product is telling, and customers are catching on. - Middle management is catty. I have heard horror stories about unfair firings, people being purposefully kept off projects, and general nastiness from managers. Leadership in sales and marketing is generally very condescending, and they often choose to be unreachable, absent or uninvolved until the last minute. Their mentality seems to be that it's not my job to care unless my boss is seeing it in which case, they will micromanage to death. -The product offering is a Frankenstein's monster of legacy products that our customer doesn't care about. I have been in multiple meetings where executives have told us not to talk about or bring up certain products when speaking about Talend's Data Fabric. No product is perfect but if you're afraid of telling your customer about everything in your product suite, this is sure sign that your product is a failure. - No goals, no measurement of KPIs, and no growth plans for employees. Not once in my tenure at Talend was I given a clear structure around promotions, OKRs or goals to hit based on the outcomes of projects I worked on. If. you're looking to grow and expand your career within Talend, do not work here. Its difficult to make an impact here because of the sheer amount of red tape and bureaucracy that comes with the work. You are permanently stuck in your position until you lost morale and go elsewhere. - Their claims of diversity are questionable. Talend loves to think that they've reached top-tier diversity, equity, and inclusion status because there are three women in their C-Suite. This is a great start on paper but when you read between the lines, it's a different story. Their director of DEI is a woman of color, to be sure, but the make-up of their DEI board and committee(AKA the ones with the ACTUAL decision making power)? Mostly white, seemingly straight, and able bodied. While Talend will "celebrate" Pride and Women's History months, they can't seem to walk the walk. The silence that came from the women at the top when Roe v. Wade was overturned was deafening. Talend seems to forget that real people, with lives outside of work, work at the company.

13 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company going through some challenges

Oct 10, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture that allows you to work from home and manage your own time. They are not here to micro manage you.

Cons

Recent layoffs and a looming Private Equity firm in the background making decisions. It is hard to know who is in charge now from a decision making process.

Talend Response

Thank you for your feedback. At the heart of Talend’s inclusive culture are our valued employees, and while difficult decisions are needed at times, our leadership is in full guidance of our journey ahead and will always act in the best interests of the company. Please know that similar to a Board of Directors, Thoma Bravo partners with the Talend senior leadership team to advise on strategic decisions based on their extensive experience across a large portfolio of growing software and technology companies.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Needs to focus

Sep 27, 2022 - Director of Customer Success Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good market penetration, several good customers who are getting value.

Cons

Leadership is inexperienced in the integration space and struggling to stand out from the crowd. Product hasn't produced much new over the past couple of years, and there has been significant turnover in the sales organization.

3 people found this review helpful