Cover image for Talend

Talend

Engaged Employer

Talend

Add a Review

Talend Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 26, 2021

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and atmosphere.(in 28 reviews)
  • "The first advantage of Talend is a great culture.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Enablement team is awesome and go to great lengths to get us what we need.(in 17 reviews)
  • "provide good work life balance(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits too.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ride the Waves & Look Ahead

May 27, 2021 - Enterprise Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is king here, truly. I've not felt more supported in & out of the 'job' than I have here. Leadership on down wants you to be successful but also not to hate your life, so they very much bang the work/life balance, mental health, personal time, flexibility drum. Leader in the space. Known solution, making some waves in an established space. Sounds like good things are coming as well. Going back private. Some people see this as a con, but truly it's going to allow the org to heavily invest in its future solutions.

Cons

The space is being more and more commoditized and cloud vendors are trying to edge out 'data mgmt' orgs. It can be tough to get a deal done; or rather, sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze. This is more on customers dragging things out vs internal roadblocks, but it's the nature of these sales cycles that should be taken into consideration for anyone looking to join this space.

4 people found this review helpful

Talend Response

Thank you for your review and calling out our commitment to our people. We are driving our culture forward, and as the market evolves, we are also innovating the way our customers see- and use - their data. In the last 18 months, the whole market has gone through a shift in what it needs, and we are at the forefront of helping our customers effectively use data to achieve their business objectives. As we grow, It will take all of us to realize our mission of making data useful for everyone. The journey is going to be a fun one!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Downhill after Sell Off to Private Equity

Nov 26, 2021 - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was really warm, friendly place w/ good work/life balance. Some great, helpful people.

Cons

Board’s decision to sell to PEF caused mass exodus and drain on resources & talent. Not great for career opportunities and moving around to different teams.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Talend team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

n/a

May 13, 2021 - Attorney in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

opportunity to expand skill set if high performer

Cons

extremely busy; poor work-life balance

Be the first to find this review helpful

Talend Response

Thank you for your review. We would highly recommend speaking with your manager, ELT leader or local HRBP about your work-life balance. Yes, we are busy "changing the way the world makes decisions, but please don’t burn out. Your leaders and the People Team want to make sure you have all the tools to the best work of your career.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Succeeding in spite of themselves

Mar 1, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

New top management seems to know where they want to take the company and seems capable of moving in a positive direction. Good communication from top management to the ranks. The company has been extremely supportive of employees during the pandemic. Revenues are growing. Good work-life balance. Moderate employee turnover. You get to work with a nice group of colleagues.

Cons

Red tape! Every decision, every action, involves at least half a dozen people. That tends to mean lots of meetings and long processes to bring any project to closure. The tradeoff/result should be better outcomes. In fact the opposite seems to be the case, and leads to demoralized employees who've come to accept "Oh well, that's just the Talend way." Poor intradepartmental communication. It's not clear who has the power to make important decisions, and once they're made, there's no mechanism for communicating them to the entire team, meaning team members have to ask around for answers to important questions. Difficult toolset. We're stuck using Microsoft Office 365. SharePoint is a productivity nightmare thanks to its lack of searchability. (Fortunately we don't use Teams - yay Slack.) We have no digital asset management system. A new marketing project management platform (Wrike) was rolled out but people find it difficult to use and no one seems to be trying to improve it. Only the marketing department is licensed to use it, which hinders keeping team members in other departments informed about the status of their requests. Some managers guard their internal fiefdoms. You can reach out to anyone in the organization, but sometimes it's difficult to get them to engage in a dialog. Training is lacking - I felt I was expected to know what a deliverable should look like in advance without explanation. Individuals are placed in constrained roles with little chance to contribute outside those roles. The only way upper management gets feedback from employees is via frequent online surveys. Even the exit interview is just a survey - no human conversations involved - which is a clear sign the organization lacks interest in improving. Efforts to create and maintain a company culture seems HR-driven and forced, instead of growing organically and spontaneously.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Healthiest place I've ever worked

Oct 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, compensation, and you get to work with some of the biggest companies in the world and solve their challenges.

Cons

401K match could be better and so could the health insurance plan options.

2 people found this review helpful

Talend Response

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We love that you feel this way about being part of TeamTalend!

7. 5.0

Best Sales Job I've Had So Far

Jan 27, 2020 - Senior Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Team collaboration - There are dispersed teams all around the world but most interaction between them is continent to continent. The North American teams in Boston, Minneapolis, and Redwood City work fantastically together both professionally and socially. -Work/Life Balance - A lot of companies talk about this as a pillar of their environment but seldom put words into action. That isn't the case here. There is an understanding of responsibilities away from the office and they are very accommodating around it. -Leadership - I have had legitimate conversations with all levels of the sales heirarchy around performance, goals, and management of how to attain them. They really do care about you here. -Growth - I can only speak for the past 7 months but in that time a new team has been created within the sales organization to help expedite one's career growth and have seen a handful of my peers move up a step or two up the sales corporate ladder.

Cons

Boston office could use a coffee machine.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-paced and Friendly

Sep 16, 2019 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Challenging and fast-paced environment - Ability to make an impact in real way - Global presence and collaboration across teams - Highly passionate, committed and talented employees - High autonomy - Competitive wages

Cons

- Not a lot of advancement opportunities - Lack of training resources - Lots of growing pains - Low diversity - Very low work-life balance

Be the first to find this review helpful

Global Recruitment Marketing Manager

VP of global Professional Services Thank you for sharing your perspective so candidly. Enterprise software consulting is typically a fast-paced environment with exciting customer challenges to solve – and I agree that Talend fits that description and there is a great team in place. As we meet the needs of our customers in the cloud, we will continue to innovate. I believe this will create new opportunities for the team and drive continual education. As a female leader in the technology industry, encouraging diversity is important to me and I believe the existing team’s collaboration and openness will encourage increasing our diversity over time. I am very excited for Talend’s future.

9. 2.0

Confused sales leadership

May 6, 2016 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial culture, no backstabbing, and not a boiler room atmosphere like some other enterprise software companies. Enablement team is awesome and go to great lengths to get us what we need. Great work-life balance too!

Cons

Sales leadership seems throughly confused and have no idea which products they want us selling. There was this whole rah-rah about Big Data, Cloud, and Data Prep at SKO. But in meetings, our management tells us to double down on Big Data and stay focused on those deals. And then we're suddenly told to attend all these Cloud and Data Prep trainings. So which is it? Are we a Big Data company, or a cloud and data prep company too? There's also an element of favoritism for some reps which ticks off a lot of us newcomers. Some long time reps get to cherry pick their accounts just because they've been with Talend for a long time, no matter which territory they fall into. Guess what happens then? You've just automatically reduced the size of our own patch...a sales rep that can't achieve as much money as they can make will find some other place to make it that has a fairer territory structure.

7 people found this review helpful

SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments on the AWESOME culture we are building. As we continue to evolve into an enterprise player, Big Data, Cloud, and DataPrep will come together in our unified Data Fabric platform. It is always important Talend continues to build "New Product" muscles. We are happy to gain your input on how to optimize this process. I welcome you to come to me directly in regards to your favoritism comment, as I do not condone this in any form. I hope you will continue on the amazing growth journey we have in front of us at Talend!! Brad Stratton-SVP of Sales

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Things are going downhill...

Jan 25, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There are many wonderful people who work here. Very friendly. - Flexible work/life balance

Cons

The organization is not what it used to be. Some departments were replaced with new management and the company does not look out for the well being of the employees. Many people have "jumped ship" and a select few managers/executives has an entitlement that they could do whatever they want. When I started, taking care of the employees was a value here but now you are disposable. People used to be happy but are now miserable because we do not know "who's next". Politics are in play and if you don't keep up, you will be cut. Many of the managers have hired their friends. CEO is oblivious to what is going on within his own organization and unaware of the decisions to whom he have given power/authority to manage this. One more thing, they no longer offer free lunches. This stopped back in October due to "budget cuts". They told us that they would start this back up in January and the month is almost over. It's an over-glorified office to work in, without the perks.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a good experience here at Talend. We focused a lot last year getting the right leadership team in place. In most cases we got it right the first time, but in a couple cases we missed and had to do it again. I’ll take full responsibility for the missteps we made along the way – on a positive note, I’d say we recognized them and course corrected pretty quickly. There’s nothing more important than having the right team, and especially having the right leadership team in place given the outsize influence they have on everyone else in the company. Without that nothing else matters. All of that change is difficult for a company to go through, so I understand your feedback. Now that we’re through it I couldn’t be more proud of the team that we have (both old and new) and how we’re working together. Mike Tuchen, CEO

11. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

....Infinity and Beyond!!!!

Oct 10, 2014 - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Communication on ALL levels. Executive team has open door policy and communicates throughout workforce. Excellent external reviews Gartner magic Quadrant etc. Great Work/Life Balance. Excellent growth potential.

Cons

None, unless growing too fast is a problem

1 person found this review helpful