Talener Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.3
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 2 hour lunches and gym membership (in 17 reviews)

• Can make a lot of money - in a short amount of time (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work-life balance at all (in 7 reviews)

• At Talener, you work unnecessarily long hours forcing a one-size-fits-all (in 10 reviews)

"Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talener full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talener has been nothing but good to me and their other employees. They have made me feel comfortable enough to ask for help whenever needed since day one. They never hesitate to stop what their doing and assist me and my colleagues with any issues that we encounter. Not only are they professional, but also fun to be around. They not only provide a great work atmosphere, but have also given me skills and knowledge that are transferable in every day matters. I love working here.

Cons

Work days can be a little long.

2. "Relationship Manager"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Talener full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot!
    Great team atmosphere!

Cons

Micromanaging, tough industry, upper management is a bit unprofessional

Advice to Management

Let up on the micromanaging and allow employees to do their jobs

"Bittersweet"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Talener full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job can be fun and exciting, very high energy. its a sales job. Snacks and unlimited coffee/tea. Beer on tap available last hour of work. Occasional happy hours and catered meals when goals are met. Great learning environment for entry-level sales/ business development. Overtime optional everyday. Great gym benefits after 3 months. Two hour lunches to go to gym is amazing. In the long run, it's a great career if you want to be in tech staffing. you could be making 6 figures if you work hard for like two years.. until then it is low.

Cons

The pay sucks initially (34k before taxes). After closing 3 deals, you get a 5k annual bonus (40k), typically takes 6-9 months. After 3 more deals, another 5k annual bonus. Only then are you eligible for commission that your specific team produces per quarter. Told I would be making 40k my first year (not true). There are separate teams; if a manager on another team has a problem, they will tell your manager instead of you directly. HIGH SCHOOL, click-y behavior at times.

Advice to Management

Increase the starting salary. $17.89 an hour to work in city like San Francisco is challenging, especially for the talented fresh graduates who have options of better pay. Disclose the pay before a job is offered. Many are promised 40k the first year; whe. the base equates to 34k. This may lower turn over rate.

"Think about twice"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It's a great learning experience for some fresh out of college

Cons

The CEO is very disrespectful and rude

Advice to Management

Awful, they need someone to guide them on how to manage team

"You'll give up on yourself before Talener gives up on you!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talener full-time (More than a year)

Pros

2 hour lunches
    Full benefits
    Gym membership
    happy hours
    Fun daily/weekly/monthly incentives

The limit does not exist- If you want to succeed at Talener then you will succeed at Talener. Of course this isn't the right place for just anyone- you'll go through ALOT of rough patches but Talener will have your back 110% of the way. Truth is you're going to make mistakes when you're truly challenging yourself and putting your best foot forward every day. Talener totally understands this and you just know that you're in a supportive environment- they're quick to help you stand up tall again if you fall.

It's true- we're micromanaged yet, at the same time, given complete autonomy. This is why you must be an intrinsically motivated individual if you want to be successful at Talener. They provide you with the tools and its your job to apply what they've taught you.
    Bottom line: you'll give up on yourself before they give up on you.

Young, bright, and motivated co-workers. Your colleagues become your dear friends and you'll build amazing relationships!

Cons

Work WILL become your life.
    Then again how else did you plan to make a six figure salary just a year and a half after graduating?

Advice to Management

You're all amazing! It's exciting to see our offices scaling out and it would be great to continue on this rocket ship trajectory.

Talener Response

Sep 11, 2015 – Marketing Manager

You said it! It isn't a secret. It is a work hard environment - but you're right. 6 figures in under 2 years, not only is it possible, but it is very real for many employees! Congrats on your success!... More