Talent Works Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Client Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

You can determine the best approach to support clients with Sourcing, Creative or Research to fit the objectives and budgets.

Cons

In the US, it is very exciting and very busy. You get to work on a global team but you must be organized to manage time zones.

Advice to Management

Keep the entrepreneurial culture as we continue to grow.

2. "Fantastic Growing Company"

Current Employee - Global Sourcing Consultant
    Current Employee - Global Sourcing Consultant

I have been working at Talent Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with & share knowledge

Opportunities for self development and to work with some amazing businesses on their talent strategy

Exciting time due to expansion and new opportunities

Positive and fun environment to work in, no two days are the same and everyone pulls together as a team if needed.

Cons

Keep up the good work! We are improving in areas such as internal communication and this has brought the company as a whole closer together.

Advice to Management

None, areas for improvement have been addressed and we are moving to a really positive place as a team and a company.

3. "Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Talent Works full-time

Pros

You're trusted to get on with your work, you aren't micromanaged and you're able to plan your own time around your projects.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication between the different departments.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and implement regular catch ups between teams

4. "Solid company with a great client base"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Talent Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great client base - with international scope - recognised brands. Solid Co-workers, and open communications structure, with a CEO who is involved in the day to day running of the business

Cons

Nothing major, and nothing that any growing business wouldn't need to work around, but noticeable stress could come from the time constraints/time-management demands in high volume hiring periods depending on how you well you managed your own workload.

Advice to Management

Wishing you continued success

5. "Brilliant Company, Brilliant Prospects"

Current Employee - Sourcing in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sourcing in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Talent Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Input, working environment, feedback, opportunities

Cons

You have to be a go getter and a front runner, this dosent affect me, but i can see some new starters struggling as no training

Advice to Management

Sort a training programme

6. "Happy Work Place"

Current Employee - Global Resourcing Consultant in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Global Resourcing Consultant in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Talent Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Talent Works makes you feel in control of your career, you are pushed and challenged every day, and you are provide with all the support, guidance and direction to be successful. A mistake is not a mistake as long as you can learn from it and take guidance from it. Neil, the CEO is extremely visible and approachable, Neil is very hands-on with individuals career paths and providing support along the way. The office is always a fun place to be. Everyone works super hard, but we all have fun and a laugh that helps the work go smoothly.

Cons

My only con from the role I do is that I would like to opportunity to work in our Manchester office on occasions so that I can gain knowledge from the other half of the sourcing team but also the creative team that are based there.

Also, perhaps more flexibility in regards to work from home (work load depending of course).

Advice to Management

I think the management have recently showed that they do listen to what the teams have to say, and they working with everyone to keep TWI as good as it is and also to improve the business. All I can say is keep doing this, every appreciates it.

7. "Exciting times to be a part of a growing business"

Pros

Talent Works is a growing business and a great opportunity to work with the some of the best brands in the world. They have lots of incentives and recognise hard work. You also get a lot of interaction with the CEO and you can see his passion and determination to grow the business which is infectious across all employees.

You get to run your own projects and build relationships directly with your clients. We also work on Global projects so get to work with different markets such as Asia and America which is really interesting.

Cons

Not as much interaction with other offices and departments within the business.

Advice to Management

Whilst its a great company I think there is scope to have more formal training. There are lots of ambitious people within the business and I think training for skills such as leadership would be a big benefit.

"Talented People, Great Work, Excellent Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Pros

The business is almost unrecognisable from when I first joined - in a good way! We've had our bumps in the road but now have in place really strong, talented teams who all bring some unique and valuable to the wider business.

We work with some fantastic clients and have a real opportunity to impact their recruitment processes and Employer Brand in a positive way.

If you're willing to take it, you get the freedom to run projects and build relationships directly with your clients, as well as contribute towards building our ever evolving culture.

If you're resilient, agile and face challenges with a smile you will love it here. The people are fantastic and Neil's passion for his people and the business is infectious.

Cons

In the past there have been some issues with communication between teams which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Whilst we're doing a fantastic job and on the right track, there's always more we can do:

- Raise our profile as an Employer of Choice both in Manchester, Northampton and the US
    - Invest in Leadership training for our Senior Managers and Team Leads
    - Encourage offices to get involved in their local community - budgets for social events, volunteering days etc

"A creative company which is too focussed on Sourcing still"

I worked at Talent Works full-time

Pros

Good Health Care and Incentives

Cons

- Too much focus on the Sourcing side of the business but want to win creative awards - listen to your creative team!?
    - Favouritism between the Northampton and Manchester teams
    - No help from colleagues in your OWN team regardless of being promised training
    - Too much negativity in own team which affected team morale
    - Automatically expected to work extra hours because of business overseas without any appreciation

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and their ideas, they only want to help better the company. Train your staff!

"A business that's full of Talented People with a great attitude."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Talent Works full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talent Works has a phenomenal growth story behind it. A business that has innovated, adapted, and launched three new divisions over the past 8 years. It's a fast paced, entrepreneurial business that invests in it's people, it's infrastructure and it's clients. Most of all, it's full of talented and inspirational people. Teams and individuals have a real passion for what they do and a collective goal to deliver great service, great work, and a great experience for clients and employees. People genuinely care about the business and are proud of what they are achieving here.

Cons

Not a con as such, but it's a growing business that places high expectations (in a positive way) on it's employees to deliver the highest standards of work and service. The growing nature of the business means you need to be adaptable, agile, and willing to work hard. Not the place for you if you're looking for a easy ride and don't want to be challenged.

Advice to Management

The business has a strong and experienced management team that has taken time to build. They work hard, care about their teams, and are building a fantastic environment for the right people with the right attitude, to thrive.