TalentBurst Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TalentBurst Founder and CEO Bharat (Brad) Singh Talwar
Bharat (Brad) Singh Talwar

Pros
  • I have worked with TalentBurst as a full time employee for almost 10 years (in 4 reviews)

• HR department will help with any questions when you filling out paperwork (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons representative was responsive (in 3 reviews)

• Totally unprofessional staff who will never respond to emails or calls (in 2 reviews)

"Not trustworthy"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at TalentBurst as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

None, they do the bare minimum: payroll. Everyone does that or they're breaking the law and are out of business.

Cons

The first sign of a shady agency is if they ask you to sign a non-compete agreement. Legit agencies draw talent by valuing them and building good relationships, the shady ones try to intimidate you into sticking with them so they can milk you for as long as possible.

1) TalentBurst has a non-compete that's much longer than average -- you agree not to work in any capacity for your client until after a year from when you left. I've never seen these things longer than 6 months. If you've been around, you'll know that you can just walk out and find many agencies who have no such agreements. Recommend you do.

2) No, non-compete's aren't enforceable in California. But TB has a clause that any dispute has to be taken up where their HQ is located, Massachusetts. So you'll have to agree to take off work and travel to a judge there if there's an issue.

3) And Mass judges have a history of backing non-compete agreements. You'd probably still win if you did all your work in CA, but you'll have to wonder about it while you're taking off work and buying plane tickets and hotel rooms. Can you afford it? Are they betting you can't so you'll submit and avoid the mess?

4) Do a search, TB has a history of going to court over these things. Recently they sued a former client who hired someone who'd signed their non-compete. And more incredible, the founders of the company were sued by their former employer when they all broke off to start their own agency and took the clientele with them. It's like a TV show or something.

5) The result of the above is that to work for them, you have to sign an agreement that can be used to pressure you -- with economic fear -- into refusing an offer from your client that in CA you have a legal right to take. And they can use it to worry the client enough to rescind an offer. Not that they can win any court cases, but if they show up with your signed non-compete and say they're going to fight, how many employers won't simply say 'too much work, nevermind'?

You can go to about any agency at all and avoid all this mess. Your choice.

Advice to Management

Drop the non-compete agreement -- quality companies don't ask it of people, you should keep people with loyal treatment, not intimidation.

Sep 5, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review, it seems your entire complaint is about non-competes. In the history of TalentBurst we have never enforced or forced action on any employee for a non-compete violation ... More

"Beware of this Employer"

Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at TalentBurst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Timely Payroll. However, first paycheck was late 3-4 weeks. Person of contact always responds but not much they can do if there is an issue. Everything is sorted between you and the client.

Cons

Disorganized, low pay (below national average), false promises, dishonest contract terms, unprofessional managers who act superior and think they are smarter than you.

Advice to Management

This company should be more straightforward and honest with prospective employees about the contract terms. It isn't nice to sugar coat things just to get someone to sign with you. Also, I advice you look into US Department of Labor (Bureau Labor Statistics) website and make sure the salary you offer matches their national data salary. Because it in fact does not. 👎🏼

Aug 22, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review, we run a biweekly payroll and if you started on the Monday of the 1st week then you get paid in the 3rd week once you have finished 2 weeks of work on your timecards. 4 weeks ... More

"Discrimination, lies, and illegal activities"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at TalentBurst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that I do not have to deal with these people any longer.

Cons

Nothing confidential, discriminate against older employees and those with disabilities, and HR cannot get their act together.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff in order before your reputation is permanently damaged!

Aug 11, 2014 – CEO

Sorry if you had a bad experience, we always try to provide a positive working environment for all 1500 of our employees. We always treat all current and future employees with respect and do not ... More

"Does not support contractors"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at TalentBurst as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Was able to negotiate a good hourly wage

Cons

The recruiters are only interested in you during the hiring process, after that they'll leave you hanging if there are any issues with the company you're contracted to.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring recruiters that are sleezy!

Aug 11, 2014 – CEO

Our team always tries to ensure a positive working experience, we are sorry if you had a bad experience. We do have a consultant outreach ambassador that is always looking to any client related ... More

6. "Bait and Switch means Greedy"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TalentBurst as a contractor

Pros

I did receive my pay. The manager did pick up the phone when I called and played the roll of concern, but that was about it.

Cons

They get short term projects and sell them for 6 months to the contractors to get you "hooked". After the time and energy they then say you got the position/contract then wait a day or so and say well it changed to monthly. KNOWING IT WAS FOR ONE MONTH. They say it is near end of budget the next budgeted part of the project $$ will be delegated at the end of the month. I get to the client and they say it was never for more than one month. I should have walked out, but I had already driven to Atlanta to do this job. Pitiful and dishonest. Even emailed the CEO an no response they only care about putting money in their hands at the expense of others.

Jan 4, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review, I am sorry that you felt that my team was dishonest to you. We work off the contract requisitions issued to us by our clients, often times client budgets change without any ... More

"Extremely disappointing : hard co. to work with & get benefits"

Pros

Organized payroll through SAP Fieldglass although you will have to go several weeks first without pay. (system setting taking too long to process first pay.) When it works, it is great!

Cons

Few large Indian-based clients. No opportunities to change contract when there are major issues at client site. False full-time employment promises (lies, lies, lies.) Inability to secure reimbursements for paid benefits (medical/dental/vision, etc.) Challenges in securing mandatory COBRA offers. No support of in-the-field contractors and days to return emails or calls. Too many sites and silloed locations to get information from. The entire employment experience (from first communications to last ones, timesheets, job posting, payments, benefits, list of available resources, etc) should all be integrated under 1 secured intranet.

Advice to Management

When contractors are making requests for services and benefits they paid for and are entitled to per US Law, please do not disregard their inquiries for corporate cost-saving benefits. Also, recruiters should be more straightforward about the true nature of the contracts and conditions to work within. Finally, get 1 secured intranet (not many) to capture the entire experience.

Sep 5, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your review, sometimes the first payroll can be three weeks out as we run a bi-weekly payroll for all our employees and after the first two weeks it takes us three days to process it. Due ... More

"Disapointed"

I worked at TalentBurst full-time

Pros

Good operations staff while I was employed.

Cons

Blame workers when management decisions go wrong, ignore recommendations from their hired professional staff on resoulutions to save fines, penalties...overall, some members of the management are arrogant and others follow blindly.

Advice to Management

Management needs to hire people with experience in their fields and listen when advised on issues. They also need to start paying attention to the changing landscape of benefits before it becomes a financial and compliance nightmare. Pay attention. To and hire experts in their prospective fields.

Jan 18, 2016 – CEO

Thank you very much for your review and suggestions. We greatly appreciate the feedback and wish you the very best for your career. -Brad

"Very unprofessional and rude"

Pros

None, seriously none at all

Cons

-Salesman like attitude of recruiters
    -Think of candidates as if candidates need them to sell them to hiring companies
    -Rude talking

Advice to Management

Try to train your recruiters to talk professionally. Don't behave as if you are paying candidates from out of your pocket.

"Abysmal"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TalentBurst as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of a single positive which came out of that working relationship. The saying about lying down with dogs and waking up with fleas comes to mind.

Cons

Pushy recruiters, slave-labor management and incompetent HR. You are a walking invoice for them.

"A Terrible Company To Work For"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at TalentBurst as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Who wrote these positive reviews? Are we talking about the same company? The positive reviews must all be staffers.

Cons

Will not return phone calls regarding long overdue contractor payments. Unprofessional accounting staff that lie and mislead contractors regarding payments.

Advice to Management

Pay Your Bills!