Talk2Rep Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time

Pros

Great company to work for overall. Great management team in a great work environment.

Cons

Didn't experience any downsides while working at Talk2Rep.

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the work environment, I really appreciated how I was able to move up to different positions.

Cons

I wish there was more benefits at T2R, at the time there was little available. This may have changed.

Advice to Management

More opportunities and listen to your chat reps.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This office is great. There are random potlucks for the agents and it's a laid back atmosphere. If you do what you're supposed to, no one micromanages. Some of the people are the best I've come across so far, including the CEO. I can tell you that anyone who "disapproves of the CEO" doesn't know him or is just salty at the company. This is a staffing agency that hires when there are contracts and unfortunately, if that contract doesn't last, sometimes they are let go. However, upon accepting the job as an agent, you know what you are signing up for. So "being fired for no reason" just doesn't happen. Either the contract ended or performance was not up to par. I've been here for quite some time and I don't plan on leaving.

Cons

No insurance or 401K. Benefit packages could be much better.

Advice to Management

Nothing except to maybe consider insurance.

4. "Decent Job for students, but ultimately a dead end job."

Pros

The company hired me for political campaigns first, but when that ended they moved me from campaign to campaign until they found me something I could stick with for the long term.

The office culture when I worked there was laid back and everyone was friendly, but they are strict with cell phone use inside the building.

Cons

In the two and a half years I worked there they never gave me a raise. I constantly met my quota or exceeded it, but I still received the same paycheck for years.

Advice to Management

Give people raises and a chance for advancement and the company would be less of a revolving door of employees.

"Not What It Appears To Be"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started off to be a great job. Lots of promises. Bonuses, raise after 6 months. Bonuses were $5 gift cards and no raise happened after 6 months.

Cons

The only thing that happens is more pressure on you to meet your conversion rate, and follow a script that has been full of mistakes for almost a year. You get fired without any notice, are never warned of mistakes being made. You don't have any sick days, are not paid for legal holidays and have $5 taken off from each pay check for your direct deposit. Is that even legal?

Advice to Management

Be true to what you promise.

"A good filler between jobs"

Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Talk2Rep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you do your research, you go in knowing that they have funny firing practices. So knowing that, I went in using it as a temporary job until I got something more stable. Most people were right, they do let you go without telling you why.

But I can speculate why I was let go and I can't really blame them. I only lasted 2 months and that was probably because 1. I wasn't a very good salesperson. Some of it was lack of skill/aggressiveness at the time and the other was that you get credited for sales when people order after chatting with you, so some people are just not going to complete their order or they're going to come back later and chat with another rep before they order and they will get your credit.
    Also your scores are affected by how customers rate you, so if they rate low for whatever reason, you're screwed and if they just don't rate at all, it's a ding because you didn't engage them enough to want to leave a score and even if you're jumping through hoops you can't force them to leave a rate (this one was mostly my problem). But you can't ask them to rate... so you have to kind of convince them to rate in other ways. But honestly, I just never met the quota and I was surprised I made it that far. I expected to last a couple of weeks.

2. I got sick. I called in properly but they let me go anyway. If you do your research, you would know that this is common. This is probably out of the POC's hands. My POC was understanding and judging from the way things were going, I think if I had not gotten sick, I would have lasted at least another week or so until they just had to let me go.

So this tells you two things: Meet your quotas and don't ever call in sick or for any reason at all.

Of course, I've read other people say they had great performance and was always present but still got terminated, so it's really out of your control.

The bottom line is to appreciate the job for what it is: an opportunity to gain experience as a chat representative/sales rep/etc... and don't stop looking for real, stable work.

Extra Pros: Get to work at home, no commute. $9/hr beats $0. You don't have to talk or have zero background noise because you're typing.

Cons

Extra Cons: You have to work 2-3 chats a time and have alot of numbers to hit. They definitely monitor your chats and hop in quite a bit, which can throw you off while you're multi-tasking especially if they didn't read the whole chat screen and force you to repeat something to the customer that you already said.

On a side note, I did notice cliques. Most of the POC's were nice and helpful, though there was one passive aggressive POC that would never help and she once blasted a negative message to the whole chat room right after she monitored my screw up. She didn't call my name out but it wasn't really called for, since most POC's will just message you individually about your performance.

Other than those things, it was worth the experience. I say give it a shot.

Advice to Management

Give people a reason why you're terminating them so we can work on correcting the mistake for future jobs and we can explain it to the recruiter at the next job accurately.

7. "T2R review"

Former Employee - Dispatch in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Pompano Beach, FL

Pros

24 hr schedule. Low learning curve

Cons

Repetitive calls, outdated office supplies

Advice to Management

Update office supplies (phones,chairs,computer accessories)

8. "Outbound Representative"

Current Employee - Outbound Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Outbound Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Great work environment and supervisors are very encouraging

Cons

The only con is that since it's a contract, I have to pay my own taxes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"my experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Educational Coach in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep (More than a year)

Pros

there is not much I can really say I liked

Cons

they are outbound educational service

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

work from home was an advantage

Cons

none that really stand out with the exception of being told there was a cap on pay increases.

Advice to Management

tenure and dedication was not recognized as it should have been. contract was terminated.